• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#101 QueenJac

QueenJac
  • 26 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:47 PM

Welcome QueenJac, I have the same issue low AMH and poor responder and MFI added to the mix. I'm so sorry your first cycle didn't work out. Hopefully the increase in menopur will help you produce more follicles and the double trigger helps with maturity. I totally get being nervous especially considering all the factors but try to keep as positive as possible. It only takes one, and I truly hope this is your cycle!

Thank you for the positive well wishes. We are also dealing with MFI, my husband has a very low count and poor motility. Which is why we are doing ICSI. It has been a very long journey for us. We were diagnosed with infertility in August 2014 after trying for 5 years to get pregnant. This is now the 12th year of struggling to conceive. I do consider us to be very fortunate however, we do have an almost 2 and a half year old son, who was somehow, by miracle conceived naturally in the very last attempt before IVF. He was conceived in February 2018, and we were scheduled to start IVF when cycle day 1 started in early March of 2018. To our surprise day 1 never came, but my son did lol. He is my fighter, and my world.
TTC #1 since 2006
Me (31). Fiancé (39). Never been pregnant!
Misdiagnosed in 2014 with right tube blockage
As of 2017 everything with me is fine and both tubes are open
Fiancé has mild MFI

#102 nahte22

nahte22
  • 39 posts
  • My Clinic:Columbia University Fertility Center

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:34 PM

Welcome QueenJac, I have the same issue low AMH and poor responder and MFI added to the mix. I'm so sorry your first cycle didn't work out. Hopefully the increase in menopur will help you produce more follicles and the double trigger helps with maturity. I totally get being nervous especially considering all the factors but try to keep as positive as possible. It only takes one, and I truly hope this is your cycle!

Thank you for the positive well wishes. We are also dealing with MFI, my husband has a very low count and poor motility. Which is why we are doing ICSI. It has been a very long journey for us. We were diagnosed with infertility in August 2014 after trying for 5 years to get pregnant. This is now the 12th year of struggling to conceive. I do consider us to be very fortunate however, we do have an almost 2 and a half year old son, who was somehow, by miracle conceived naturally in the very last attempt before IVF. He was conceived in February 2018, and we were scheduled to start IVF when cycle day 1 started in early March of 2018. To our surprise day 1 never came, but my son did lol. He is my fighter, and my world.

How amazing. We too have a 7 year old miracle conceived after DH used clomid for 3 months, but that hasn't work for us in subsequent years. I'm so happy that we were both given this chance to become mothers even in the middle of having so many factors against us. So it can be done! 

#103 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 271 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Ottawa fertility clinic

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:20 AM

Welcome QueenJac 🙂
Sorry to hear about your 1st cycle, fingers crossed for round 2. I was also on max stims hopefully you can get some more follicles this time around

Nahte22 sorry for the delay for your results that would be nice if you ended up getting it early

#104 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:11 AM

Decided to take a test this am, 6 days past and it was stark white. Ive had period cramps since my transfer so Im assuming the drugs are just masking the actual bleeding

#105 nahte22

nahte22
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 February 2021 - 05:46 PM

MrsCann, so sorry to hear, but you aren't out yet. There is still quite a few days before your beta and that could change. Maybe try again on Wednesday. I'm praying you just had a later than expected implantation and you still get your BFP.

#106 QueenJac

QueenJac
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 February 2021 - 07:01 PM

Hi ladies! I have retrieval on Friday morning. I have 3 "ripe" follicles and 3 close behind. Hopefully my dual trigger tonight helps them mature and I get at least 5 eggs. I'm so nervous to hear the number of eggs they retrieve.
  • MrsCann likes this
TTC #1 since 2006
Fiancé has mild MFI

#107 nahte22

nahte22
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 10:48 AM

MrsCann I hope things worked out for you. Did you test again or are you waiting for your beta?

QueenJac praying you get all six! You are that much closer to completing this process.

AFM my one follicle came back normal, thank God for that. I'm waiting on insurance authorization and hope to transfer in sometime in the next month.

• MrsCann likes this

#108 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 08:21 PM

Queen thinking of you with your retrieval tomorrow fingers crossed you get nice plumped follicles 🙂

Nahte great news!!

