• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:11 AM

Hello everyone and thank you for welcoming me into your group. I've recently started looking into egg donation. At first I was considering IVF but that might not be an option for me after all. I spoke with some doctors about egg donation and would like to hear your opinion on the matter too.

What made you decide egg donation was the right move for you? How did you find the right dr and clinic?

#2 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 468 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 20 January 2021 - 08:10 PM

Hi DutchessMom,

Good luck with your egg donation journey! It is such a lovely gift and beautiful way to make a family.

You may want to join our Donor Buddies 2021 thread, at this link here.

As for me, I chose egg donation after 4 stim cycles, 3 retrievals, and 3 failed fresh transfers with a total of 4 poor quality eggs. I didn't see it being worth trying again. I used a frozen egg bank that my fertility clinic worked with.

There are lots of options for egg donation. Using a known donor, getting fresh eggs from a donor from an agency (Canada, US or Europe), getting frozen eggs from a bank. Pros and cons to all of them. It usually helps to start with your own clinic and see what agencies they work with, or if you're interested in going overseas (not sure where you're located), doing some research on those clinics and finding where you can do remote monitoring. 

Good luck!

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#3 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • Just Hatched
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:02 AM

Dutchess Mom Hallo. For me I started this journey when I was already past egg producing age. I saw two doctors and both said I had to use donor eggs. I tried calling one agency last year to discuss live donors but they never called back. I guess COVID affected many activities & systems. I used a US frozen Egg Bank because I could search profiles from my house & not be stressed about negotiating with many people (the live donor option appeared overwhelming for me).

I got 8 eggs from that one bank and two made it to becoming embryos. One embryo made it to today 5 and one became a blastocyst at day 6.

Jewel 

#4 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • Just Hatched
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:06 AM

Oh... and I got the donor egg options from the two Clinics I visited. They gave me names and contact info. I signed up with two to view profiles and finally choose one based mainly on cost and a few internet reviews.

Jewel