• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 skylarg

skylarg
  • Just Hatched
  • 20 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:31 PM

How difficult/easy is it to travel to complete an IVF procedure? I'm looking at clinics abroad and I'm wondering who else has taken this step.

#2 Thehappyvet

Thehappyvet
  • Just Hatched
  • 29 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 04 January 2021 - 12:48 PM

Double up on this one, also considering going abroad. Probably Greece or Cyprus.

Any good clinics?

If anyone has any leads on that, it would be super helpful!

#3 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:21 AM

I think I'll be travelling abroad too,when allowed again. I haven't done any research yet so I'll be following your thread to see what clinics you suggest! giggle.gif

#4 Thehappyvet

Thehappyvet
  • Just Hatched
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2021 - 02:18 PM

I am between these three!

IVF Spain  and Embryolab in Thessaloniki and Dunya in Cyprus. About Dunya there was an article also in Daily mail I think, that they helped a British woman have her baby after 12 or 14 miscarriages!

Anyone else considering these? 

#5 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 283 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:24 AM

Does anyone know if we can travel to do ivf right now? Would we just need a note from the clinic

#6 skylarg

skylarg
  • Just Hatched
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:30 AM

Hello everyone! I saw that article and couldn't believe it! The strength that woman had, wow! And not to mention big kudos to the dunya clinic for giving her 2nd round for Free. 

I've looked at several clinics in Spain too and Cyprus. My big concern is that i don't speak spanish. So I would need a clinic who is fluent in English. 

@melissa87 I don't know if we can travel everywhere at the moment. I think it depends on each country and how they handle the lockdown. 

#7 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:39 PM

Its scary I really want to go to Spain asap for an ivf related surgery I really need. I emailed the consulat and asked. I hope they get back to me 

#8 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 283 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:39 PM

Regarding your concern about Spain the clinics I have talked to all have high English levels 

#9 skylarg

skylarg
  • Just Hatched
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:49 AM

Thanks for the information! I spoke to a couple from another forum who ended up going to spain and told me that the language was a barrier. Perhaps things have improved since then?

In any case I hope you get to go soon for your procedure. 

#10 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 07:53 AM

I read about the dunya clinic from some other users here and another forum. I read the reviews online too. They seem to speak a ton of languages, which is impressive!

I looked at one in the UK, but honestly I'm too scared to travel there any time soon. 

Still searching but these threads are super helpful!

#11 skylarg

skylarg
  • Just Hatched
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:01 AM

The dunya clinic so far has checked all my boxes of things I'm looking for! So it's just a matter of deciding where I'll travel once we're able to. I got to be honest with everyone. I don't want to travel right now. If I'm going to do this, I want to do it right, from the start till the end. So right now I'd be so nervous and anxious about everything, I doubt my body could respond to a treatment. 

@dutchessmom yes the UK seems like a long lost dream right now. I spoke to a future mom a couple of days ago and she told me their lockdown situation is insane. And not much is improving. 

#12 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 07:39 AM

I'm so happy you've found a clinic you're comfortable with. I feel like that's the 1st big step in this direction! I guess it's madness everywhere. Does your clinic do egg donation too?

#13 skylarg

skylarg
  • Just Hatched
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 04:41 AM

I believe they do yes. And they have some questions and answers on their site to get a first impression! I'm including the link for you here so you can check it out. https://www.dunyaivf...n/egg-donation/

#14 Thehappyvet

Thehappyvet
  • Just Hatched
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:47 AM

Another girl I am talking to on the forum contacted IVF Spain to make her appointment and she had the same questions about the language. I think it is worth to check that not only the customer service but also the doctors are fluent so they can explain the procedure. 

I am also wondering what happens after the therapy. What is the strategy that each clinic follows when we return back home?

Personally, I am compiling a set of questions concerning these matters and I will send it to my three choices and see who replies in the most professional manner. 

Do you ladies have any similar questions?

#15 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:33 AM

You're right about the strategy question @thehappyvet 

And it says a lot about them if they don't reply in a professional manner. First impressions count, right? I was talking to a lovely woman earlier today on another forum and she told me of a terrible experience she had with a clinic because they kept changing the narrative and constantly told her different things. 

I think my main question would be (when I decide on what I want to do, where, when etc) is my body capable of doing this thing that I want? I understand that a clinic is a business and money is key but I'd SO appreciate if if they were honest with me. I know I want to become a mother again but if my body can't handle it, I'd want the truth. There are other lovely ways to become a parent. I'm fortunate enough to have experienced motherhood once and I think I'll learn to be OK with it. So I'm even open to surrogacy, adoption, egg donation etc. 

Was this too much? I apologize!

@skylarg Thank you for the dunya link, I checked it out and gathered some important information. p.s their location looks like a fancy hotel lol 

#16 Thehappyvet

Thehappyvet
  • Just Hatched
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 02:19 PM

And it says a lot about them if they don't reply in a professional manner. First impressions count, right? I was talking to a lovely woman earlier today on another forum and she told me of a terrible experience she had with a clinic because they kept changing the narrative and constantly told her different things. 

I think my main question would be (when I decide on what I want to do, where, when etc) is my body capable of doing this thing that I want? I understand that a clinic is a business and money is key but I'd SO appreciate if if they were honest with me. I know I want to become a mother again but if my body can't handle it, I'd want the truth. There are other lovely ways to become a parent. I'm fortunate enough to have experienced motherhood once and I think I'll learn to be OK with it. So I'm even open to surrogacy, adoption, egg donation etc. 

@skylarg Thank you for the dunya link, I checked it out and gathered some important information. p.s their location looks like a fancy hotel lol 

Absolutely! 

To me this is why it is so important to go about the matter in an almost business-like manner. And I really expect back a fully informational attitude. Also because in my work I am also dealing with people that are worrying terribly when the health of their pets is discussed. And to most people their pet is totally like a member of their family. So imagine me being vague about the results I see, that would be horrendous.

That's why I think professionals who are vague don't really know very well their business and their craft (best case scenario) or they are consciously trying to trick you (a**holes). 

And of course if someone overpromises something is a red flag for me too.

#17 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 02:39 AM

Absolutely! 

To me this is why it is so important to go about the matter in an almost business-like manner. And I really expect back a fully informational attitude. Also because in my work I am also dealing with people that are worrying terribly when the health of their pets is discussed. And to most people their pet is totally like a member of their family. So imagine me being vague about the results I see, that would be horrendous.

That's why I think professionals who are vague don't really know very well their business and their craft (best case scenario) or they are consciously trying to trick you (a**holes). 

And of course if someone overpromises something is a red flag for me too.

I don't think that some clinics understand that we're still fully functioning human beings, we haven't lost our brain cells because we want to become parents!

I wouldn't want to come across a vague vet, no thank you!

Another thing that bothers me a bit, is the vague information on some websites, or even worse the vague responses on emails. I sent an email to a clinic abroad which I had a read a terrible review online and wanted to get their thoughts on the matter. The review was BAD, trust me. And their response was: For questions and concerns please visit our FAQ page. How is that going to help me?

Are you happy with the clinics you've spoken to so far? Have you observed professional manner?