78 replies to this topic

#26 nahte22

nahte22
  • 20 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Columbia University Fertility Center

Posted 14 December 2020 - 07:24 PM

HI Everyone

I'm hoping to start my 3rd round of ivf at the end of this month/or early next month. (first 2 were back in 2012/cycle #1 ended in miscarriage and cycle #2 I had no viable embryos). Male factor and I'm a poor responder so I'm very nervous and anxious, I'll be doing clomid + injections to hopefully boost the number of eggs I'm able to produce. My clinic wants to delay my cycle with birth control then start me on or after January 1st. AF is due on 12/30 so not much of a wait there. RE recommended a freeze all so I'll likely do PGD then do a FET in February. Baby dust to you all.

• MrsCann likes this

#27 Muha

Muha
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 14 December 2020 - 07:38 PM

Hello! Sorry to hear about your past experiences but Im sure this one is the CHARM! What do you think about acupuncture? I dont know much about it but I do hear that its supposed to help improve quality of eggs.. I am also starting on birth control pills then injections. My clinic only does freeze all so Ill be transferring in FEB along with you. AF should be here between the 25th and 28th for me so well be on a close track. Do you have any other children? Also, did you start to order your medications? Ive started and I got a call today that my Gonal-F 900 is 2,000 alone.. ugh my clinic said that I may not need all of it which means the rest is trash?!? Goina look more into it tomorrow.

#28 nahte22

nahte22
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 07:53 PM

I have a 6yr old boy (DH took 25mg clomid for 3 months but that hasn't worked for us in the last 2 years). I tried acupuncture on my first 2 cycles but those didn't end well so I won't be using it this time around. I can't order my meds yet until my clinic gets clearance from my insurance company. They think it should be all settled next week. The pharmacy I used last time overnights them so I'm hoping  to get them in time. My insurance give $30k for the procedures and $30k for meds so they should be covered and I may get 2 cycles. I'm hoping this cycle is definitely a CHARM!! I'm glad to have a cycle buddy that's this close to my own cycle. 

#29 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 260 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Ottawa fertility clinic

Posted 16 December 2020 - 10:47 AM

Welcome Nahte22 🙂 great news that insurance covers a huge chunk! My first round of ivf I did a birth control start then injections. My second round I did lupron injections then stims which resulted in better quality for me. I was on the highest doses for everything as well and only got 6 follicles each time.

#30 nahte22

nahte22
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 03:29 PM

Welcome Nahte22 great news that insurance covers a huge chunk! My first round of ivf I did a birth control start then injections. My second round I did lupron injections then stims which resulted in better quality for me. I was on the highest doses for everything as well and only got 6 follicles each time.

Thanks! I can't remember how many I had the first time around, but the second I believe it was 5. I know it only takes one so I'm trying to remain positive. I've been obsessing a little lately, but I'm trying to find things to do to take my mind off the wait.

• MrsCann likes this

#31 Muha

Muha
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:15 PM

Nahte22-

Obsessing wouldnt even be the right word for me! Haha Im googling everything all day all night its sooo draining. Last night I decided to take a breather and try to not think about it because its making me too anxious lol. Are you on Instagram? There is a big Infertility/IVF community on there. Also, you could try listening to podcast too.. I picked up a couple extra hours at work so that I could be busy and not sitting around looking up things all day lol. I work at a hospital and with COVID going on I am EXTREMELY nervous..

#32 nahte22

nahte22
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:35 PM

Nahte22-

Obsessing wouldnt even be the right word for me! Haha Im googling everything all day all night its sooo draining. Last night I decided to take a breather and try to not think about it because its making me too anxious lol. Are you on Instagram? There is a big Infertility/IVF community on there. Also, you could try listening to podcast too.. I picked up a couple extra hours at work so that I could be busy and not sitting around looking up things all day lol. I work at a hospital and with COVID going on I am EXTREMELY nervous..

Ha! So am I. I'm not on Instagram but I hadn't thought of podcasts before. Work isn't helping me these days as I'm working from home so as soon as I get a minute I'm back to google. I've downloaded some books to read and have some audio books as well so hopefully those with the podcasts with get me through until Christmas. 

#33 Muha

Muha
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 06:36 AM

Hello everyone! I hope you are all staying safe❤️ Have a blessed day!

#34 Muha

Muha
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 06:36 AM

• MrsCann likes this

#35 nahte22

nahte22
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 December 2020 - 08:53 PM

Right back at you! Ladies enjoy your holidays if we don't touch base over the next few days!

• MrsCann likes this

#36 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 05:33 AM

Everyone have a great holiday!! Im hoping the clinics dont shut down with the lockdown happening!!
  • returnable likes this

#37 Muha

Muha
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 06:26 AM

Hello! Same to you ❤️

That would be terrible, have they started to give out the Vaccine in the UK?

#38 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:07 PM

Im not sure. I am in Ontario

#39 SD11

SD11
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 24 December 2020 - 11:14 PM

My transfer is scheduled for Dec 31 so I figured I should join this group since the Dec group kind of fell flat! Im taking my trigger shot tomorrow and start endometrium on the 27th. Im not on any other meds.
  • MrsCann likes this
April 2017 - IVF #1 - 2 frozen
June 2017 FET #1 - BFN
Sept 2017 FET #2 - BFP!
Sept 2019 - IVF #2 - 2 embryos; transferred 1 fresh and left 1 frozen
Sept 2019 - BFN
Aug 2020 - FET #4 - BFN
Dec 2020 - FET #5 - BFN

#40 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 06:19 PM

Welcome Newtothis11 🙂 great news for hardly any medication! I didnt mind the endometrin some people complain of the amount of discharge from it but for me it wasnt too bad. I hope your transfer goes well on the 31st.
I should be getting my period the first week of January so Im excited to call that in and prep for my FET

#41 nahte22

nahte22
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 06:02 PM

HI Newtothis11. Soooo exciting that your transfer is coming up soon. Sticky embryo(s) to you! Can you share more details of what your protocol is? I don't have my FET until February but I'd like to get an idea of what happens. 

