• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#76 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 500 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 07 May 2021 - 11:28 AM

Hello! How's everyone doing? Misskika and Tracy, you're probably getting close-ish to delivery time. I hope you're feeling good and everything goes smoothly.

Smiley, liblikas, others - how are you?

In good news, my cervix has stabilized at around 2cm. I'm still being cautious in activity and I see the high risk OB one more time next week, but I feel much better about it. I also was able to get my covid vaccine last week. :) 

It's pretty amazing to be in the third trimester. Starting to feel a bit more uncomfortable but overall doing fine. I'm getting excited to meet her, but hopefully at the right time - not too early, not too late! 

• returnable likes this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#77 smiley

smiley
  • 52 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 11 May 2021 - 02:29 PM

Daisy- good to hear from you and that your cervix has stabilized. Wishing you the best as you had towards delivery. Are you due in July? Have you decorated the nursery? Is the baby going to sleep in your room or will you sleep with her in the nursery? Glad you wrote on here. It's been a long time. I am planning to keep mine in my room for a while but just need to have his room ready anyways. 

I also got the vaccine, it was an agonizing decision making process for me as it was offered when there were no studies yet on pregnant women. I kept postponing it until I was well into the second trimester. I have received both shots and thankfully didn't get sick/feverish as others have. I'm  happy I took it especially after the recent evidence that antibodies are passed on to the baby. 

Yesterday I had my follow up anatomy scan and an ECG. Baby looks good and is on track for his age 24 weeks weight 700g. 

I will be doing a diabetes test in the next four weeks. I will also be taking some immunoglobulin for Rh factor antibodies since I am negative and hubby is positive. 

I have started buying items for the nursery and we are planning to paint it next week. I'm not due until the end of August but curious what you guys are packing in your delivery bag :) 

How's everyone doing? Do send your updates. 

TTC for two years. DH had vasectomy reversal after close to 15 years. Sperm had antibodies especially on tail making it difficult for them to reach egg. RE suggested ART. 

2/2020: First consultation with RE. Decision made to do IVF  (Age=37)

3/2020: U/S to check state of uterus revealed presence of fibroids, one in particular protruding toward the uterine cavity. Made decision to undergo surgery to remove fibroids 

3/2020: Surgery to remove fibroids 

3-4/2020: Recovery from surgery and COVID hit leading to cancellation of all non-essential procedures 

5/2020: Started IVF #1. 

6/2020: Retrieved 11 eggs; 9 fertilized; 4 made it to blast (2 day 5s and 2 day 6s). Protocol involved BCP before starting stims

6/2020: Fresh transfer of two blasts (3AA and 3BB); positive HPT at 5dp5dt; beta hcg at 9dp5dt=71 th_abfp.gif ; second beta at 14dp5dt=1 th_abfn.gif (Chemical)cry.gif

Plan to transfer the other two blasts in 8/2020

8/2020: FET cancelled IVF lab had ventilation problems leading to shut down 

8/2020: IUI=th_abfn.gif

10/2020: FET #1 unmedicated; transfered 2 day 6 blasts=th_abfn.gif  

11/2020 IVF #2: Retrieved 7 eggs; all fertilized but only 4 made it to 5 day blasts. Protocol didn't have BCP before stimming

12/2020: Fresh transfer of the two blasts; positive HPT starting at 5dp5dt; 1st beta at 13dp5d=1549 th_abfp.gif ; 2nd beta at 20dp5dt=21,000; beta at 26dp5dt=51,000. Excited thinking its twins sad.png

Ultra sound at 7 weeks= one little bean yahoo.gif (Age=38)

Baby born in August 2021- weighing 8lbs  6oz. I am over the moon. Cheers everyone!

#78 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:NovaVita Tallinn

Posted 17 May 2021 - 01:15 AM

@Daisy - good to hear your cervix is now more stable. How did the meeting with high risk OB last week go? 

@smiley - glad your little one is doing well as well. While I am always excited to see my baby on the scan, I am also always a tad bit worried something will be wrong for some reasons.

AFM - I had very bad sciatic nerve pain late April/early May that ultimately got resolved by seing an AMAZING pregnancy massage therapist. While I read multiple scary reports on mustard patches (very common natural treatments over here), my midwife told me they were safe to use during pregnancy + magnesium oil on the muscle/joint in pain. Those also seemed to work nicely to get rid of any lingering paint I felt after the massage.

