4 replies to this topic

#1 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 23 October 2020 - 04:35 PM

I am on day 5 of stims of my second egg retrieval. I have a daughter and am from Ottawa but cycling in Toronto. DH is dealing with a lot of child care issues right now when Im at appointments. Our original plan was to have DD stay with my parents the night of my retrieval, but my grandfather has fallen ill and a lot of the responsibility has fallen on my parents, to make a long story short theres almost no way they can take her the night before my retrevial (its always early like 7 am.) anyways I was just wondering what other people do with kids ? When they both have to be at an appointment and dont have family help?

#2 Cotton2

Cotton2
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:17 PM

Do you need childcare or someone with you at the retrieval? If DH can stay with your eldest you can consider hiring a doula for the egg retrieval. This is the contact info for the doula who helped me with my 2nd childbirth. My DH stayed with DS, which I think was much easier for DS than a babysitter would have been because he'd never been without me overnight. 

https://ivf.ca/forum...-during-labour/

You can PM me if you'd like if you want more info on this doula. 

#3 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 101 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 25 October 2020 - 09:06 AM

Can you ask your friends to help you? Good luck with yr treatment

#4 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 25 October 2020 - 05:29 PM

Yeah I can use friends but its just that it would be overnight since we live in Ottawa. Ill likely end up doing that. Thanks for the idea about the Doula. Im not sure how I could arrange that as I believe DH has to be with me to do his part. But in theory thats a good idea for sure and something g Id definitely consider for the birth

#5 FuzzyDust

FuzzyDust
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:SRM

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:13 PM

We went to the clinic in our town, so it was easier, but my retrieval was on the weekend, so we also didn't have daycare that day.

We brought our toddler with us and talked to the clinic about the process. Usually they collect sperm at the same time as the retrieval, but in our case my husband stayed with the kid in the lobby during my part, and then once I came out and was lucid enough to take over, he went in for his part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: 37 DH: 45
I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 - 253, Beta#2 - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  heart.gif 
Sept 2020 FET#3: (one of the XX) BFP, Beta#1 - 161, Beta#2 - 519