Introducing myself..

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 skylarg

skylarg
  • 26 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 25 December 2020 - 08:14 AM

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas. For the past couple of days I've been reading posts about the struggles we all go through... I'm hoping 2021 will be the year I create my own family. After searching with doctors for so long, I think I'm going to try IVF. I'm looking into certain clinics. Your input helps for sure! 

#2 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 10:51 PM

Welcome and I hope you can finally find your answer to your problem. ♥

#3 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 06:53 AM

Hi there! Good luck with your search. I'm on a similar boat. I've just now admitted to myself that maybe a fertility clinic will give me some answers. Would love to hear your feedback on the clinics. Are you looking within Europe?

#4 skylarg

skylarg
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:57 AM

Thank you for welcoming me into the group! I've spent the past 10 days or so, researching my butt off trying to find the best clinic for myself. Although I understand things are circumstantial and everybody has a different experience I've pieced together some information that I thought I'd share. 

I spoke to a clinic in Belgium at first since I live here, I figured what better way than right here? My main concern is that there is a long waiting list. I consider myself a patient person but this past year has taught me that life is entirely unpredictable and we need to push ourselves to make things happen for us! yahoo.gif

I looked at a clinic in the UK which gave me so much information and will forever thank them for their time... but it is so expensive! Not to mention their COVID situation is pretty bad so they weren't able to give me a time frame of when we could schedule the procedure. And I understand that it can't be a cheap process but since there are more affordable options I decided to keep looking. 

I think I found my clinic.. I hope I found my clinic. After spending hours on their website researching everything about them and talking with a dr there I was happy with everything I heard. It is in Cyprus, which means I'll travel but overall it is the most affordable option for me. And not to mention 0 waiting list. Of course they have some Covid restrictions too but I see myself visiting the Dunya ivf clinic soon!

I'll keep you all posted!xxx

#5 dutchessmom

dutchessmom
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:42 PM

Thanks for the update! I hadn't even considered the waiting list as an issue. I guess in my head, I would just call and they would see me right away! (silly me) 

I haven't even looked into the U.K since their covid situation is quite dramatic. Not to say it's the people's fault, but still. How safe is it to travel right now? 

Any chance you can share some more info on the clinic in Cyprus? Dunya? 

I visited Cyprus years and years ago and I had a great time! Perhaps I can visit again and combine it with a beautiful baby. 

#6 Thehappyvet

Thehappyvet
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 14 January 2021 - 10:33 AM

UK person here!

Yes it is dreadful with the waiting lines, I'm sorry to say. I mean the standards are excellent but especially now with Covid the NHS is suffering. I am even eligible for an NHS treatment which would make the whole procedure far more affordable, but still the waiting line reaches 2 years and I am 39 already. I used to mock people that said the clock is ticking but with every period this is exactly how I feel.

@Skylarg I was also considering Dunya actually along with two other clinics, one in Spain and one in Greece. Share some details when you make an appointment!

#7 skylarg

skylarg
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 11:09 AM

@thehappyvet

For now, the dunya team is kind enough to answer all questions via email and phone. hoping that soon enough I'll be able to fly out and get this baby started! (literally) lol. 

Unfortunately the UK is off my list 100%. I'm so disappointed in the government and how they handled the situation too. 

#8 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 221 posts
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:57 AM

UK person here!

Yes it is dreadful with the waiting lines, I'm sorry to say. I mean the standards are excellent but especially now with Covid the NHS is suffering. I am even eligible for an NHS treatment which would make the whole procedure far more affordable, but still the waiting line reaches 2 years and I am 39 already. I used to mock people that said the clock is ticking but with every period this is exactly how I feel.

@Skylarg I was also considering Dunya actually along with two other clinics, one in Spain and one in Greece. Share some details when you make an appointment!

Good luck with your clinics! I had 1st time success with my clinic in Gdansk Poland, and agree their treatment is very affordable

• Thehappyvet likes this

#9 Thehappyvet

Thehappyvet
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 02:26 PM

Thank you @happyfrog ! It's, kind of, comforting to know that there are others who sought IVF treatment abroad Emoticons09780.gif  (Poland, what a beautiful country!)