• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 100 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:50 AM

I never felt more isolated than when I talked to other women about trying to have a baby. How do you even cope with your anxiety amidst fertility?

#2 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 02:55 AM

Anyone who has dealt with tgis kind of situation. How do you even cope with your anxiety amidst fertility?

#3 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 230 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 23 December 2020 - 10:05 AM

Hi Jerbitts. I'm so sorry you are struggling...this journey is so hard. For me, I have been very open with my family and friends about our fertility struggles. For the most part, everyone is very kind about how they go about announcements and keeping the pregnancy/parenting talk to a minimum when we are around. Of course there are always a few who seem to have no empathy for what we are dealing with. I have found that therapy is amazing...I have gone on my own and gone with my husband for couples sessions (hubby has also done some on his own). The main thing I have come out with is that you just have to give yourself the time and allowance to feel sad and low about it. Holding it in and trying to make it seem like I am fine is never good for me. I never let myself go to anything (shower, party, etc) if I am feeling even the slightest bit uneasy about it. I also try to steer away from social media...I'm guaranteed to feel horrible after seeing all the pictures of everyone's families. 

Be kind to yourself, especially over the holidays heart.gif  

TTC since 2012

Me: 40 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

Nov 2020   DE IVF (FET) - BFN

#4 Alpha80

Alpha80
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Cancer

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:46 AM

Carter 81 is correct, especially in staying away from social media. Sometimes that is where your loneliness and anxiety starts. I hope you will feel soon. 

#5 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 December 2020 - 01:07 AM

I actually tried filtering some content that I think are toxic. It is somewhat pretty helpful, I am planning to delete it entirely soon. 

#6 Alpha80

Alpha80
  • 13 posts
  • Dx:Cancer

Posted 31 December 2020 - 05:30 AM

From my experience I rounded up the latest research on stress and fertility. If you, like me, live with anxiety, you know that it can be frustrating when even the most well person for the first time, coping with fertility problems like secondary infertility in their stress levels found no differences in conception rates among those others.

#7 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 03:53 AM

Wow that would be great if I get some article about how to manage. 

#8 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:58 AM

I identified some of my triggers and it seemed to do the trick. Knowing more things to do would be great.