BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 176 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 24 February 2021 - 04:52 PM

Hi everybody!
Wanted to announce the birth of my son 🙂my own thread has no one on it, and i know a few of you here from previous FETs..

Benjamin Auguste Le Monnier was born on Feb 18th by planned c-section. He was 6 lbs 12 oz and so beautiful💕 Had a scare when he ended up with pneumothorax from first breath at birth....ended up seperated from him while he was in nicu for couple days, then we stayed there together until yesterday...npw we are home!!! And Benjamin is fine!! Yay! Sooo glad to be home! The time apart after birth had made breastfeeding challenging, but being home has made that better too...now i am just loving getting to know my baby!!
  • returnable, Daisy.Eriksen and Jewels4me like this

Tang71  

#52 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 499 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 24 February 2021 - 05:20 PM

Congrats BCMom! So happy to hear of the safe arrival of your son. Must have been a scary stretch of time with the complications but glad he is doing well and you are all home now. ❤️

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#53 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:NovaVita Tallinn

Posted 26 February 2021 - 04:45 AM

BCMom - so happy for you! Congratulations! It is so great to read stories with wonderful outcomes :) 

Thanks everyone for your messages of concerns - my midwife responded that as long as there was only pain, there is nothing to worry about. She wondered whether it was due to me trying to drink red raspberry leaves tea as it tends to have an effect on the uterus (that is why it is recommended during 2nd and 3rd trimester as it is a good prep for childbirth) but for some people, it might end up being painful. The pain disappeared on Tuesday, the same way it came so I might try again the tea to see if that was the culprit. 

@Daisy - how did the anat scan go? Keep us posted!

#54 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 05:03 PM

Liblikas, glad that your midwife wasn't concerned, and hopefully you don't get the pain again or can pinpoint it to the tea.

Anatomy scan went well! Everything appeared normal. I'm so relieved!! I'm back in four weeks for another cervix length check (holding pretty steady so far, so that's good). I'm feeling pretty happy! :) 

TTC since 2013

#55 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:33 PM

Hello ladies!

BCMom- CONGRATS!!!! So glad to hear that you guys have made it home and are settling in, that you made it through all those birth challenges! Bring on the other, new mommy challenges!

Tracy- did you ever get to the root of your pain? I hope you are managing!

Daisy- So glad to hear that your anatomy scan went well! And hope your cervix holds up nice and strong. Do they have you on pelvic rest or anything? 

Liblikas- How are you feeling now? Have your abdominal issues sorted themselves out yet?  Hope they have begun to subside!

Smiley- Yea! Big milestone!! How was your NT scan??

27 weeks today and had a very happy Dr’s appointment. My cervix has lengthened after bedrest and remains closed and placenta has moved up! This means I am only on pelvic rest from here on out! Woohoo! I have developed some iron deficiency anemia but I’ve dealt with that my whole life, just have to start taking the supplements again! All looks good for a business as usual birth plan at this point in time!

Baby is a superstar and I often wonder if it is because I was on Saizen injections to create him lol. He’s measuring 3 days ahead, in 64% weight percentile and SUPER active. Like a bit too active, especially in the middle of the night. Today at the Dr I had to wait 30 min for him to chill out in order for them to get an accurate heartbeat reading lol. Guess I’m in for some trouble! 

How are you ladies thinking about birth? I’m of the mind that however he wants to come is however he wants to come and I can’t make much of a plan. I definitely want the drugs. All of them. 

Sending warm spring vibes to all!

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif

#56 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 07:09 PM

Misskika, I'm so happy to hear that your cervix is doing well! I bet that was a relief to have that appt. 27 weeks! So close to third trimester - you're getting there! So neat that he is active (though hope you get some sleep!) 

I had been on pelvic rest as a precaution but as my cervix is looking long and closed (just maybe shorter than average due to the surgery), the OB I saw on Thurs said it was okay to loosen those restrictions. 

Hope you're all good! 

TTC since 2013

#57 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 499 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 07:06 PM

Just checking in - how is everyone doing?

No real news here but I am feeling babe move around more lately, which is super exciting! 

Hope everyone is good. 

TTC since 2013

#58 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 02:40 PM

Hello hello!

Daisy, love that you are feeling baby movements. Second trimester is the calm before the storm! Glad that things are progressing well for you :)

An update on my end, I'm in the third trimester! 29 weeks and 2 days! :) :) Had an appointment this morning and doctor recommended I be induced the week of May 22 (if I don't go before then) just to mitigate any potential risks with birth due to advanced maternal age and IVF pregnancy. I'm totally cool with meeting the little guy sooner as he will still be full term :) Cervix has been holding strong and baby growing nice and big! Starting to feel the heartburn now, my body aches more than usual due to all the new weight and tiredness/pregnancy brain fog has returned in full force, but loving every minute of it. Anything is better than the dreaded first trimester! We have been busy setting up the nursery lately and are decorating it in an "under the sea" theme! Are you guys planning on setting up nurseries/getting the supplies soon??

