#1 janny82

janny82
  • 1000+
  • 1491 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Edmonton/VFC

Posted 21 October 2020 - 02:23 PM

Hi everyone,
I see there havent been any really active groups on here lately but thought I would start one for June/July 2021 in case anyone wanted to join. I found my little group very helpful during my last pregnancy and would love to have a few people to chat the time away with again.
I have a long and complicated infertility history, as one can see in my profile. I have one DS born via PGS and FET back in 2017, then I had a blighted ovum of an untested embryo (my last one) last fall. I did a new round of IVF with PGT-A this summer and ended up with 2 euploid frosties. I transferred one of those frosties (a 6BB euploid blast) on Oct 15 and got a faint positive yesterday (5dp6dt). My beta isnt until Saturday and Im feeling a bit anxious about it all but hoping for a good outcome!!
  • Yearning likes this

#2 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 25 October 2020 - 10:54 AM

I'm just jumping the thread here, but Janny so happy for you and fingers crossed for a good outcome.

• janny82 likes this

#3 janny82

janny82
  • 1000+
  • 1491 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:07 PM

I'm just jumping the thread here, but Janny so happy for you and fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Thanks so much! So far, so good

#4 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 26 October 2020 - 09:19 PM

Hey!
Theres a couple of us on the September IVF form that are BFP! Think we should move on to this form :)

My due date is June 3rd. I also have had a long fertility journey. Had a beautiful girl In 2019 from my 2018 IVF. And this little bean is from the same batch.

Janny82- Congrats on your faint BFP!!! Got to love all the waiting! You think a person would get use to it but you never do.
  • janny82 and returnable like this
diQHm6.png

#5 janny82

janny82
  • 1000+
  • 1491 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 09:50 PM

@Mrs T- welcome, and congrats on your pregnancy! I assume you are far enough along that you would have had your first ultrasound already? How have you been feeling?
Our due dates would be one month apart, my EDD would be July 3. I’m still waiting on my results from my second beta that I had this morning. Hoping to get some good news! I find the whole process so nerve-wracking

#6 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:25 PM

@janny82- yes my transfer was September 15 so we are exactly a month apart! I had my ultrasound on Oct 15 and the little bean had a good heart beat and measuring to size. My all day sickness started 7 weeks 1 day and has been pretty bad till today.

What dpt is your blood test?
diQHm6.png

#7 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 01:39 PM

Yey! I'm so glad you started this, Janny and super big congrats on your pregnancy!!! Let us know how your beta went. I've also had a hell of a journey with TTC and this will be my first. Was in the September FET group with Ms T and am approaching 10 weeks pregnant with our golden embryo (I guess now golden fetus?) I've had two ultrasounds now with very strong heartbeats, last one the baby was measuring a day ahead with a heartbeat of 174. I was discharged from fertility clinic last week and stop the progesterone spackle on Tuesday! Now wait for midwife appointment Nov 18. I'm in morning/all day sickness hell at the moment, hope it begins to subside soon. 

Mrs T- I am so jealous your symptoms are subsiding!! And so happy your little one is growing strong :) :) will you be going to midwife or obgyn? 

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif

#8 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:46 PM

I'm eight weeks; my due date is June 11. Extremely hesitant to even post here, seems wildly presumptuous, but I have missed the community. How is everyone doing? I'm experiencing serious fatigue, all-day nausea, cravings and aversions. Focusing on work has been the biggest challenge, between the exhaustion and distractions.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC to investigate issue

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Sept. 2020 first FET with 4AA PGS-tested embryo; BFP; low rising numbers but excellent scans

June 2021 healthy baby girl via C-section <3.

Future: Considering trying again when permitted following C-section but might be one and done. Will donate embryos to research if any remain unused when we are done.

#9 Mrs T

Mrs T
  • 44 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 12:54 PM

Well I had one day of feeling well and since then so sick! I good till 10am and then starts going down hill from then. I throw up at least once a day and feel like crap the rest and the exhaustion is cruel! I am 10 weeks on Thursday and told 12-14 weeks it will start getting better hahah!
Kind of glad to hear we are all in the same boat.