Still havent tested since, I may on Saturday. Tomorrow is my sons 1st Birthday so I want to focus on him for that very grateful to be blessed with 1 ♥

#109 QueenJac

QueenJac
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 02:08 PM

Just getting home from my egg retrieval. Unfortunately they were only able to collect 2 eggs. This is extremely frustrating. I have now been told that I have Empty Follicle Syndrome. Another hurdle to add to the list. After 2 full IVF cycles, I have only yielded 3 eggs. I am feeling discouraged, and to the point I should just accept this and count my blessings. I have a little boy, I just really want to give him a sibling.
TTC #1 since 2006
Fiancé has mild MFI

#110 nahte22

nahte22
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 04:15 PM

MrsCann happy birthday to your son! I hope you guys get to have a wonderful celebration. Fingers crossed for your BFP.

QueenJac, I know that is hard. I'm praying that your 2 eggs yield healthy normal embryos. Hang in there.

• MrsCann likes this

#111 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 10:25 AM

Queen thinking of you!!

I took another test this am and I believe I am done as it was negative. Im thankful to have one beautiful boy out of this crazy Journey. Thinking of everyone in the future ♥

#112 SD11

SD11
  • Global 100+
  • 199 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 06 February 2021 - 05:32 PM

MrsCann - so sorry for your disappointing news!
  • MrsCann likes this
April 2017 - IVF #1 - 2 embryos
June 2017 FET #1 - BFN
Sept 2017 FET #2 - BFP!
Sept 2019 - IVF #2 - 2 embryos
Sept 2019 - FET #3 - BFN
Aug 2020 - FET #4 - BFN
Oct 2020 - IVF #3 - 4 embryos
Dec 2020 - FET #5 - BFN
March 2021 - FET #6 - BFP!

#113 nahte22

nahte22
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 04:32 PM

MrsCann I am so sorry to hear this. It is a super hard thing to deal with and I pray for peace in your heart. My thoughts are with you.

• MrsCann likes this

#114 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 08:52 PM

Thank you everyone ♥♥ Im a tad sad it didnt work but Im grateful that we have one babe from my fresh transfer

#115 QueenJac

QueenJac
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 February 2021 - 03:56 PM

MrsCann, I'm so sorry. It is such a difficult journey. I wish it wasn't so hard for us to build a family. It seems so easy for everyone around us.

AFM, only 1 of my 2 eggs was mature. I transferred this morning my only embryo... Again.
It was, in the doctors words "the best quality it could possibly be" (8G 1/2, I have no idea what that means, I thought embryos were graded ABC)
That's the same quality my 3dt was in November, and it didn't stick. I will try my best to remain positive.
TTC #1 since 2006
Fiancé has mild MFI

#116 nahte22

nahte22
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 10:29 AM

QueenJac I truly hope this embryo sticks. I haven't head of that grading before, but I think it is positive that the RE thinks it was the best quality. I hope your 2ww goes by quickly and that your get your BFP. Will you test before or wait for your beta?

#117 QueenJac

QueenJac
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 01:00 PM

I hate taking hpt's. I used to test ALOT in my early/mid 20's, when I thought it was just a matter of time before I see that double line. It was heartbreak after heartbreak to see stark white tests. Everytime I saw a BFN, a little piece of me died. My cycle in November of last year I waited until my beta because I enjoyed holding onto that hope, in my case "ignorance is bliss" truly applies. However after I received that phone call from the nurse to tell me that my beta was negative, I did wish I tested on my own that morning so that the call wasn't as hard to hear.
When I found out in February 2018 that I was pregnant with my son, I was more than a week late and very hesitant to test at home because I certainly didn't expect to see a BFP! I just assumed it was a cruel joke that the universe was playing on me considering it was the only cycle I have ever hoped my period would come lol. I was waiting for cycle day 1 to arrive because we were about to start IVF.

As for the grading of my embryo, I found a grading chart attached to my paperwork from my clinic.
It shows that a grade:
8G1 = 8 cells with <5% fragmentation.
Mine is graded:
8G 1/2 which I assume means <2.5% fragmentation.
I seem to have very good quality embryos, just not enough of them.
TTC #1 since 2006
Fiancé has mild MFI

#118 nahte22

nahte22
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 11:14 AM

QueenJac I totally get it. Those negatives are so hard to see, gut wrenching, heartbreaking...just the worst. I'm glad your embryo is a good one. Again, I pray it sticks.