DHEA (supplements) for IVF - Need your advice plz! - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

DHEA (supplements) for IVF - Need your advice plz!

Ivf Supplements Side effects Risks Advantage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lilly.moon

Lilly.moon
  • Just Hatched
  • 20 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 12 February 2021 - 01:07 PM

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any advice to give regarding DHEA supplements (Dehydroepiandrosterone). My Dr. has prescribed it for me, but I don't know if I must absolutely take it. I've been trying to find information online but nothing really tells me whether I should definitely take it or not.

Has anyone taken it/currently taking it? Have you experienced any particular side effects? Do we know of any long-term side effects associated with it? Would it make a difference if I DON'T take it? Any insight would be very much appreciated.

#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3311 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 14 February 2021 - 01:51 PM

I would trust your RE, or have these questions for him. There are differing opinions on DHEA use, but in some cases it may be helpful when you are older or expect to have poor egg quality or poor response I think. Again, instead of getting advice on here, this is something you should really resolve with your doctor. In terms of whether to take it or not, if you didn't, and things didn't work out in the cycle, would you regret NOT taking it (whatever advice or evidence there is)? If you would regret it, perhaps you should take it. There are side effects with it for some people depending on how long you take it, but I don't think any of them are long term.

#3 Lilly.moon

Lilly.moon
  • Just Hatched
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:45 AM

I would trust your RE, or have these questions for him. There are differing opinions on DHEA use, but in some cases it may be helpful when you are older or expect to have poor egg quality or poor response I think. Again, instead of getting advice on here, this is something you should really resolve with your doctor. In terms of whether to take it or not, if you didn't, and things didn't work out in the cycle, would you regret NOT taking it (whatever advice or evidence there is)? If you would regret it, perhaps you should take it. There are side effects with it for some people depending on how long you take it, but I don't think any of them are long term.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, I really appreciate it. Right now, I'm leaning toward not taking it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ivf, Supplements, Side effects, Risks, Advantage