Hope everyone else is doing very well and happy almost spring!! :) 

TTC 4 years

#59 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 06:49 AM

So glad to hear things are going well Misskika! 9 or 10 weeks til you meet him, so amazing! Hope you arent feeling too uncomfortable. Your nursery idea sounds so cute, I love it!
We live in a small condo and will hopefully move in a year so we have been purging and de cluttering, sending unnecessary stuff to our parents places for storage (so kind of them!). We have a little stroller / car seat system, a mini crib, and a small glider chair which is so comfy for a short person like I am. So we are slowly getting there!

Have any of you started prenatal classes? Where are you doing them? Im doing the Toronto Public Health online, at your own pace, one for now.
  • Misskika007 likes this

TTC since 2013

#60 smiley

smiley
  • 52 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 19 March 2021 - 08:53 AM

So glad to hear everyone's updates. Misskika & Daisy you sound excited and I am excited for you given the challenges of this journey. Today, I am 17 weeks. I feel great and I'm loving my bump :) Going for anatomy scan in April - hoping for a girl. 

Hope everyone else is doing well. 

TTC for two years. DH had vasectomy reversal after close to 15 years. Sperm had antibodies especially on tail making it difficult for them to reach egg. RE suggested ART. 

2/2020: First consultation with RE. Decision made to do IVF  (Age=37)

3/2020: U/S to check state of uterus revealed presence of fibroids, one in particular protruding toward the uterine cavity. Made decision to undergo surgery to remove fibroids 

3/2020: Surgery to remove fibroids 

3-4/2020: Recovery from surgery and COVID hit leading to cancellation of all non-essential procedures 

5/2020: Started IVF #1. 

6/2020: Retrieved 11 eggs; 9 fertilized; 4 made it to blast (2 day 5s and 2 day 6s). Protocol involved BCP before starting stims

6/2020: Fresh transfer of two blasts (3AA and 3BB); positive HPT at 5dp5dt; beta hcg at 9dp5dt=71 th_abfp.gif ; second beta at 14dp5dt=1 th_abfn.gif (Chemical)cry.gif

Plan to transfer the other two blasts in 8/2020

8/2020: FET cancelled IVF lab had ventilation problems leading to shut down 

8/2020: IUI=th_abfn.gif

10/2020: FET #1 unmedicated; transfered 2 day 6 blasts=th_abfn.gif  

11/2020 IVF #2: Retrieved 7 eggs; all fertilized but only 4 made it to 5 day blasts. Protocol didn't have BCP before stimming

12/2020: Fresh transfer of the two blasts; positive HPT starting at 5dp5dt; 1st beta at 13dp5d=1549 th_abfp.gif ; 2nd beta at 20dp5dt=21,000; beta at 26dp5dt=51,000. Excited thinking its twins sad.png

Ultra sound at 7 weeks= one little bean yahoo.gif (Age=38)

Baby born in August 2021- weighing 8lbs  6oz. I am over the moon. Cheers everyone!

#61 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 03:11 PM

Hey Daisy! We did the live prenatal classes through Tummy Talks and found them pretty helpful, better than the whole slog through online learning! Here is the link: https://info.tummytalks.ca/

The one thing they didn't cover that I would like more info on is breathing techniques during labour! I'm hoping to find an online hypnobirthing class to help with that! :) 

TTC 4 years

#62 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 03:34 PM

Thanks! I looked at that one too - I will look closer at it if I find myself failing at keeping up with the online one.

A hypnobirth class sounds good!

TTC since 2013

#63 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 10:57 PM

Hi everybody!
Wanted to announce the birth of my son my own thread has no one on it, and i know a few of you here from previous FETs..

Benjamin Auguste Le Monnier was born on Feb 18th by planned c-section. He was 6 lbs 12 oz and so beautiful Had a scare when he ended up with pneumothorax from first breath at birth....ended up seperated from him while he was in nicu for couple days, then we stayed there together until yesterday...npw we are home!!! And Benjamin is fine!! Yay! Sooo glad to be home! The time apart after birth had made breastfeeding challenging, but being home has made that better too...now i am just loving getting to know my baby!!

BCMom!

Sorry for the delay in congratulating you - I had forgotten my password!

I am so so happy for you... and lots of blessings to Benjamin. May he grow to become a lovely child. 

All the best with all the mothering you are doing. 

Jewel

Jewel 

#64 Jewels4me

Jewels4me
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 10:58 PM

And congratulations to all the mothers in waiting. Daisy I still go to your profile and read your journey. I am really happy for your and for the current miracle growing in your belly.