I ordered my stim meds and they should arrive on Tuesday, AF is due on Wednesday so I'm cutting it quite close. I've been cramping on and off today so I'm hoping they come in time. I also go approval from my insurance to cover my retrieval cycle along with PGS! I'm super excited about not having to pay for PGS my clinic charges $2,500 for the biopsy and the lab charges $200 per embryo so that is a huge financial relief!

#42 SD11

SD11
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 07:10 PM

Nahte22- wow! Thats amazing that you got coverage for your cycle! May I ask where you live? Im in Ontario and I dont think anyone gets anything covered (besides meds) for IVF.

Im doing what I believe is considered a natural FET. I did take the trigger shot (Ovidrel) since they didnt want me to naturally ovulate a day later which would push my transfer to Jan 1. the clinic is closed that day so my transfer would have been cancelled. So In terms of my protocol Im only on one medication (endometrium). As MrsCann said it can be a nuisance for some people because of the amount of discharge. It is a bit for me and having to take a pill 3x per day I always have to make sure I have one with me in my purse when Im out otherwise it gets missed.

To share some of my back story, this is my third round of IVF. My first round I got 2 embryos, 1 resulted in my son. My 2nd round I got 2 embryos and theydidnt result in a pregnancy and Ive just completed my 3rd round and got 4 embryos. This is my first transfer from the 4 embryos that I got. Im really hoping for some siblings for my son! My infertility is deemed as unexplained.
  • MrsCann likes this
June 2017 FET #1 - BFN
Sept 2017 FET #2 - BFP!
Sept 2019 - BFN
Aug 2020 - FET #4 - BFN
Dec 2020 - FET #5 - BFN

#43 Muha

Muha
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 01:08 AM

Newtothis11- Hello!
I am so very excited for you!

nahte22-
Wow, that is a great financial relief. That is a great Christmas gift for you and your partner lol. Are you in the US? Initially my insurance said that they covered 100% of my cycle and meds. It as the bills started to come in that havent. Theyve deemed any self injections not covered under medicinal benefit. 😒

AFM- AF came on Dec.24th
I had an ultrasound and found that I have a total 51 follicles between both ovaries (I am very young). Ive started birth control which I will take for 10 day. I will then start my stim meds on January 8th.
  • MrsCann likes this

#44 nahte22

nahte22
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 07:07 PM

I live in NY and my insurance covers 30K in procedures and 30k in meds. My meds this cycle were just over 15k so I'm thinking that I'll get 2 cycles out of this one. I read that New York law mandates 3 cycles worth of coverage but I'll look more into that if I need. 

Newtothis11 I think its awesome that you got 4 embryos, that is a good number. Thank you for sharing your experience and protocol. I've never done a FET and there are so many different things that it helps to see what other are doing.

Muha what a great number of follicles. I'm glad your cycle has started! It is so good to see things finally happening, I'm excited for things to begin. I think I'll be taking birth control for about a week maybe 2 before I start my stim meds as well. I'll be speaking with my nurse either tomorrow or Wednesday hopefully and will get things sorted out. Are you able to appeal your insurance company for coverage on the meds?

#45 SD11

SD11
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 11:07 PM

The 2ww begins for me today! Transferred a 4ab
  • Daisy.Eriksen likes this
June 2017 FET #1 - BFN
Sept 2017 FET #2 - BFP!
Sept 2019 - BFN
Aug 2020 - FET #4 - BFN
Dec 2020 - FET #5 - BFN

#46 Muha

Muha
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 10:01 AM

Newtothis11- Im so happy for you!!! Congratulationssss!!

#47 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 260 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 07:34 PM

Newtothis11 awesome news!! Hopefully the 2 weeks fly by. My af should be coming in the next few days excited to get this FET going

#48 nahte22

nahte22
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:04 PM

Awesome Newtothis11!! When will you have your beta?

AF started for me. Due to the holiday, I go in on Monday for my baseline appointment and will hopefully start my stims.

#49 SD11

SD11
  • Global 100+
  • 159 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:21 PM

MrsCann - what is your protocol? How many FETs have you done, if any?

Nahte22 - my beta is the 12th. Ill be doing a HPT before then though, probably try on 7dpt, but might try to hold out until 9dpt.
June 2017 FET #1 - BFN
Sept 2017 FET #2 - BFP!
Sept 2019 - BFN
Aug 2020 - FET #4 - BFN
Dec 2020 - FET #5 - BFN

#50 nahte22

nahte22
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 09:32 PM

Newtothis11 -I find it so hard not to test before hand. I truly hope you have sticky embabies. 

I had my first scan today. 6 follicles on my left ovary. they couldn't really see my right side but thought there was on visible follicle. I started stims tonight and will go back on Friday to see how I'm doing. I am super stoked to finally get started. I was told DH may not be able to come for retrieval day due to COVID. They'd like me to collect at home and then bring the sample with me if I can make it within the hour. So we will see how that goes. They also mentioned picking up a COVID kit when i go back. Has anyone had to do a test?