6 replies to this topic

#1 Thehappyvet

Thehappyvet
  • Just Hatched
  • 25 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:19 AM

Hi everyone! 

Both my and my partner had been tested for causes of infertility and both seem to be having no issues. 

I was wondering, does anyone have the same experience?

We have been TTC since two years now and so far nothing. 

When was the point when you started considering IVF?

Good luck to everyone!

#2 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:10 AM

Hey there! I'm on a similar boat. I'm 43, have had a baby conceived and born naturally but I don't see it happening again for me. It's been about a year and I think it's time I look into other options. I guess for me, the point is not wasting time. I don't want to wake up in a few years and feel regret about not having tried everything. 

Are you still TTC? Have you looked into other options? I've done a preliminary research on some clinics. 

#3 skylarg

skylarg
  • Just Hatched
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:29 AM

Hello everyone! I resonate with the happy vet a bit more. I'm a 40yr old female and while nothing is wrong with me or my DH, it's not happening for us. We have poured money and resources into getting test after test and still nothing solid! I'm at a point where I'll be narrowing done my choice of clinic in the next week or so! Then I'll get my affairs in order and travel abroad to hopefully meet my baby! 

@dutchessmom I'm glad you got to experience natural birth and I hope it happens again. If not, just know that there are so many options waiting for you. 

#4 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:55 PM

Thank you @skylarg for the response! Yes I agree about the other options. I'm currently looking into these other options and trying to find the best clinic for me!

#5 Thehappyvet

Thehappyvet
  • Just Hatched
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:23 AM

Hey there!

Yes @skylarg, I completely feel you there. Honestly all this testing over and over and nothing.

Personally I absolutely hate when people attribute this situation to stress. "Just relax" Like, oh, wait, I didn't think about that, thanks for the tip, you know?

Which clinics are you considering?

I have my eye on IVF Spain and Embryocosmos in Greece and also Dunya in Cyprus.

I heard such good things about them, also in other forums. 

Especially about the one in Cyprus, there was a viral story here in the UK about a woman who got pregnant after 14 miscarriages, I found that so inspiring! 

#6 skylarg

skylarg
  • Just Hatched
  • 16 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:04 AM

@thehappyvet

The "just relax" suggestion, gets me every time. My DH responds each time by saying "oh really? how is it that we never thought of that?"

I'm participating in several forums about keeping calm and I find them quite helpful. Knowing that others are going through a similar struggle, helps me calm down. 

At first I was considering about 10 different clinics. But I quickly realized I had to narrow down the list. The Dunya clinic is on my list, and if I'm being honest it checks most of my boxes. I spoke to them yesterday (I talk to them pretty often with endless questions) and they're waiting on an update as to when would be a good time to fly out there. 

I'm considering a clinic in Spain too, ProcreaTec, which I heard wonderful things about but my main concern is the language barrier. 

I'm considering a clinic in Belgium(currently here) too but I think a change of scenery will do me good. 

Imagine if we end up being Dunya buddies? I wonder if there is a group for that! 

I saw the article circulating on a different forum and was impressed.

P.s do you know if the dunya clinic does egg donation too? Any thoughts on that? A woman I met on another forum asked me if I knew details.

xx

#7 Thehappyvet

Thehappyvet
  • Just Hatched
  • 25 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:08 PM

Wow that would be so cool! babygirl.gif babyboy.gif

I have seen some threads concerning clinics but they are mostly not very active, unfortunately.

When are you planning to go?

It is not clear to me when exactly they open again for procedures.

Yes, they do because I saw on their site a part about applying to become an egg donor. Are you considering it? I was thinking so far about a "simple" IVF procedure but as I don't know what is the matter with me, even after all those tests, perhaps it will prove to be that I will need to consider that option too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: infertility, abortion