November / December 2020 FET - Page 5 - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

November / December 2020 FET

115 replies to this topic

#101 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 438 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:02 PM

Elspeth, I’m sorry you found your cycle to be disappointing – but 4 fertilized is wonderful! Fingers crossed that these embabies keep growing strong and healthy. It’s such a stressful wait, isn’t it?

tsm, I’m glad to hear that this cycle went well! 3 blasts is great! When will you hear back about the PGT results? I hope this next cycle goes well too. Sounds like you have a good plan in place. It’s so nice to have a clinic and doctor you feel comfortable with and confident in.

Clover, it sounds like you have a good plan! Hopefully you get some answers and solutions. Do you have a long wait to see an immunologist? Like returnable and Elspeth re DNA fragmentation, my husband took some male vitamins (maybe Fertil-Pro?) and it reduced his fragmentation to a normal level. Maybe worth checking out!

Eudamonia, what a long wait you had for your results! So happy numbers came back good. Do you know when you’ll go for your first scan? Hope the appt goes well on Sat!

Carter, crossing my fingers for us both!

Returnable, how frustrating – first that they couldn’t fit you in yesterday, and the thinner lining, and now that your cycle is cancelled. It’s so disappointing to have a lining that doesn’t cooperate. I hope you don’t have a long wait to see your doctor and he can provide a plan.

BabyforQ, welcome! You’ve been through so much, I hope this will bring you success. When is your beta?

MissHelen, it’s nice to get the ERA over with, but I’m sorry it was painful. I have a weird cervix too so it can be tough to get the catheter in. You may want to tell your transferring doctor about your cervix before they do the transfer – they can usually do a mock transfer just before transferring the embryo so they can get the right pathway or the right catheter or guidewire. Exciting that you will soon be able to start up your FET!

McBealz, how did your lining check go?

Jerbitts, have you had a lining check yet or confirmation of transfer date?

Thank you, Eudamonia, Carter, returnable, Elspeth, BabyforQ, MissHelen. I’ve decided to put away my tests and wait until Saturday to test again (thanks Carter for the accountability!). I feel much more at peace today without testing and staring at the lines. It will be what it will be. smile.png

• returnable and MissHelen like this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#102 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 438 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:03 PM

Retrievals

tsm – retrieval Nov 1

QueenJac – retrieval Nov 13

Elspeth – retrieval Nov 18

tsm – retrieval in Dec

Transfers

Gaybie – transfer Nov 2; beta Nov 9 – BFP!; 7 wk u/s Dec 2

Eudamonia – transfer Nov 3; beta Nov 12 – BFP!

Daisy – transfer Nov 11; beta Nov 23

Carter – transfer Nov 11; beta Nov 23

Tammy – transfer Nov 13; beta Nov 29

BabyforQ – IUI Nov 15; beta ?

Morgy – transfer Nov 16; beta Nov 27

QueenJac – transfer Nov 16; beta Dec 1

McBealz – lining check Nov 17

Elspeth – transfer Nov 23

Jerbitts – transfer around Nov 23

MissHelen – ERA Nov 18; FET in Dec

Clover1983 – ERA in Nov/Dec

Newtothis11 – scratch in Nov; FET in Dec

Hope20 – FET in Dec

Totty1987 – FET in Dec

Returnable – needs hugs

TTC since 2013

#103 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 19 November 2020 - 11:12 PM

Hi everyone, my FET isnt until December, but Im just wondering for all those that have and will transfer this month, did you do unmediated or medicated? Has anyone had more success with one over the other?

#104 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 191 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:23 AM

Returnable - I am so, so sorry to hear that your cycle was cancelled. Nothing more frustrating than your body not doing what it is supposed to...been there. Take some time for yourself. Sending you virtual hugs heart.gif

Elspeth - happy to hear the retrieval went well and that your not too uncomfortable. Great fertilization numbers!! Hope all four grow into nice strong little embryos!

