Cant Get IVF until weve tried ourselves 6times?? - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cant Get IVF until weve tried ourselves 6times??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SianKim90

SianKim90
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:04 PM

Me and my partner wanted to apply for IVF but our doctor said its a new law where we have to have tried ourselves 6 times? I heard it was twice but he was sure it was 6. He then decided to refer us on to 'see what happens' we put in our request and we recieved the news we had not been successful. We both work full time but minumum wage and to save up for 6 lots is pretty pricey. Yes definitely worth it for the end result but i feel its unfair?
Any help or anything at all would be grateful as i feel proper down in the dumps because of it and i cant shake it...
My Fiancé is 34 and im 30. We plan to have 2 children and carry one each,probably 3year apart and she would carry first.

X

#2 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 177 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:13 PM

Hey Sian, where do you live (province)? That would help understand what is going on in your situation as everywhere has a different standard. Also, when you say "try 6 times" do they mean IVF or IUI? Are you seeing a fertility doctor or regular OBGYN? 

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif

#3 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 101 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:39 PM

what do you mean 6 times?