#1 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3311 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 20 January 2021 - 07:51 PM

Well Happy New Year everybody! How has 2021 been treating you guys? I do hope it gets better soon. I never thought I'd ever live through anything like these Covid times. As for my journey, today is CD#1. We have one more embryo and this will be the end one way or another.

• Daisy.Eriksen and Carter81 like this

#2 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:03 PM

Happy New Year! Covid sure has been a weird time - I hope it does improve soon.

Good luck with this cycle, Returnable! 

• returnable likes this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#3 Balance

Balance
  • Global 100+
  • 341 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:11 PM

Happy new year everyone! Covid sucks!

Wishing you all the best this year.

Returnable fingers and toes crossed for you
  • returnable and Daisy.Eriksen like this

Me- 35 36 37 38 39 40 DH- 34 35 36 37 38 39 ; Male Factor TTC since 2011 Ottawa Fertility Centre Feb 2013, Montreal Fertility Centre June 2013, Switched to McGill 2014, Montreal Fertility Centre 2014 & 2015, OFC 2016, Markham 2017 & 2018 Greater detail in About Me

FET - May 10, 2018.  May 19 + HPT!! 1st Beta May 22 - 435!! 2nd Beta May 24 - 995!! June 21st - IT"S A BOY!!! babyboy.gif  EDD January 26, 2019

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our son arrived on January 18, 2019 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

FET #2 - Oct 6, 2019. ++++ We are pregnant again.  Having another boy! babyboy.gif EDD June 23, 2020

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif Our 2nd son arrived on June 25, 2020 heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif 

#4 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 205 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:21 AM

Happy New Year!! Sending positive thoughts and wishes to you all heart.gif

Very tired of Covid making this journey even more difficult so hoping it will improve soon!

• returnable and Daisy.Eriksen like this

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

Nov 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

#5 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1069 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 04:00 PM

Happy New Year everyone. Although no longer on this journey I found you all so supportive and hope to be able to supportive to you along with others going this route in the future
  • returnable, Daisy.Eriksen and Carter81 like this

Nov 2016 Feb 2017 4 failed iui

Mar 2017 IVF 3 pgs abnormal embryos

Oct 2017 IVF 1 pgs normal embryo

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

May 2018 Donor FET 5 week mc

Feb 2019 Donor FET 5.5 week mc

#6 Cure4Mito

Cure4Mito
  • Global 100+
  • 244 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:San Diego Fertility Clinic, Create

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:43 AM

Hello all— been a long time since I’ve been on the boards.  Been a long journey for us, but I gave birth two b/g twins in 2017 through DE.

Considering *maybe* transferring for just *one* embryo this time, lol.  Maybe towards the end of the year, as vaccines get rolled out and things are getting back to normal.  My husband and I are lucky enough to work from home, but have the twins with us as we’re not putting back to Montessori until COVID numbers decline.

I’ll be 39 this year, so, still debating...  Would love for my twins to have a younger sibling.

Best of luck to everyone here.  Hope everyone is staying safe.

Me - 32 38
DH - 34 40
April 2012 - DS born @ 38 weeks, 6lbs 14oz.
August 2012 - Due to a rare genetic condition, our beautiful son passed away.  Always our little guardian angel.
April 2013 - Starting the journey to use donor eggs... Looking forward to giving our little angel brothers and sisters.
June 2013 - Found donor, cancelled cycle door to poor response to meds and not producing any eggs
July/August 2013 - Round 2 with donor; cancelled due to her grandmother's death
September 2013 - Found new proven donor; last time she is willing to donate
November @ SDFC: 32 eggs retrieved, 28 fertilized, 13 good enough to freeze
November 4 - Transfer of 1 perfect blast at San Diego Fertility Clinic, 12 blasts on ice.
November 13th - POAS (one of many) - Positive
November 15th - Beta #1 - 332 - Pregnant
November 19th - Beta #2 - 1600
December 2nd - Ultrasound #1 - 1 little bean with HB 117 & EDD July 22, 2014
Poor baby, missed miscarriage. Now planning for FET in several months...
1st - 6th FET: All failed
Onto finding a new donor, Egg Helpers.
Donor #2: did a cycle, but no embryos resulted
Donor #3: cycle successful, 13 embryos resulted, 2 transferred
B/G twins born Apr ‘17

#7 Heh Irish.

Heh Irish.
  • 48 posts
  • My Clinic:TRIO

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:10 AM

Hello everyone. It's been quiet here.
It's nice to see old friends checking in on everyone.
@Daisy, I just read your news on the closing of 2020 board. I am so so happy for you and hope your journey has continued to be uneventful.

I'm also still holding out hope for those that are still here on this tumultuous journey. I'm also sad to read that some on my DE buddies have had a really shit time and COVID has only made it worse. I'm always thinking of you all and you are in my prayers.

