19 replies to this topic

#1 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Ottawa fertility clinic

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:35 AM

Hi everyone I will be starting my first FET in January. Is there anyone joining me?

I have done 2 rounds of IVF first one I had a fresh transfer resulted in a missed miscarriage at 8w in 2018. Second IVF was successful with a fresh transfer currently have a 9 month old and one frozen that we are transferring in January 🙂

My protocol will be Estrace 2mg x3 daily and then will add in PIO

#2 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:03 PM

Anyone joining me for January lol

#3 Muha

Muha
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:30 AM

Hello!
I am starting my cycle January as well! It is my first time so I will have to go through the whole process of the Stims and EC .. then hopefully transfer Feb!
  • MrsCann likes this

#4 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3291 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:51 AM

Maybe...depends on when AF comes for me which has not been so consistent these past few months. I just came off a cancelled cycle but have a new plan going forward. I was told I can call in to start a cycle any time after December 12th.

• MrsCann likes this

#5 hockeynet

hockeynet
  • Global 100+
  • 111 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:One Fertility

Posted 26 November 2020 - 07:53 PM

Maybe me too. Waiting for the ok from my clinic for my final FET. Complications from my transfer in August are delaying this one. Ill hopefully know by the end of Dec.
  • MrsCann likes this

More about me in profile

#6 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 07:01 PM

Welcome everyone!!
Returnable-Ive seen some of your other posts as well. Fingers crossed the next cycle will be a go :)
Hockeynet sorry to hear about your transfer in August I hope your final FET goes well
Muha- if you have any questions about your first IVF feel free to ask it can be overwhelming sometimes

This is my first and only frozen transfer. The only thing that has me nervous is the PiO Ive never done that before Ive always used endometrin in the past and Ive heard horror stories about it lol
  • returnable likes this

#7 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3291 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 08:32 PM

MrsCann - this will be my last transfer (if I can go forward with it). The PIO is really not that bad. The first shot was the hardest, though my DH does all of them. Any chance you can get your partner to help? I found being absolutely relaxed, partner with steady hands that does an injection without hesitation and with as little movement as possible, and then heating after to be the best. Of all the ones I got (over 60 I think) I only had discomfort a couple of times. 

#8 Muha

Muha
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 11:47 PM

I am extremely nervous and just ready it get things going. Ive been a nervous wreck! For some reason my clinic only does freeze all.. meaning I go through the stims EC following that then have to freeze all for a month then transfer... Idk kind of annoying. Im up googling stuff all day and night I need to find a hobby or something to relax me lol.

#9 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3291 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 11:13 AM

I am extremely nervous and just ready it get things going. Ive been a nervous wreck! For some reason my clinic only does freeze all.. meaning I go through the stims EC following that then have to freeze all for a month then transfer... Idk kind of annoying. Im up googling stuff all day and night I need to find a hobby or something to relax me lol.

Muha the freeze all is very common in clinics, and especially now during Covid, it makes it easier for clinics to plan how many and when people go through to manage the process. It also gives your body time to recover from the retrieval portion and makes your body better ready to receive any embryo. I think at our clinic they generally have better success with FET than fresh transfers after IVF. Most of the time they go to fresh transfer when the embryo quality is not the greatest.

It is a process, but hang in there. I was so anxious about timing when we started with this journey and realized over the years that one or two months really isn't a big deal.

#10 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 01:59 PM

Thats good to hear!! My DH said he would do it but hes a nervous wreck about it lol he couldnt watch me when I did all my stims before. I do however work in a Nursing home so my close friend is a RN she said she would come over and do it for me if my husband couldnt, my mat leave is over in February so anytime after that we work the same rotation it would be easy for her. I will have my heating bag ready thanks for the tip.

Muha- I felt the same way the first time but I found looking at posts on here and asking questions made it not so overwhelming and my RE was amazing too

MrsCann - this will be my last transfer (if I can go forward with it). The PIO is really not that bad. The first shot was the hardest, though my DH does all of them. Any chance you can get your partner to help? I found being absolutely relaxed, partner with steady hands that does an injection without hesitation and with as little movement as possible, and then heating after to be the best. Of all the ones I got (over 60 I think) I only had discomfort a couple of times. 