BabyforQ - welcome! Fingers crossed for your IUI cycle. Hope the tww isn't too long for you...mine seems to be dragging lol

Miss Helen - glad to hear the ERA is done and over with! Hope everything goes smoothly and lines up nicely for you Dec transfer!

Daisy - Thanks for all your wonderful encouragement...it means a lot!

AFM - my hpt date of Monday seems so far!!! I do plan on testing Saturday although I am not overly hopeful...my body is doing it usual prep for period. I have suspected endo so I get cramping up my back and down to my knees prior to my periods which has started. If it is a negative, I will not be surprised and this is why I am so thankful we decided on the Assured Refund Program. We still have 3 more tries so we will pick a new donor and chug along like we always docrsd.gif

• returnable likes this

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF - BFN

#105 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:26 AM

Newtothis - I have only ever done medicated cycles. The main reason being that I have had trouble getting my lining thick enough so the medications have assisted my getting there. I have heard that there isn't much of a difference in the success rates of medicated vs natural cycles so I think the doctor's prefer to be able to control your cycle as well. Good luck!!

TTC since 2012

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF - BFN

#106 Mcbealz

Mcbealz
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:53 AM

Returnable - Am so sorry your cycle was cancelled. 

Daisy.Eriksen and Carter81 -  Good luck on testing tomorrow, hoping you get your BFP

Newtothis11- I am doing a medicated cycle but I have no information on success rate on medicated or unmedicated cycle

My lining check for 17th was 0.9cm that’s 9mm and that was cycle day 6. I don’t know if this is normal to be this thick on cycle day 6. My RE still want it to be more thick so I go in tomorrow for another lining check. I take estradiol 2 pills a day. Can anyone tell me if my lining is normal for cycle day 6. However he thinks I would be ready sooner for my transfer. Tomorrow will decide the day of transfer. 
Also for those who have their BFP, any tips on what you did pre and post transfer like acupuncture etc? 

• returnable likes this

#107 Tammy2020

Tammy2020
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Chr in nyc

Posted 20 November 2020 - 08:02 PM

I've never stared so hard. I think I made myself see lines. I thought there was, but no. I figure I might as well stare at my own test than google what other peoples looked like to decide if it's too early to test or not. Lol. I can literally fill an hour just googling what my test "could" look like to decide if I should test. Today is 7dp3dt and it's a stark white FRER. So maddening this IVF life. Patience has never been my strength. 

Going crazy mad waiting to KNOW.

Daisy I am so happy for your beautiful faint lines. I would think faint lines are appropriate for this timeframe! Fingers crossed for you!

Carter you are so strong to have not tested yet and I send lots of baby dust your way for your test tomorrow.

Good luck and positive vibes to everyone else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011- IVF Twin Boys <3, Froze 9 Embryos

2017- Miracle Natural Boy

2020-Sept FET (from embryos in 2010) #1- 2 embryos- failed

2020- Nov 13th:  2nd FET (from embryos in 2010)- 3 good quality 8 cell day 3 embryos- praying and waiting

#108 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 438 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 08:06 AM

Tammy, I can totally relate to staring so hard at the test, trying to will the second line to appear! You are still quite early, equivalent to 5dp5dt or 10dpo, so hang in there! Patience is so hard during the TWW! (Not my strong suit, either.) I did feel a lot better putting the tests away for a few days.

Mcbealz, that is a thick lining at day 6, but I don't know whether it's normal or not, as I've never been brought in for a lining check before day 12. You might just respond very well to estrogen? Hopefully your lining check goes well today and you'll find out when your transfer will be!

Newtothis, I haven't done a fully unmedicated cycle, but I have done a modified natural protocol. I don't know if a lot of clinics are doing fully unmedicated protocols right now, at least my clinic wants to be able to have more control over procedure dates, so you might want to check with your doctor if it's an option. 

You probably know this, but just in case:

Unmedicated (natural) protocol: you'll have lots of frequent monitoring to find your LH surge and when you ovulate, and transfer will be scheduled based on your actual ovulation date. Sometimes they'll add a bit of progesterone support, but your body should be making progesterone post-ovulation. It works well for people with regular cycles, for those who need to keep estrogen low, and for those who hate PIO.