Jewel 

#65 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 499 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 08:40 AM

Smiley so glad to hear you are doing well and loving your bump! I love mine too, greatest joy of my life. I hope your anatomy scan goes well!

Jewels, awww thank you!! It sure was a long road and I am so grateful for this little miracle. I hope you are doing well!

TTC since 2013

#66 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:28 PM

Hello!

I hope everyone is doing fine with their pregnancies - we are all only a few months away now! 

I have a quick question for you as I was reading about decrease in activity of baby while in the womb and it is worrying me a little: my little one is kicking on occasions, maybe once or twice every few hours during the day - he is kicking up a storm maybe once a day in the evening (and not every evening) and seems to be moving while I sleep as when I wake up in the middle of the night, I tend to feel activity down there (or is he moving because I am turning around?). 

From reading other mums' posts on the inter web, they are often saying having (sometimes having had) very active babies and my pregnancy app has a 'kick counter' to measure the number of minutes at a time baby is moving. To be honest, I do not feel this kick counter is very useful to me as I never really know how long it will last for and as I mentioned, I often feel only one kick or two and quiet for a few hours. 

As this is the first time I get that far along in a pregnancy (I will be 25 weeks on Thursday), I have no frame of reference so I would appreciate if any of you had some insight into this :) How much movement is enough or not enough? That is the question.

Thanks in advance for your advice and support.

#67 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 03:41 PM

Maybe the ladies who are further ahead will have better advice or experiences. But this is what Ive read so far about movement.
We are asked to start counting kicks (using an app or a spreadsheet or a bracelet or your head) at 28 weeks - some will say to sit or lie down during a known period of activity (often in the evening after a meal) and relax and count 10 movements, within 2 hours, and do this at the same time every day, and call doctor if it seems slower or less movement than usual (eg if usually 10 movements in 1 hour but one day you dont get 10 movements in 2 hours, maybe worth calling). Others will say to get to know the patterns your baby makes (eg always kicks at 7pm and 5am but dont notice anything all evening one day) and call the doctor if it seems less than the usual pattern.
But before 28 weeks I think movement can still be fairly irregular so as long as you are feeling some movement every day, that sounds about right for 25 weeks.
It also depends on if you have an anterior placenta (at front; harder to feel movement), if baby is positioned so arms and legs are pointing in towards your spine (not as noticeable to feel movement), or if youre moving a lot (puts baby to sleep and makes it harder to notice).
If you feel worried, you can try having something sweet to eat and drink a big glass of water and lie down on your left side, or sit down with legs propped up, and quietly wait. Usually that will get them moving. They also apparently sleep for up to 90 min at a time multiple times through the day.
I get it, I also feel anxious when I dont feel movement for a bit, but hopefully some of this will help!

TTC since 2013

#68 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 04:12 AM

Thanks Daisy! This is reassuring :) I read this morning that prior week 26, bones are not fully firmed up, which might explain why movement might not feel that strong - so this is also a relief.

Thanks again for your insight.

If anyone else has something to share, I am all ears :)

#69 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 12:59 PM

Hey Liblikas!

Like Daisy said, the whole "count" thing doesn't apply until 28 weeks and this also varies based on where your placenta is. Also, it doesn't even need to be a "kick"- wiggles, rolls, anything would count as movement at 28 weeks. When I was 25-27 weeks I had a similar pattern with baby- very active at night but quiet in the day. Even at 30w he's quiet during the day and more active at night but I can feel his rolls, turns and wiggles more now just because he's bigger. 

I also second Daisy's suggestions to get them moving when they are a bit older- ice cold water, sugary drink and laying on your side. Once they get a bit older you can poke them and they will respond too hehe. 

Bottom line, I wouldn't be concerned about it :) 

TTC 4 years

#70 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 03:08 AM

Thank you Misskika! I feel him more and more these days as I guess he is indeed getting bigger (and so do I!). So I will not worry about it all then :)

#71 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 March 2021 - 07:30 AM

Hi everyone!! So great to get all the updates.

I'm 29+3 today. Baby is in the 80th percentile for growth and I'm sure I'll be induced or have an elective C in late May rather than deliver in June as expected. I'm very nervous about baby having enough room as I might have a bicornuate uterus (inconclusive tests) so I'm doing a lot of movement tracking - not so much kick counts but observing patterns.

I feel really good. Moving around is so hard now, though. Getting up from bed or sitting is a lot of groaning and stages of movement. I am tracking carbs and testing blood sugar to stay on top of it as I am "pre"-gestational diabetes/at risk. Weirdly the best part of my day is working out after meals, it's the only time I feel normal and somewhat in control.

