• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:47 AM

Hi there! Don't know if this is the right group for this topic. I wanted to give it a shot in case someone here had more information! I've been looking into egg donation for the past couple of days and wanted to see if there were someone here with experience on this topic that would like to share some info! 

#2 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:31 AM

There is a Donor/Surrogacy forum that has a ton of wonderful women going through the egg donor process so it is full of great information! I found this group of ladies so helpful when I started my process (and still find them just as helpful today).

https://ivf.ca/forum...rogacy-buddies/

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

Nov 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

#3 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:09 AM

Thank you! I'll check them out right away. How was your experience with the matter? Did you consider IVF at first or went straight to egg donation?

#4 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:05 AM

I did do two IVF cycles with my own eggs which is how they figured out I have diminished ovarian reserve. I only managed to transfer two day 3 embryos each time and got bfn each time. I have poor egg quality so they said my best bet at my age would be to move onto donor eggs. 

So far, I have done two transfers with a Day 5 embryo each time but still haven't seen a positive. Luckily we were able to do the Assured Refund Program through DEB USA which is up to 6 tries. Hopefully this next cycle is the one!!

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

Nov 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

#5 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:55 AM

Thank you for sharing this information! Diminshed ovarian reserve? 1st time I'm hearing of this. It doesn't sound too pleasant, I'm sorry you had to experience that. 

Aww I hope you get a positive soon enough! And good thing you got the refund program! I wonder if they have that in Europe. I'll look into it. I'm hoping the next cycle is the one for you! Feel free to share your news when you know more. xx