Modified natural protocol: similar to above and similar benefits in that it keeps estrogen low and usually don't need PIO. Some medications to ensure ovulation (eg letrozole for five days, or Gonal F, or both) plus sometimes a trigger (I did all three). Letrozole sometimes makes the lining too thin so that is a potential issue. Post ovulation, I was on a bit of luteal support - Crinone (instead of PIO), and HCG support (this makes your body think you're pregnant so it keeps producing its own progesterone). The HCG shots cause a lot of mind games because you will / may get a false positive if you test too soon. 

Medicated protocol: There is a long version with pretreatment like birth control and Lupron but I don't know details of that one. For the short protocol (and long, after the pre-treatment), estrogen for a few weeks until lining is thick, then progesterone before and after transfer. It is very straightforward in terms of monitoring. It's my personal favourite because I don't need to go for many appointments and I can usually guess when my transfer is going to be, and there's no mind game HCG support involved. It's a good protocol for people whose lining needs a little help or who don't ovulate regularly, and does seem to be fairly standard.

As for success on these, I had a negative with my first medicated FET, either a chemical or false positive with the modified natural FET, a chemical with the second medicated FET, and waiting for results with this current medicated FET (but it's looking positive!). All four with untested embryos made with donor eggs. 

Carter, I hope you're doing well this morning! 

TTC since 2013

#109 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 191 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:51 AM

Unfortunately it was another stark white test this morning...have to take another hpt Monday and beta on Friday but I know Im out. We will start looking into a new donor Monday.

Daisy I hope your test was nice and dark this morning!!!!
  • MissHelen likes this

TTC since 2012

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Aug 2020   DE IVF - BFN

#110 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 438 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:59 AM

Im so sorry Carter. That is so hard. I hope that you can find a new donor soon and that your doctor can come up with a plan.

Thanks! It was a definite line today. Darker than at this point in June so I feel more confident. Long way to go but I am happy.
  • returnable, Carter81, Misskika007 and 1 other like this

TTC since 2013

#111 MissHelen

MissHelen
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:37 AM

Daisy, congrats!!

Returnable, so sorry your cycle was cancelled. Hugs!

Carter, so sorry for the BFN. Hoping so hard that you’ll have a different outcome Monday. If not, sounds like you have a good plan moving forward. 

Tammy, sorry for your BFN. I can relate to staring at those tests so hard your eyes burn! 

Mcbealz, I don’t know if that’s normal for day 6 or not.. but it sounds like your doctor wasn’t concerned. Do you know when transfer will be? 

AFM, just on my last few days of estrace/progesterone. My last day will be the 25th and then I just wait for AF and we can move ahead with December transfer!! I’m getting really excited but nervous that we are getting closer to transferring!

• returnable likes this

Me: 34 DH: 34

TTC since 9/2018

Dx: MFI

10/19: First RE visit

2/20: DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles

7/20: IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN

9/20: IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal 

11/20: Mock transfer/ERA

#112 Tammy2020

Tammy2020
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Chr in nyc

Posted Yesterday, 08:05 AM

Well another bfn 10dp3dt. With my twins in 2010 I got my bfp 8dp3dt. My husband and i stayed up last night until almost 3am and I got all my crying out, I hope. I'm pretty sure this is a fail. Just all the more grateful for my luck a decade ago. My husband days he wants to do another fresh cycle, he thinks the embryos sat there too long bc this is our second failed fet with them. Anyway I know we have one more 8 cell good quality embryo and 2 not quite as good. I also have frozen eggs from a cancer scare 12 years ago that we could use but I know doing a fresh cycle would probably be worse than the frozen because I'm ten years older now, almost 40. We tried clomid and femara for years with nothing so I know that useless. It's funny we just always imagined we would have more kids bc we both always wanted big families and now that road is coming closer and closer to an end. I feel like all I've tried to do every month for the last 15 years is ttc. The number of opk and hpt almost every month, I've kept them in business, lol! Anyway although this didnt work I have never been so grateful for my 3 boys (the third a miracle out of nowhere when I wasn't even ivf or clomid 3 years ago). Heartbroken, blessed, and exhausted with ttc.
I send so much baby dust and positive vibes to all of you brave women facing these challenges everyday. Big hugs to us all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011- IVF Twin Boys <3, Froze 9 Embryos