I'm panicking about the house more than anything. We had to stop a renovation due to COVID so we really have no storage and stuff is everywhere in boxes and piles (in anticipation of different rooms and the basement getting done) which is not the calm, clean environment I was hoping for. It's not quite a construction zone, it's more like we moved in and only unpacked halfway. Not sure what to do about this!!!

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC to investigate issue

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Sept. 2020 first FET with 4AA PGS-tested embryo; BFP; low rising numbers but excellent scans

June 2021 healthy baby girl via C-section <3.

Future: Considering trying again when permitted following C-section but might be one and done. Will donate embryos to research if any remain unused when we are done.

#72 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 03:31 AM

@Tracy - as long as you and the baby feel fine, do not worry about your house being not as tidy as you would like :)

Take good care of yourself and the unpacking can wait as it might be more strenuous than necessary for you now.

While we all want babies to grow up in calm and tidy environments, let's be honest: this is our own projection/wish and babies really don't care about it (I am an interior designer and trust me, I have seen a LOT of places where one can wonder how people raise their kids in - and yet, they do).

Having said that, I read recently in a book that it was important to 'give a tour of the house' to your newborn when coming home as babies have a feel for light and for him/her to be introduced to the space they will grow up in - so maybe it might be a good opportunity for you to explain to your baby what is your plan for each room and explain why things are the way they are. After all, we all have been through a hell of a ride with the COVID crisis (as if fertility treatments were not enough) and I think it is important to communicate to our children how much of a positive thing their birth represent in times like this :) 

• Misskika007 likes this

#73 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 10:21 AM

I love that!! What a nice idea :)

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC to investigate issue

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Sept. 2020 first FET with 4AA PGS-tested embryo; BFP; low rising numbers but excellent scans

June 2021 healthy baby girl via C-section <3.

Future: Considering trying again when permitted following C-section but might be one and done. Will donate embryos to research if any remain unused when we are done.

#74 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 12:58 PM

Liblikas, I love love love that idea! It's so beautiful! Putting that good energy out from the start is so important. Thanks for sharing!

Tracy, glad to hear that things are moving along well and you will also be a late-May mom! Hope that things progress smoothly.

How is everyone else doing?

I'm 33 weeks tomorrow and it's getting real! I even get to go off progesterone next week, so exciting! Had some wicked heartburn but my doc prescribed a med and now living my best life. Waiting on a belly belt to arrive because this guy is putting so much darn pressure on my groin/pelvis that it "falls asleep" if that makes sense lol. I guess my biggest update is that I got the COVID shot, which was something that I was super on the fence about doing while pregnant. My doc recommended it but left the decision up to us. We followed the research and ultimately decided it was best for our situation and that getting COVID while pregnant is riskier to me/baby than getting the vaccine. Bonus, they are finding that antibodies from the vaccine are being passed to baby (like TDap) but still no word on if this protects babies from COVID. 

Big hugs to everyone! We are almost there! :) 

TTC 4 years

#75 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 499 posts

Posted 25 April 2021 - 10:27 AM

Hello!

So, ironically, after posting all that advice on movements, I definitely went through a weekend of panic last week when movement seemed to be less (around 25/26 weeks). Pretty sure she was just sleepy or in a hard to feel position. She's been much more active this week, which is so very reassuring. Not too uncomfortable yet!

I'm feeling pretty good still although starting to feel a bit heavier and more tired. I had an appt on Thursday, and everything looks good with babe, estimated to be over 2lbs which is crazy and exciting!
But my cervix shortened a fair amount in the last month. MissKika, I know you had some issues with your cervix too - did it resolve on its own? Hope you all don't mind if I give actual numbers, in case you have any positive stories to share. I think mine is always about 1cm shorter than average due to surgery, so I was 3.0 at 22 weeks, but I was measuring between 1.4 and 1.8cm at 26 weeks. Shorter than the 2.5 they consider a limit, but it's hard to know if mine is still okay, just shorter due to the surgery. I'm not too concerned yet. But I am being careful and cautious, on restricted activity (which is okay, as I'm also hiding away from covid until I can get my vaccine!). Back on Thursday to see the high risk OB and we'll see what next steps are. 

Tracy, how are you doing? Only about a month left until delivery time, how are you feeling about it all? How is growth looking? I can imagine it would be stressful not having the renos finished and to feel cluttered and unprepared. 

Liblikas, the home tour is so lovely. I'm definitely going to do that! How are you feeling? More movement now?

Misskika, I'm glad you got the vaccine! I know it's a hard and personal decision for everyone, but covid certainly has been looking rough for pregnant people lately. Does the belly belt help? Which one did you get? How exciting to be off progesterone! I am totally over progesterone but worth it if it helps!

How is everyone feeling? I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. 

TTC since 2013