Posted 11 May 2021 - 02:29 PM
Daisy- good to hear from you and that your cervix has stabilized. Wishing you the best as you had towards delivery. Are you due in July? Have you decorated the nursery? Is the baby going to sleep in your room or will you sleep with her in the nursery? Glad you wrote on here. It's been a long time. I am planning to keep mine in my room for a while but just need to have his room ready anyways.
I also got the vaccine, it was an agonizing decision making process for me as it was offered when there were no studies yet on pregnant women. I kept postponing it until I was well into the second trimester. I have received both shots and thankfully didn't get sick/feverish as others have. I'm happy I took it especially after the recent evidence that antibodies are passed on to the baby.
Yesterday I had my follow up anatomy scan and an ECG. Baby looks good and is on track for his age 24 weeks weight 700g.
I will be doing a diabetes test in the next four weeks. I will also be taking some immunoglobulin for Rh factor antibodies since I am negative and hubby is positive.
I have started buying items for the nursery and we are planning to paint it next week. I'm not due until the end of August but curious what you guys are packing in your delivery bag
How's everyone doing? Do send your updates.
TTC for two years. DH had vasectomy reversal after close to 15 years. Sperm had antibodies especially on tail making it difficult for them to reach egg. RE suggested ART.
2/2020: First consultation with RE. Decision made to do IVF (Age=37)
3/2020: U/S to check state of uterus revealed presence of fibroids, one in particular protruding toward the uterine cavity. Made decision to undergo surgery to remove fibroids
3/2020: Surgery to remove fibroids
3-4/2020: Recovery from surgery and COVID hit leading to cancellation of all non-essential procedures
5/2020: Started IVF #1.
6/2020: Retrieved 11 eggs; 9 fertilized; 4 made it to blast (2 day 5s and 2 day 6s). Protocol involved BCP before starting stims
6/2020: Fresh transfer of two blasts (3AA and 3BB); positive HPT at 5dp5dt; beta hcg at 9dp5dt=71 ; second beta at 14dp5dt=1 (Chemical)
Plan to transfer the other two blasts in 8/2020
8/2020: FET cancelled IVF lab had ventilation problems leading to shut down
10/2020: FET #1 unmedicated; transfered 2 day 6 blasts=
11/2020 IVF #2: Retrieved 7 eggs; all fertilized but only 4 made it to 5 day blasts. Protocol didn't have BCP before stimming
12/2020: Fresh transfer of the two blasts; positive HPT starting at 5dp5dt; 1st beta at 13dp5d=1549 ; 2nd beta at 20dp5dt=21,000; beta at 26dp5dt=51,000. Excited thinking its twins
Ultra sound at 7 weeks= one little bean (Age=38)