5 replies to this topic

#1 katierose

katierose
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Fertility center of Carolinas

Posted 21 December 2020 - 04:58 PM

Hello, we have one normal PGS embryo from two cycles. We wanted to do an ERA test, but despite my estrogen level getting to 2500, my lining only got to 4.6. During both Gonal F/ Menopur stimulations for egg retrieval my lining got above 8mm.

Mentioned to my doc about doing a Gonal- F / HCG protocol even though I dont know much about it. They said they wouldnt be able to do an ERA with that type of protocol. What different types of medicated protocols are there for FET? Just trying to understand what our options would be.

Thanks!

#2 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 22 December 2020 - 10:15 AM

I have also had issues with lining and having an allergic reaction to certain meds. I ended up doing an Estradiol Valerate injection every three days and Estradot patches (changed every second day). I also added Vitamin E, drank red leaf raspberry tea (wo cups a day), drank POM juice (once a day) and took a baby aspirin every day. I hope you can find a protocol that fits you! Good luck!!

• katierose likes this

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

Nov 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

#3 katierose

katierose
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Fertility center of Carolinas

Posted 22 December 2020 - 09:30 PM

Thank you for the info. Yes I feel like I was having an allergic reaction to the estradiol pills, my tongue and mouth felt really swollen, and I was gritting me teeth, feeling really on edge:/

Good to know theres an estradiol injection as well as the patches. Not sure if that would give me the same reaction or not. Maybe not.

They did cancel my ERA and Im back on birth control for a month until I can settle back down. We will discuss more when I go back.

Yes I gotta get some POM and red raspberry tea for sure!!!
  • Carter81 likes this

#4 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 204 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:56 AM

For me, I was itchy...hands and arms would get hives and itch really bad. I didn't have any other symptoms but it made them nervous. I didn't have any reaction at all with the injection. The only downside to the injection is that the medication has to be compounded at a compounding pharmacy. And on top of that, the ingredients are a little scarce right now so I had to order it and have it shipped!

Hope you are able to find a protocol that works for you!! Good luck!

• JoHealth7788 likes this

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

Nov 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

#5 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • 50 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 December 2020 - 01:08 AM

I have also had issues with lining and having an allergic reaction to certain meds. I ended up doing an Estradiol Valerate injection every three days and Estradot patches (changed every second day). I also added Vitamin E, drank red leaf raspberry tea (wo cups a day), drank POM juice (once a day) and took a baby aspirin every day. I hope you can find a protocol that fits you! Good luck!!

Yes I love vitamin E too.

#6 JoHealth7788

JoHealth7788
  • Just Hatched
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 06 January 2021 - 06:49 AM

For me, I was itchy...hands and arms would get hives and itch really bad. I didn't have any other symptoms but it made them nervous. I didn't have any reaction at all with the injection. The only downside to the injection is that the medication has to be compounded at a compounding pharmacy. And on top of that, the ingredients are a little scarce right now so I had to order it and have it shipped!

Hope you are able to find a protocol that works for you!! Good luck!

Not for me, but I have a friend that does this too and it works.