The massage therapist also recommended to meet with her teacher (a manual therapist as they call it in this part of the world) to align my pelvis and make sure baby gets on the right track for delivery. I will be seing him on Wednesday.

I also got a little scare yesterday as I was walking in the countryside and bent over an electric fence with my big belly. I felt a little tickle but baby seems to be moving as usual since so all good. I guess I was more surprised than anything really.

Next scan is on June 1st as husband is away until then and I wanted to make sure he would be around for that next scan where we should hopefully see him head down. I am only 52 days away from due date now (July 8th) - so excited to meet him as well! 

Hope everyone is doing well :) 

#79 smiley

smiley
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 May 2021 - 02:39 PM

@liblikas- good to hear your news and that your baby is doing well. Which part of the world are you based? Looks like you have a lot of helpful interactions with your midwife. That's great. I totally understand worrying about something going wrong but you know what we have made it this far I'm optimistic that all will be well :) 

AFM- baby is kicking away. I still feel energetic but bending is becoming a problem. Soon enough I won't be able to see my feet :( 

Hope everyone else's pregnancy is progressing well. 

TTC for two years. DH had vasectomy reversal after close to 15 years. Sperm had antibodies especially on tail making it difficult for them to reach egg. RE suggested ART. 

3/2020: U/S to check state of uterus revealed presence of fibroids, one in particular protruding toward the uterine cavity. Made decision to undergo surgery to remove fibroids 

3-4/2020: Recovery from surgery and COVID hit leading to cancellation of all non-essential procedures 

6/2020: Retrieved 11 eggs; 9 fertilized; 4 made it to blast (2 day 5s and 2 day 6s). Protocol involved BCP before starting stims

6/2020: Fresh transfer of two blasts (3AA and 3BB); positive HPT at 5dp5dt; beta hcg at 9dp5dt=71 th_abfp.gif ; second beta at 14dp5dt=1 th_abfn.gif (Chemical)cry.gif

11/2020 IVF #2: Retrieved 7 eggs; all fertilized but only 4 made it to 5 day blasts. Protocol didn't have BCP before stimming

12/2020: Fresh transfer of the two blasts; positive HPT starting at 5dp5dt; 1st beta at 13dp5d=1549 th_abfp.gif ; 2nd beta at 20dp5dt=21,000; beta at 26dp5dt=51,000. Excited thinking its twins sad.png

Baby born in August 2021- weighing 8lbs  6oz. I am over the moon. Cheers everyone!

#80 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 May 2021 - 11:32 AM

Hi ladies!

Daisy- so glad to hear your cervix stabilized. Mine also stabilized around 30 weeks. Good ol' progesterone! How was your appointment with the high risk OB? Hope you are feeling ok!

Smiley- great to hear that your pregnancy is going smoothly! Enjoy the kicks and getting to understand baby's patterns!!

Liblikas- I feel you on the pain. I started seeing a pelvic physical therapist recently and it has been life changing! May be worth checking into before you get further into your 3rd trimester. I got to a point where I couldn't even stand up!

On my end, my cervix is soft and fully shortened but not yet dilated- just signed the papers to be induced on Monday!!! He's on his way, ladies!! He's head down and weighing 7lbs 3oz but the doctor and nurse think he's bigger than that lol. Hoping for a relatively undramatic birth. I have noticed how much I am "releasing" during the third trimester. It's like all these years of trauma from infertility are coming out. Didn't realize how much it impacted me in every sense.

Sending lots of hugs and cool breezes!!

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif

#81 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 20 May 2021 - 01:11 PM

Hi everyone! So great to read all the updates.

I'm doing well. Looks like I'll make it to June after all - C section is booked for June 1! 37 weeks tomorrow. I've been doing well but have been on pre-eclampsia watch. Started getting really high blood pressures and had to be hospitalized for several days and put on meds. Since then, I'm doing much better but still having some symptoms so my doctor and I are carefully observing for the time being.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC to investigate issue

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Sept. 2020 first FET with 4AA PGS-tested embryo; BFP; low rising numbers but excellent scans

June 2021 healthy baby girl via C-section <3.

Future: Considering trying again when permitted following C-section but might be one and done. Will donate embryos to research if any remain unused when we are done.