#11 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:01 PM

Also my periods have been anywhere from 18-27 day cycles which is a pain in the butt as well so Im hoping the next couple stay somewhat normal. The nurse said if its off by a few days these next 2 months to call but I told her well thats kind of hard when they are so random now
  • Muha likes this

#12 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3291 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:53 PM

MrsCann the PIO shot is in the mornings to time for the right window, and it's supposed to be pretty on time every day. My DH had zero problems doing my IVF shots...this one was nerve racking even for him. His hesitation with the first one was the most stressful thing out of the entire PIO experience. One of the best videos he liked was from the Sher Fertility clinic:  In this video the lady setting up for the injection is standing, but I always got mine lying on my stomach with my tip toes touching (this makes the most relaxed gluteus maximus). Most of the times I wouldn't even feel the needle going in, and DH had the worst of the experience having to do the injection.

If you've never come across their videos, this one on optimizing embryo transfer and the two week wait is awesome: 

• MrsCann likes this

#13 Muha

Muha
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:20 PM

Muha the freeze all is very common in clinics, and especially now during Covid, it makes it easier for clinics to plan how many and when people go through to manage the process. It also gives your body time to recover from the retrieval portion and makes your body better ready to receive any embryo. I think at our clinic they generally have better success with FET than fresh transfers after IVF. Most of the time they go to fresh transfer when the embryo quality is not the greatest.

It is a process, but hang in there. I was so anxious about timing when we started with this journey and realized over the years that one or two months really isn't a big deal.

#14 Muha

Muha
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:26 PM

Return-
Yes that makes sense! Also like
You said another month or so isnt the end of the world. Also my cycle as well is meds are completely covered by my insurance 😢❤ I really can not complain! I find talking to people about it helps me. My husband and I are kind of keeping it just between us none of our family are aware. We suffer from male factor infertility. My husbands last SA was 5 million which is terrible.. just taking it one day at a time.
  • MrsCann likes this

#15 Muha

Muha
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:30 PM

Mrs.Cann-

Ugh I know that has to be totally nerve wrecking to be so in the unknown. Ill say a prayer for you tonight!
  • MrsCann likes this

#16 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3291 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:53 PM

Return-
Yes that makes sense! Also like
You said another month or so isnt the end of the world. Also my cycle as well is meds are completely covered by my insurance ❤ I really can not complain! I find talking to people about it helps me. My husband and I are kind of keeping it just between us none of our family are aware. We suffer from male factor infertility. My husbands last SA was 5 million which is terrible.. just taking it one day at a time.

We also didn't share with anyone (even until now). It just made it easier to go through the ups or downs and not have to manage other peoples' expectations to know. It also helped me compartmentalize the journey so it wouldn't be the only thing in my life. It was still very difficult, but I was able to focus on family with family and focus on work at work (mostly, or at least better than if I had told people).

Did you guys also do the DNA fragmentation test for your DH?

#17 Muha

Muha
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:02 PM

Returnable-
Is that the same thing as the Genetic testing?

#18 Muha

Muha
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:07 PM

Im also scheduled for my mock transfer and saline sonogram this upcoming Monday we will order my medication then as well. . If all goes well I will start my first shot was on the 24th. I have to use CVS Caremark mail order so Im wondering how long itll take to get the meds mailed to me. Hopefully theyre here by the 24th.
  • MrsCann likes this

#19 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3291 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:54 AM

Muha no it is not. It's a more in depth assessment of sperm quality than just a count can provide.

#20 MrsCann

MrsCann
  • Global 100+
  • 245 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:54 PM

Amazing!! Thank you. I feel the ones my clinic sent not the greatest.

We didnt do any sperm testing my husband seem to have great sperm it was me that ended up having the fertility issues

MrsCann the PIO shot is in the mornings to time for the right window, and it's supposed to be pretty on time every day. My DH had zero problems doing my IVF shots...this one was nerve racking even for him. His hesitation with the first one was the most stressful thing out of the entire PIO experience. One of the best videos he liked was from the Sher Fertility clinic: https://www.youtube....tilityInstitute In this video the lady setting up for the injection is standing, but I always got mine lying on my stomach with my tip toes touching (this makes the most relaxed gluteus maximus). Most of the times I wouldn't even feel the needle going in, and DH had the worst of the experience having to do the injection.

If you've never come across their videos, this one on optimizing embryo transfer and the two week wait is awesome: https://www.youtube....tilityInstitute