4 replies to this topic

#1 catnap

catnap
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MUHC

Posted 02 March 2021 - 09:40 PM

Hi everyone! So glad this exists.

A bit about me: 3 failed IUIs, moving to IVF this month,everything at MUHC/McGill. I'm turning 41 soon, have low AMH but everything else is fine, just unexplained infertility. Might get ICSI. Have to decide about single or double embryo transfer. I'll probably ask some questions on the other boards!

#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 08 March 2021 - 08:32 PM

Welcome catnap. At 41 the chances of a pregnancy, though not impossible, with your own eggs is quite low due to the high chance of your eggs being genetically abnormal. The low AMH is an indicator that you are near the end of your own eggs, and probably the reason for your struggles to achieve a pregnancy. The first IVF is a big reveal of how your body react to the stimulants. Usually with low AMH it is expected that you will be a poor responder and may need high doses of stimulates to get eggs. Any idea on your protocol?

#3 catnap

catnap
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MUHC

Posted 08 March 2021 - 09:56 PM

My AMH is 0.87 (down from 1.41 in Dec 2019). Is that extremely low?

I don't have the exact protocol yet, but I have a list of meds. The main stim is Menopur 375iu. There's also Suprefact, Estrace, Medrol, Ovidrel, Orgalutran, Prometrium... they also wrote Endometrin, but I think that's basically the same as Prometrium?

When I did IUI, it was just Menopur (75iui), Ovidrel, Prometrium.

#4 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 115 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 18 March 2021 - 01:09 AM

Hello, I hope you get better results soon.

#5 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 20 March 2021 - 06:49 AM

My AMH is 0.87 (down from 1.41 in Dec 2019). Is that extremely low?

I don't have the exact protocol yet, but I have a list of meds. The main stim is Menopur 375iu. There's also Suprefact, Estrace, Medrol, Ovidrel, Orgalutran, Prometrium... they also wrote Endometrin, but I think that's basically the same as Prometrium?

When I did IUI, it was just Menopur (75iui), Ovidrel, Prometrium.

Hi catnap. The units are important as well, but I do assume you are in ng/ml. Yes that AMH is quite low. I put a summary together at the beginning of our journey. I think it's still relevant. You can find it here: https://ivf.ca/forum...it-explanation/

Based on your AMH though I would expect that you will be a poor responder. It's not great news, but it doesn't mean there is no hope. It does take just one.