November / December 2020 FET - Page 2 - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

November / December 2020 FET

115 replies to this topic

#26 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 438 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 02 November 2020 - 09:04 PM

Welcome Morgy. I'm sorry to hear about the traumatic birth experience, it sounds very scary. I hope this transfer goes well for you.

tsm, how did your wife's retrieval go yesterday? 

returnable, how is your LO 21 months already?! I'm glad to hear your little one is catching up to milestones. 

Mcbealz, glad to hear you're recovering!

Carter, I hope your protocol works well for you!

as for me, lining check was good today. I start PIO and Crinone on Friday, start prednisone on Monday and start Fragmin on Nov. 11. Have a "wave" ultrasound on Monday and transfer is scheduled for Nov. 11. So we are getting there! 

• returnable and Carter81 like this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#27 Gaybie

Gaybie
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Newlife Fertility

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:39 AM

Just had our first FET yesterday! (Nov 2nd 2020). Transferred a 3AA embryo. Now just fingers crossed!!!

• Daisy.Eriksen, Carter81 and Mcbealz like this

#28 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 191 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:45 AM

Daisy - so happy to hear that the lining check was good! I'm really hoping mine goes ok Friday and we can actually be transfer twinsies! 

Gaybie - Yay!! Very exciting! Hope your two week wait goes by quickly for you! Keep us updated. 

• Daisy.Eriksen and Gaybie like this

TTC since 2012

Me: 39 - DOR and endometriosis 

DH: 36

Jan 2015 - Oct 2016   IUI x 7 - BFN

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Jan 2018 - Mar 2018   IUI x 3 - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2019   Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund Program

July 2019   DE IVF unsuccessful (no embryos to transfer)

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF - BFN

#29 Mcbealz

Mcbealz
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 03 November 2020 - 07:48 AM

Gaybie - That’s great! I will also be transferring a 3 AA embryo and it will also be my first FET, pls keep us updated. 

What day in the cycle do you typically have a FET. I want to book my ticket because I have to travel for my transfer and I have no idea when my transfer day will be. I’m afraid my ticket might be expensive if I don’t book it now.  Any advise? 

#30 Gaybie

Gaybie
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:04 AM

Gaybie - That’s great! I will also be transferring a 3 AA embryo and it will also be my first FET, pls keep us updated. 

What day in the cycle do you typically have a FET. I want to book my ticket because I have to travel for my transfer and I have no idea when my transfer day will be. I’m afraid my ticket might be expensive if I don’t book it now.  Any advise? 

Mcbealz- It all depends on your cycle I believe. My wife has a longer than normal cycle and the FET was on day 23 of her cycle. But I really dont know if thats standard. All depends on your hormone levels.     

#31 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:46 AM

Mcbealz - it really does depend on your cycle and how long your body takes to thicken your lining. I also have to travel for my transfers and they usually have me take estrogen (patches and injections this cycle) until Day 21 of my cycle. Then, if my lining is ok they have me start PIO on Day 21 and transfer on Day 26. If my lining isn't thick enough at my ultrasound they will make come back in a week to see if it is thick enough then. I usually book my flights once I start estrogen but always book the one that allows for free changes/cancellation (Econo Flex with West Jet and Economy Comfort with Air Canada). Good luck!!!

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

TTC since 2012

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Mar 2020   DE IVF unsuccessful (transfer cancelled due to COVID-19 and no embryos to freeze)

Aug 2020   DE IVF - BFN

#32 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 10:31 AM

McBealz, just for some examples my FETs have been on cycle day 24, 24, 22 and 25.
If you are on a medicated short protocol youll likely go for a lining check after roughly 2 weeks on estrogen (which usually starts day 1-4 of your cycle depending on your clinic). If your lining isnt thick enough theyll bring you in again in a few days or a week. If your lining is ok, you will start 5 (or 6) days of progesterone before transfer. But sometimes the clinic will wait a few days to start progesterone based on their schedule. Thats why my lining check was yesterday but I dont start progesterone until Friday.
Probably the earliest a transfer could take place is day 19 or 20 but mid-20s seems to be more common. And it could be later if you need more time to thicken your lining.

This could be different if you are doing a natural cycle (then it depends on when you ovulate) or a long cycle (then you would add birth control or lupron before starting estrogen).

Youll probably be able to guess a few day window of your transfer but it is hard to know for sure.

Good luck!
  • Carter81 likes this

TTC since 2013

#33 MissHelen

MissHelen
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 03 November 2020 - 11:47 AM

Daisy, Yay sounds like things are moving along for you. Transfer is just a week away! So exciting!