7 months ago when my second son was born through DE I thought our family was complete. But if I'm honest the only reason I thought that was because of the fear of this journey and the previous losses. Roll on to where we are today and everyone being utterly in love with this little guy means I'm ready to risk it and go again. I'm trying my best not to think that we've pushed our luck already or that we could have future losses and pain and grief by starting back on this journey but a positive end result will worth it. And that needs to be the focus. Not what if we have no embryos, what if I miscarry, what if what if what if..... So here we go again.....

(And for those that are still fearful of this journey because it's not your egg. Don't be....I have two sons, one a natural miracle and the other from DE, I love them both, unconditionally, the same, and everyone thinks the baby looks like my nephew and Dad! When I went to the fertility counsellor I aired my fears about the baby being different and potentially not being loved the same. While I was pregnant I was afraid I was carrying this "alien" baby. The fertility counsellor did well to remind me that I felt this way with my first son and these feelings are normal for all Moms... In the end, it's just an egg. Only love matters.)

I'm currently browsing the Frozen egg banks, we're planning on moving house and I'm still nursing so haven't had a pp period yet. (I had one with my first son at 5 months so I'm wondering if my early menopause has started already..... Don't know if that's even a thing that can happen.) I always remember my RE saying transfer should be straight forward "because you still have your periods" but I'm not sure I do, having been diagnosed as Perimenopausal 5 years ago. Anyway long story short I won't be ready to transfer until after we move and then I'll need to see where my period is at. But my RE confirmed I'm still a patient and I should just arrange an appointment when I'm ready.

Has anyone found any issues with the egg banks lately because of COVID?

1 natural miracle boy, 2013;

AMH 0.0 but still cycle normally with a BFC 5-7;

TTC since 2016;

2 IUIs 2016;

Failed IVF September 2017 Single Embyro Expired on Day 3;

Medicated cycles on and off since June 2016.

Stopped all injectables and PG December 2018; 

2019 continued with Femara  until Donor path was defined. 

June 22 transferred Grade3AC embryo (from Frozen DE); July 02 Beta 1 - BFP HCG 331 / July 04 Beta 2 - BFP HCG 960;

July 24 7 week US - Viability scan perfect; Aug 06 9 week US - Baby has no heart beat - measured 9 weeks and 2 days, D and C; Chromosome and genetic screening clear. 

Our 6 day 6BB Frostie - Transferred November 22. BFP Dec 6th - Due date Aug 5th 2020 - Update March 6th, transferred to care of family Dr. 

#8 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 469 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:46 PM

Hello all!

JIC - how is the home study process going?

Cure4Mito - good luck with your decision and future transfer!

Heh - so nice to hear from you. I hope the process goes well!

Carter and Returnable, how are you doing?

Thanks, Heh! Things are going well so far, fingers crossed. Anatomy scan on Thursday, it will be nice to have another chance to see babe. :) 

Hope everyone's hanging in there, covid fatigue is getting heavy. 

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#9 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3311 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:24 PM

Hi Daisy hope all went well today.

I had a second cancelled FET in a row, so will be doing the EMMA test next week. For those who have never heard of this, they take a uterine biopsy (same company does the analysis as for the ERA) and determine whether your microbiome is as it should be. If not, you take antibiotics and then probiotics both orally and vaginally for a couple of months. It's another delay, but no worse than two cancelled FET cycles in a row. I restarted this process in May last year and so far have one BFN and two cancelled cycles, so what's another few months for our last embryo. We're kind of running out of options for FET preps so this is just one more try.

I am sorry I'm not doing any more personals but am feeling a bit pooped with the process.

#10 JIC

JIC
  • 1000+
  • 1069 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:16 AM

Hey everyone.

Daisy. Hope your scan went well
Returnable. Sorry about the cancelled cycle again. Hopefully everything will be figured out and you can move forward.

Afm. Have what I think is my last homestudy meeting this week. Then it is a waiting game again as my social worker writes up her profile of me. It was intense at points but never felt intrusive if that makes any sense.
Had a strange experience recently. Two cycles ago I had break thru bleeding from ovulation until my period. Called my GP and was sent for an u/s. It was noted that my fibroid had grown and a sono was recommended. It couldnt be done as they were fully booked. Had to wait until next cycle. Experienced the same thing. Again told fully booked but I managed to find a location that could see me. I purposely did NOT want to go the clinic that I did my fertility treatment as it is to difficult to walk in there. Ended up having to go to the clinic that is part of TRIO where my physical transfer were done. Wasnt as bad being there just very strange feeling sitting in that office again. Thank goodness test was only about 5 minutes this time. Today slightly crampy.

Nov 2016 Feb 2017 4 failed iui

Mar 2017 IVF 3 pgs abnormal embryos

Oct 2017 IVF 1 pgs normal embryo

Dec 2017 FET  6.5 mc

May 2018 Donor FET 5 week mc

Feb 2019 Donor FET 5.5 week mc