2017- Miracle Natural Boy

2020-Sept FET (from embryos in 2010) #1- 2 embryos- failed

2020- Nov 13th:  2nd FET (from embryos in 2010)- 3 good quality 8 cell day 3 embryos- praying and waiting

#113 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 191 posts

Posted Today, 07:57 AM

Tammy - I am so sorry to hear about your bfn...I also got another bfn yesterday. I have never been pregnant yet in our 8 years of ttc. There is nothing worse than those stark white tests is there? Also, someone posted a story about a woman who transferred a 20 year old frozen embryo and was successful...embryos can last sooooo long when frozen!! Give yourself lots of time to feel all the feels right now. This process is exhausting for sure. Me and my husband are doing an "us" weekend because I will finally be allowed outside after self isolation!! Sending you all some love today. We are WARRIORS 5472.gif

TTC since 2012

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Aug 2020   DE IVF - BFN

#114 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3280 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted Today, 10:11 AM

Carter - I am so sorry about another BFN. Virtual big hug. I’m happy that you guys are doing a “we” weekend to heal. It’s so hard to choose a donor and I’m sorry you have to go through the process again.

Mcbealz – I didn’t really do anything post transfer for my BFP. Just relaxed more for a day or two and then back to work and regular life.

Tammy – I am so sorry for you BFN. Take time for yourself. The embryo should be fine and although the chance of fertilizing frozen eggs is reduced than fresh, they would be a much better batch for you to use I think than trying another IVF cycle at 40.

Daisy – any official results? Or did I miss the post?

#115 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted Today, 10:43 AM

Carter and Tammy: Im so sorry about your negatives. There really is nothing worse then seeing those start white tests.

Miss Helen: so exciting to have all the plans finally coming together. December will be here before you know it!

Daisy: cant wait to hear your official result!

AFM: 8dp5dt and its my wedding anniversary so of course I had to poas which is way earlier then I normally would. I got a very faint positive but even my husband can see it so fingers crossed that it gets darker but of course it makes me nervous.
Me: 39 Endometriosis dx Oct '14 through laparoscopy; adhesions and blocked tubes, uterine hyperplasia.
DH: 44 azoospermia = IVF with ICSI is our only option.TTC 6 years 
Feb 4, 2015: TESE with 6 straws frozen
May 2015: started stimming for first Ivf ending in a freeze all cycle due to high risk for OHSS.
Sept 2015: transferred 1 5 day blast with assisted hatching and got a BFP
May 2016: delivered our healthy baby boy.
October 2020: finally decided to try again and scheduled for FET in Nov

#116 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted Today, 10:43 AM

Carter and Tammy: Im so sorry about your negatives. There really is nothing worse then seeing those start white tests.

Miss Helen: so exciting to have all the plans finally coming together. December will be here before you know it!

Daisy: cant wait to hear your official result!

AFM: 8dp5dt and its my wedding anniversary so of course I had to poas which is way earlier then I normally would. I got a very faint positive but even my husband can see it so fingers crossed that it gets darker but of course it makes me nervous.
Me: 39 Endometriosis dx Oct '14 through laparoscopy; adhesions and blocked tubes, uterine hyperplasia.
DH: 44 azoospermia = IVF with ICSI is our only option.TTC 6 years 
Feb 4, 2015: TESE with 6 straws frozen
May 2015: started stimming for first Ivf ending in a freeze all cycle due to high risk for OHSS.
Sept 2015: transferred 1 5 day blast with assisted hatching and got a BFP
May 2016: delivered our healthy baby boy.
October 2020: finally decided to try again and scheduled for FET in Nov