Carter, GL with your lining check and hope the new protocol works

Mcbealz, Glad you are feeling better. Hope AF comes soon so you can get started

Morgy, Sorry you had a traumatic labour. Glad you are ready to move ahead and try for a sibling. GL with your lining check 

Returnable, I just started prepping for my ERA.. never had a biopsy before, so I’m a bit nervous. It sounds like you are at peace with your decision to have this be your last transfer. I’m hoping so hard this works for you though!

tsm, Hope things went well with your wife’s retrieval. Sounds like your new clinic is really good! 

Gaybie, FX for you! How did the transfer go?

AFM, I was really worried my clinic would close since COVID is getting out of control. But I’m still set to go ahead with the ERA at this point. I started taking estrace Nov 1 and have a lining check on Nov 12. As long as I get my next period before Nov 30, I should be able to go ahead with transfer in December!

• Daisy.Eriksen and Carter81 like this

Me: 34 DH: 34

TTC since 9/2018

Dx: MFI

10/19: First RE visit

2/20: DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles

7/20: IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN

9/20: IVF. 9 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 7 blasts, 4 PGT-A normal 

11/20: Mock transfer/ERA

#34 Mcbealz

Mcbealz
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:18 PM

Thanks guys for your input. I will be on a medicated cycle, I already have my estradiol and Progesterone. Also I will definitely be buying a free/cancellation ticket just in case anything changes. My RE expects I call in on cycle day 1 to start medication and go in cycle day 6 and possibly 11 depending on how my lining looks. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

• returnable, Daisy.Eriksen and Carter81 like this

#35 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3280 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 03 November 2020 - 07:36 PM

Daisy – time does fly and all the trauma from having a very preterm baby are a lot more compartmentalized and easier to deal with. I’m so happy that your lining check was okay and that you continue your path to transfer. I don’t know how you keep having the strength to keep supporting everyone else.

Gaybie – congrats on being PUPO!

Mcbealz – I think the open ticket is a really good idea. You NEVER know how things are going to go. One day at a time to lessen the stress.

MissHelen – I know about the worry about clinics closing in the middle of Covid, but they all seem to have managed really well in terms of no outbreaks that I have heard of. During the biopsy just breathe through it and it will be over in no time. I think the doctor that did mine did a 5-10 second countdown. It was not comfortable but knowing that it is over very quickly it was manageable. Our journey has been long, and I am not the youngest any more, so best to have this one be the last and know in my heart we did everything we could. I guess that is where my peace comes from.

Carter – how are you holding up? Have you guys figured out your logistics when you get to Ottawa?

• Daisy.Eriksen and MissHelen like this

#36 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:45 PM

Hi everyone!

I just finished an IVF cycle and hope to be transferring in December. Ill be doing a scratch this cycle in preparation.

#37 Gaybie

Gaybie
  • Just Hatched
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:18 AM

MissHelen - It went well, was super quick!! Still hard to believe it happened lol

Returnable - THANK YOU!! cant wait for the test :)

• Daisy.Eriksen and MissHelen like this

#38 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 08:30 AM

Returnable - it will just be me travelling as we are trying to keep costs down and flights are outrageously expensive! He isn't allowed in the clinic anyway so not much point for him to come up and sit in the hotel room. I fly in the day before the transfer and will hunker down in the hotel. I only plan to leave to get food and go to and from the clinic. I fly out the morning after the transfer so just a very short stay! Not looking forward to being in airports/flying during these times but not wanting to wait much longer for the transfer. Here's hoping our one poor quality embryo sticks crsd.gif​ How are you doing?

Newtothis11 - welcome and good luck!!

• returnable and Daisy.Eriksen like this

TTC since 2012

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Aug 2020   DE IVF - BFN

#39 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 09:28 PM

Welcome Gaybie and good luck in the TWW! When is your beta test? Will you test in advance?

MissHelen, glad you can get started with your ERA! The biopsy is uncomfortable, I'd recommend asking your clinic what pain meds, if any, you can take before hand. But as returnable says, it is over very quickly. You can do it! I hope your next day 1 cooperates so you can have a transfer in Dec!

Mcbealz, sounds like you have a good plan, I hope it all goes well!

returnable, thank you for your kind words! :) I have good days and not so good days, that's for sure. I find I do feel pretty good on estrace though. :) 

Newtothis, welcome! Hope your retrieval went well and you have good results from that. 

Carter, sounds like a plan. I have my fingers crossed so hard for your lining check and for your transfer. Ah if we could be transfer twinsies, I'd love it!! I want all the good things for you. 