Next week we are going to get another ultrasound and I am doing the harmony test. Anyone else doing that? We did it last pregnancy.
diQHm6.png

#10 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 07:36 PM

Hey Tracy, nice to see you here! Yeah I feel you- I have NOT been productive at all. Hoping this week will be better. How are you doing this week? Any improvements? 

Oh Mrs T I'm so sorry that you are feeling so crap. I'm not doing harmony unless the NT scan pulls something up. Had PGS NGS testing so they did check for some things but know it isn't a guarantee. Clinic recommended doing NT and if it comes up fine, that should be enough. 

Are you ladies still on IVF meds? I stopped progesterone + baby aspirin yesterday and my symptoms improved significantly! Nausea is there but nowhere near the level it was before and no vomiting. Still a bit tired but do feel like I have more energy. Hope this is going to last! I had a break during week 8 and then week 9 was hell.

TTC 4 years

#11 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 115 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 November 2020 - 11:15 PM

I dearly hope for a very good outcome, good luck!

#12 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 09:38 AM

Hey Tracy, nice to see you here! Yeah I feel you- I have NOT been productive at all. Hoping this week will be better. How are you doing this week? Any improvements? 

Are you ladies still on IVF meds? I stopped progesterone + baby aspirin yesterday and my symptoms improved significantly! Nausea is there but nowhere near the level it was before and no vomiting. Still a bit tired but do feel like I have more energy. Hope this is going to last! I had a break during week 8 and then week 9 was hell.

Started feeling less totally exhausted a few days ago (I'm now 10 weeks) which coincided with going to bed a LOT earlier.

I'm still on progesterone, I was told I could cut my dose in half (but still get a shot every day) and I declined. I have one more ultrasound at my clinic, and assuming all is well, I'll be tapered off estrogen and progesterone then.

How are you doing?

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Sept. 2020 first FET with 4AA PGS-tested embryo; BFP; low rising numbers but excellent scans

Future: Considering trying again when permitted following C-section but might be one and done. Will donate embryos to research if any remain unused when we are done.

#13 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:11 PM

Started feeling less totally exhausted a few days ago (I'm now 10 weeks) which coincided with going to bed a LOT earlier.

I'm still on progesterone, I was told I could cut my dose in half (but still get a shot every day) and I declined. I have one more ultrasound at my clinic, and assuming all is well, I'll be tapered off estrogen and progesterone then.

How are you doing?

Good to hear that you are feeling a bit less exhausted. Hopefully there are no more rude symptom surprises for you. Will you be moving forward with a midwife or obgyn? Good luck on your final clinic ultrasound!

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and feeling a lot better. Hunger is starting but still have a lot of food aversions. Bloat from the progesterone is GONE! Now just a slight bump emerging. I have been super tired though, but some of it is probably from this change over to winter. Have my first midwife appointment tomorrow. Still sort of in disbelief that I have made it this far after three chemicals and a miscarriage. Beginning to trust that this one is here to stay.

• Daisy.Eriksen likes this

TTC 4 years

#14 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:31 PM

Definitely OB — I'm high risk (or, potentially high risk: I might have a bicornuate uterus, also my age might qualify me? I'll be 40 next year). Also just prefer the oversight of doctors. I definitely want to use a doula, though, in addition, but not sure how that works with Covid.

The bloat is real! I have been amazed at how bloated I am and my eating/food intake has been roughly the same. Sized out of all my pants already. Also feeling the winter tiredness.

Congratulations on reaching 12 weeks. Such a milestone. Good luck at your midwife appointment! Keep us (me?) posted.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

#15 Eudamonia84

Eudamonia84
  • Just Hatched
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:35 AM

Hey everyone... Just got my second blood test results yesterday. This will be our first after 5 years of trying. I'm so excited, and in shock and nervous.

My duedate is around July 24. Still doing intralipids and anticoagulants, on top of the ivf meds.

MissKika - congrats on the 12 weeks!

MrsT - hope you are feeling better this week.

Janny - thanks for starting this thread 😉

TracyFlick- glad to hear you're feeling less tired.

#16 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 10:30 AM

Welcome Eudamonia! How amazing that you finally got your BFP! I also tried for four years and this is our first. Its so so amazing when it finally starts happening. Im still in shock at 12w4d lol. How are you feeling? When is your ultrasound scheduled for?

