3 replies to this topic

#1 kjunderwood

kjunderwood
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Chicago IVF

Posted 01 November 2020 - 12:06 PM

Hello! My name is Kaitlin and I am new to the message boards. I'm 32 years old and I'm in the very beginning of my first ever IVF cycle. I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I do have a 5-year-old daughter with a previous partner, but I always say that the stars must've just aligned that day because I have always struggled with pregnancy before her and still do after her. As a side note: my husband has been tested and there is no MF at all. Everything with him is good.

I'm here because I have a specific question -- and I'm sorry if it seems like a silly question. As I said, I just began my IVF cycle. I took my final BCP on Sunday, Oct 25. I finally started to experience some spotting on Tuesday evening into Wednesday and Thursday. It was very light considering how AF normally is for me, but I've always been told that even spotting counts. I went for my baseline appointment on Friday, Oct 30 at 7:00AM (all levels were good), and while I was at work later that day AF became heavier and more normal for me. That evening I was supposed to begin Menopur and Follistim injections -- so I did. It is now Sunday, Nov 1st. Tonight will be my 3rd night of my injections, and AF is still going strong. Is this typical? Normal? Are women usually taking their injections while AF is visiting? Should I say something to my doctor? Thanks. This is all new to me, so I don't know what is normal and what is not normal.

#2 Cotton2

Cotton2
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 01 November 2020 - 04:19 PM

Call your clinic! It sounds like withdrawal bleeding. Don't know if it will impact egg collection but I would guess a fresh transfer is off the table. 

Did you mention the spotting on Friday? 

#3 kjunderwood

kjunderwood
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Chicago IVF

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:17 PM

When I was there on Friday morning she asked me if AF had started and I told her that it did around Tuesday evening. I dont think I used the word spotting but I did tell her that it was a lot lighter compared to what Im used to. She didnt ask questions, she just said okay and proceeded with my ultrasound. When she called me later that afternoon with my lab results she said that my hormone levels were low like they needed to be and my lining was nice and thin. Friday evening is when AF became heavier. Then it was the weekend so Im not even sure how to contact someone. So I guess Ill just ask her at my appointment tomorrow morning. I was hoping that over the weekend it would start to let up, but it doesnt seem to be. You think this will effect my IVF cycle?

#4 Cotton2

Cotton2
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 01 November 2020 - 10:38 PM

If the nurse wasn't worried you're probably ok.