#1 JenP11

JenP11
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 19 January 2021 - 08:09 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am 38 and have been TTC for 10 years.  Only Dx is endometriosis.  My first IVF cycle was not completed as my eggs were poor quality and did not fertilize.  One egg was immature, 2 were graded low.  I started out with 6-8 follicles and only 3 were retrieved on day 14. We were so hopeful and now completely devastated we didn't make it to retrieval.  My lining was measuring great at 11.  No male infertility factor.  

I was told that if I tried again, they would increase my Gonal F, and add a medication to mature the eggs quicker.  I am struggling with the decision on whether I should try again on my own or use a donor.  I would have to do another round of Lupron before another cycle.

I am wondering if anyone has had this happen to them?  Any information or suggestions on where to go from here are welcome.  

Everyone seems so great and supportive in this forum.  I am very happy to be here.

Thank you- I wish you all luck 

#2 skylarg

skylarg
  • 26 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 26 January 2021 - 08:17 AM

Hey there Jen! Welcome to the forum, it is true everyone has been super supportive so far!

Sorry to hear you're going through something like this. Personally, I struggle with a different reproductive issue but I'm sure you'll find some valuable answers here.

Is you dr on board with you doing another round of Lupron? I have spoken to another fellow forum member here who has been looking into egg donation! She mentioned a few clinics and is still doing her research!