• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Cindymc

Cindymc
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:30 PM

Thoughts. I went to see a naturopath to help with my eggs quality/ quantity/uterine lining and they gave some meds. I talked to my clinic about it and they said not to take any of it because it would interfere with my IVF cycle. I know doctors and naturopaths dont melt. Anyone has info on this. I dont want to do something that will make it worst.

#2 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 01 February 2021 - 03:52 PM

When you say meds, do you mean supplements?

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC to investigate issue

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Planning our first FET in fall 2020

#3 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:11 PM

I worked with a naturopath my entire IVF cycle- my clinic even has a naturopath on-site. Not sure why your clinic would be so against! There are some supplements you can take, and others that may interfere with IVF meds but there are definitely some that very much help the IVF process. What particular supplements are you taking? 

• Cindymc likes this

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif

#4 Cindymc

Cindymc
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 04:37 PM

@misskika007
Macagen
Wild yams
EstroMend
ProgestoMend
Testoplus

What were you taking?

#5 Cindymc

Cindymc
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 06:05 PM

[

@misskika007
Macagen
Wild yams
EstroMend
ProgestoMend
Testoplus

What were you taking?

quote name="Misskika007" post="2726327" timestamp="1612213889"]

I worked with a naturopath my entire IVF cycle- my clinic even has a naturopath on-site. Not sure why your clinic would be so against! There are some supplements you can take, and others that may interfere with IVF meds but there are definitely some that very much help the IVF process. What particular supplements are you taking? [/quote]

#6 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:15 PM

Not sure about wild yams but I can see why your clinic wouldn't want you on the other ones- anything that deals with hormones should be cut out for sure. I was on very different things: NAC + ALA, Curcumin, Pycnogenol, Vitamin D (still am!) and L-Cystine for retrieval, then NAC + ALA, Curcumin, Pycnogenol, Vitamin D & E for transfer. Before retrieval I was on Resveretrol but was told to stop that during IVF meds because it messes with hormones. Does the naturopath you see have experience with IVF cycles? General fertility supplements aren't good to take during IVF because they can interfere with drugs but there are specific supplements one can take during an IVF cycle to support the process. 

TTC 4 years

#7 Cindymc

Cindymc
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:19 PM

Not sure about wild yams but I can see why your clinic wouldn't want you on the other ones- anything that deals with hormones should be cut out for sure. I was on very different things: NAC + ALA, Curcumin, Pycnogenol, Vitamin D (still am!) and L-Cystine for retrieval, then NAC + ALA, Curcumin, Pycnogenol, Vitamin D & E for transfer. Before retrieval I was on Resveretrol but was told to stop that during IVF meds because it messes with hormones. Does the naturopath you see have experience with IVF cycles? General fertility supplements aren't good to take during IVF because they can interfere with drugs but there are specific supplements one can take during an IVF cycle to support the process. 

#8 Cindymc

Cindymc
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 08:20 PM

They have experience with fertility and told me with IVF too but ?????

Whats NAC and ALA

Did you have a successful IVF cycle? If so after how many failed?

#9 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 09:30 PM

May be worth getting a second opinion if you want to add supplements in as you will definitely want a naturopath that understands your specific fertility issues and the medications you are on. Nac is to control endometriosis/inflammation in ivf cycles. The supplements you take should be tailored to your specific issues though, I dont think there is a one size fits all approach with them. I did three retrievals and three transfers, the last transfer stuck and Im now 23 weeks pregnant. I do think this had more to do with the medications and lab at the clinic I switched to though since I was on the same supplements for all other treatments.

TTC 4 years