• returnable, Carter81 and MissHelen like this

TTC since 2013

#40 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 438 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 09:29 PM

tsm – retrieval Nov 1

Gaybie – transfer Nov 2

Daisy – transfer Nov 11

Carter – lining check Nov 6; transfer around Nov 11

Morgy – lining check Nov 9

Returnable – lining check Nov 9

Mcbealz – waiting for day 1 (around Nov 14/15)

Jerbitts -- transfer around Nov 23

Elspeth – retrieval around Nov 19; fresh transfer around Nov 24

MissHelen – mock cycle/ERA in Nov; FET in Dec

Newtothis11 – scratch in Nov; FET in Dec

Hope20 – FET in Dec

Totty1987 – FET in Dec

TTC since 2013

#41 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 11:15 PM

I'm am also hoping to transfer around Nov 23rd. YAY and we are all excited

#42 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 04:16 PM

Lining check went well! All set to transfer on the 11th!
  • returnable, Daisy.Eriksen and MissHelen like this

TTC since 2012

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Aug 2020   DE IVF - BFN

#43 Carter81

Carter81
  • Global 100+
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:09 AM

Good luck to all the ladies with lining checks today - Daisy, Morgy and Returnable!

TTC since 2012

Feb 2017   IVF - BFN

Aug 2018   IVF - BFN

Aug 2020   DE IVF - BFN

#44 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3280 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:21 AM

Thanks gals. My lining was at 5.6 mm after 11 days of 12 mg of estrace daily. This is low, but normal for me. Here we go patience...I expect to have to add an estrace patch today.

Good luck with the other lining checks today.

• Carter81 likes this

#45 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3280 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 01:32 PM

Daisy and Carter...ready?

#46 QueenJac

QueenJac
  • 16 posts
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 09 November 2020 - 01:55 PM

Hello everyone. I hope it's ok that I join you all. I am on day 6 of stims for my first ever IVF cycle trying for baby number 2. So far things are going ok. I was suppose to start IVF in March of 2018, but my miracle boy was conceived naturally on my very last chance, after 10 years of trying for baby number 1. My next ultrasound is Wednesday morning, so far I have 4 "measurable" follicles on the left and 3 on the right, here's hoping Wednesday shows more growth. Can I ask, is it normal for Cetrotide to itch for a couple hours after injecting it? It's nearly unbearable. I look forward to reading everyone's updates over the next few weeks. Baby dust to all!
TTC #1 since 2006
Me (31). Fiancé (39). Never been pregnant!
Misdiagnosed in 2014 with right tube blockage
As of 2017 everything with me is fine and both tubes are open
Fiancé has mild MFI

#47 Morgy

Morgy
  • Global 100+
  • 150 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland

Posted 09 November 2020 - 02:47 PM

Thanks everyone. My lining was great at 10 today so transfer is a go for nov 16! Hope everyone else is doing well and staying safe out there.
  • returnable, Daisy.Eriksen and MissHelen like this
Me: 39 Endometriosis dx Oct '14 through laparoscopy; adhesions and blocked tubes, uterine hyperplasia.
DH: 44 azoospermia = IVF with ICSI is our only option.TTC 6 years 
Feb 4, 2015: TESE with 6 straws frozen
May 2015: started stimming for first Ivf ending in a freeze all cycle due to high risk for OHSS.
Sept 2015: transferred 1 5 day blast with assisted hatching and got a BFP
May 2016: delivered our healthy baby boy.
October 2020: finally decided to try again and scheduled for FET in Nov

#48 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3280 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 02:50 PM

Hello everyone. I hope it's ok that I join you all. I am on day 6 of stims for my first ever IVF cycle trying for baby number 2. So far things are going ok. I was suppose to start IVF in March of 2018, but my miracle boy was conceived naturally on my very last chance, after 10 years of trying for baby number 1. My next ultrasound is Wednesday morning, so far I have 4 "measurable" follicles on the left and 3 on the right, here's hoping Wednesday shows more growth. Can I ask, is it normal for Cetrotide to itch for a couple hours after injecting it? It's nearly unbearable. I look forward to reading everyone's updates over the next few weeks. Baby dust to all!

Good luck in your IVF! I took orgalutran, which is similar to cetrotide and it itched like a son of gun for a while. There's nothing you can really do. Maybe try cooling afterwards?

#49 Mcbealz

Mcbealz
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:10 PM

QueenJac- I took cetrotide and yes it itched a lot but I tried not to itch perhaps you try cooling just as returnable suggested. 

#50 QueenJac

QueenJac
  • 16 posts
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:17 PM

I will definitely give cooling it a try. Thank you for the suggestion 😊
TTC #1 since 2006
Me (31). Fiancé (39). Never been pregnant!
Misdiagnosed in 2014 with right tube blockage
As of 2017 everything with me is fine and both tubes are open
Fiancé has mild MFI