#82 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 10:57 AM

@smiley: I am based in Estonia now after moving from NYC in November 2019 (where I had started looking into IVF treatments but the doctor was clearly more after my money than trying to figure what was wrong). 

Over here, pregnancy is overseen by a midwife once a month and I only see my OBgyn when scans are needed (so far I had only 3 and a 4th one coming on June 1st).

@Misskika - I had tried a physiotherapist when it all started, after a weekend of rest and I was feeling overall better. She gave me some movements to do and given I used to do a lot of yoga, I did not realize I was overdoing them and ended up with a worse pain that same evening and it remained until I saw the massage therapist one week later - so while I guess it was more my fault than anything I reckon physiotherapy might not be the right choice for me. 

Either way - very happy to read you are going to meet your baby on Monday and I wish you a smooth delivery!

Very happy to read everyone is doing overall well. 

#83 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 500 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 08:43 PM

MissKika good luck tomorrow!!! I will be thinking of you and hoping for a smooth and safe delivery. Cant wait to hear about his arrival!

Tracy, hope you are feeling well. I can imagine preeclampsia watch has been scary enough. One week or so to go!

Will write more tomorrow. Happy long weekend!

TTC since 2013

#84 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 01:06 AM

Hey ladies, just an update!

The morning of May 21st my water broke! Went to hospital to confirm and they permitted me to head home to wait for regular contractions. Returned to the hospital in the late afternoon and was admitted! Laboured naturally for a couple hours before getting an epidural and pitocin. My cervix was not dilating despite regular strong contractions and the doctor discovered it was fused together with scar tissue from previous surgeries so he had to rip it open manually multiple times to help with dilation (thank goodness for the epidural!) after that process started I laboured for about 10 more hours. I had a very vomity reaction to the pitocin so spent most of that puking. By the time it was time to push the doc was in a c section so they made me wait to push! Talk about the most uncomfortable feeling of my life- turned into whole body contractions (like upper back and chest!) Finally doctor came in and I pushed the little guy out in less than ten minutes! And that is the story of how I puked my son out lol!

He was born the morning of May 22nd on a beautiful sunny day! We had red tail hawks circling outside the hospital window most of the day. It was beautiful! Hes got a touch of jaundice but nothing too concerning just need to follow up to make sure it is dropping. We are home now and it feels good. Really looking forward to help from a post partum doula as now really need to recover and get more sleep as it has been pretty challenging!

So happy that he is finally here, my little golden embryo. I cant believe we finally have our baby.

Cant wait to hear more from you ladies as you get closer to your dates. And thank you for being awesome support through this whole thing! We are doing it ladies- mommy time <3
  • returnable and Daisy.Eriksen like this

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif

#85 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 06:39 AM

Ahh congratulations Misskika!!! So happy hes here safely. Sounds like a pretty intense and pukey labour and delivery. I hope you are settling in and recover quickly. Enjoy your little miracle baby! Xo

TTC since 2013

#86 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 04:05 AM

@Misskika - CONGRATULATIONS!!! You made it! So happy for you!

#87 smiley

smiley
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 09:44 AM

Congratulations misskika what a wonderful thing to see after searching for so long! 

#88 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 May 2021 - 09:57 AM

Misskika, hope you and your little one are doing well!

Tracy, hope you're feeling good. Two days to go! 

Liblikas and Smiley, how are you feeling? 

Things are going well here, feeling pretty good still. I meet with the anesthesiologist on Tuesday to discuss my neck and back issues affecting intubation or epidural placement, and I have an ultrasound on Thursday. Babe has been transverse so I'm curious to see if she's started to move head down or not. I am 32 weeks today so there's still time for her to move. 

It's hard to believe I'm somewhere between 5 and 8 weeks away from meeting her! Just two weeks left of work before vacation and mat leave. Exciting times!

TTC since 2013

#89 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 500 posts

Posted 14 June 2021 - 06:30 PM

Tracy, hope L&D went well and you're settling in. 

Misskika, hope you and little one are doing well.

Smiley and Liblikas, how are you?

I'm good! 34 weeks and done work. We are finally setting up the nursery now that I've cleaned it of my office stuff. I've had a few virtual showers and feel very loved. Still feeling pretty good overall although I get tired easily and get a bit uncomfortable by the end of the day. Baby was head down as of last week and I can feel her little feet kicking out my right side. It's so magical! I'm pretty excited to meet the little one in around a month or so. :) 

• returnable and Carter81 like this

TTC since 2013

#90 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 09:59 AM

Hope all the new mums are settling in nicely with their mini ones and for the others that the wait is not killing you (yet!) and that you are all doing well.

@ Daisy - feeling their little feet up against the ribcage is weird at the beginning but also such a relief :) Glad to read you are enjoying it!

AFM - We are having a heatwave in Northern Europe but trying to avoid going a very crowded beach due to COVID that might still be lingering around - cold showers and lukewarm baths are just a blessing and enjoying a nicely cooled off house (I remember when buying our house in Estonia 2 years ago that we would probably never use the AC - I was sooo wrong!!). 

Still had a very bad sciatica pain last week and my masseuse told me it was most likely due to how the baby is positioned as it did sort itself out yesterday (kinda). 

2.5 weeks to wait now (I am at 37+ weeks) - I am so impatient to meet him. Watched the Ina May Gaskin's documentary yesterday and the last birth in the movie convinced me water birth is what I want to go for - if possible :) 

Wishing you all good luck!

#91 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 21 June 2021 - 10:59 AM

Congratulations Misskika!!!!! Great news!!!

Our baby also arrived, safe and sound, three weeks ago. I did end up having preeclampsia but we didn't know until after - the labs they took an hour or so before my C section showed super high levels of everything, which happened suddenly (normal labs just days before). Very odd. Since then my bp is back to normal. Recovery from the surgery has been tough and slow but my recovery otherwise has been easy and thankfully baby is perfect and easy also!!!!

How is everyone else doing?

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC to investigate issue

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Sept. 2020 first FET with 4AA PGS-tested embryo; BFP; low rising numbers but excellent scans

June 2021 healthy baby girl via C-section <3.

Future: Considering trying again when permitted following C-section but might be one and done. Will donate embryos to research if any remain unused when we are done.

#92 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 03:44 AM

Congratulations Tracy! Happy to hear it all ended well. 

#93 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 500 posts

Posted 24 June 2021 - 03:49 PM

Congrats Tracy! Glad baby made it here safely and you are recovering. Hope you and babe are doing well!

liblikas hope you are hanging in there! Pregnant in a heat wave would be hard! Not long now for you!!

As for me, babe is measuring 91st percentile, 7 lbs estimated at not quite 36 weeks. Im petite so I do not know where this is coming from! To be safe we have scheduled a c section on July 16. So 3 weeks until we meet her! Or sooner if she decides to arrive on her own. Kind of exciting but also a lot to process. I am feeling more set up and prepared so that is good!
  • CrisBelieve likes this

TTC since 2013

#94 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 15 July 2021 - 08:42 PM

Good luck tomorrow Daisy!!!!

#95 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 500 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 07:38 AM

Thanks! In hospital waiting my turn!

TTC since 2013

#96 Cotton3

Cotton3
  • 98 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 17 July 2021 - 10:23 AM

How did it go?!

#97 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 500 posts

Posted 17 July 2021 - 05:55 PM

Baby girl arrived July 16 safe and sound! We are recovering well and so in love with this beautiful miracle!
Thanks for checking in!
  • returnable, Carter81 and Cotton3 like this

TTC since 2013

#98 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 05:14 AM

Congratulations Daisy! Very happy to hear your baby girl arrived safely! 

AFM - heatwave is coming to an end apparently and now 41w 4 days - going in tomorrow to be induced and hopefully will be able to deliver vaginally (estimated weight of baby boys is 4.2kg = 9.2 lbs). Having said that, the doc did not think my belly was that big so perhaps it is over estimated. :)

Either way, I am much taller and have a larger frame than my mum who delivered me 40 years ago and I was 4.7kg (I was her third though) so hoping it will all go well :) 

#99 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 500 posts

Posted 27 July 2021 - 12:04 PM

Thanks Liblikas! Hope your little one arrived safely and you are settling in well.

Being a mom has been harder than I thought in some ways but also just such an amazing experience. I feel very grateful to have this little girl!

TTC since 2013

#100 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 August 2021 - 12:57 PM

Hello everyone - happy to report I gave birth to a beautiful little boy on July 22nd. 4.07kg for 54cm - and 2 weeks past due date. 

I still wonder how I pulled that off! Feeling so blessed to have this little guy!