Tracy- a doula eh? Have you worked with one before? At the hospital I live near only one support to person is permitted and only permitted once you are in active labour. Hopefully this changes by June and doula + partners are permitted! I dont know even where to start with the pregnancy pants- have you found a favourite brand?

The day I hit 12 weeks my symptoms came back! Nausea again and really tried, some new headaches, but nowhere as bad as week 9. Guess its a bit of a back and forth until 2nd trimester. Had my first midwife appointment and it was pretty uneventful. Didnt really get any vibe from the midwife one way or another. Monday have NT scan scheduled so will get to see the little one again!

TTC 4 years

#17 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:28 PM

No, haven't worked with one — third pregnancy, but first that's gotten this far. I don't know if an additional person will be allowed by June, but really I just want the additional support. I'm very sensitive, for one thing, but OBs don't come to your house after you give birth so if this pregnancy is successful and I deliver, I know I'll want more support around that.

I wanted leggings that would be warm, soft, and grow with me, so I got fleece-lined maternity leggings from Motherhood, which are not great quality but were cheap — not into paying real money for maternity clothes.

I've experienced the same, the nausea etc. coming back after going away! Today I was really nauseated, and had a long nap, even though I've been feeling much better generally.

Hope the scan went well today.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

#18 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 506 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:35 PM

Well hello! To quote Tracy above, it feels wildly presumptive to join so early but whatever, I'm so excited! I've been following along with a lot of you for a long time and I'm happy to be able to join! I just snuck in under the wire of June/July due dates, I think my EDD will be July 30. 

Seven years, seven transfers, hopefully first child! I had my second beta today (14dp5dt) and it had nearly tripled to 1533 from 590 two days earlier. I still need to arrange my first scan but it should be in 2-3 weeks. Another TWW! I had a mmc two years ago (natural surprise ending somewhere around 6 or 7 weeks), so I am still quite cautious until that first scan.

I'm still on estrace, crinone, PIO, fragmin and prednisone, and so far feeling fine.

Looking forward to tracking along with all of you - I hope we all have a smooth journey! :) 

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

DE transfer Nov 2020 - BFP

More about my journey in my profile

#19 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:05 PM

I am so so so so happy to see you here, Daisy!!! Had all my fingers and toes crossed for you and so glad this cycle has turned out wonderful! Here is to continued healthy growth and a great first ultrasound. Glad you are feeling good so far, my symptoms really hit week 6 so hopefully you have a couple beautiful weeks of eating whatever you want until then!

Tracy, man these symptoms! I hope this is your last week of nausea and that it is slowly on its way out. Thanks for the recommendation on Motherhood leggings. I look forward to the Black Friday sale this week so I can grab all the appropriate maternity clothes! A friend of mine said the Old Navy ones are great and not too expensive as well. Are you having a NT scan?

I had my NT scan this week and everything looks good, baby measuring 4 days ahead now (I blame all the McChickens I have been eating!) So nice to see the baby again too- they were really active rolling around, sucking thumb and waving "hi" all while sitting cross legged in lotus pose! I wish I could upload one of the ultrasound pics here- baby was caught waving "hi" in the photo. It's so cute. Got some blood work back and looks like I'm a bit on the anemic-side. I also had a massive dizzy spell yesterday and felt as though I may faint. Started on iron supplements and trying to incorporate iron packed smoothies into my diet. So hard on the food front to incorporate more iron when I still have so many aversions! We also made the call to transfer care to an OB/GYN. I just am not comfortable with the midwife route at the end of the day. 

TTC 4 years

#20 FingersCrossed#2

FingersCrossed#2
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 11:35 PM

Hello everyone- hoping youre okay if I join this community for some support! :) My EDD is July 10. Im in week 7 today- the nausea is awful and started last week- aligning with when all of your nausea started too. Its reassuring but debilitating and makes it hard to function. Im basically only eating carbs when I can and if I can. I had a bleed which stopped after a few days and now Im spotting again so I hope its just residual blood from the hematoma and nothing I should worry about- although hard to do as its accompanied by some cramping. I do get to see baby this week again so fingers crossed for good news!! I applied for midwifery care and so far had a virtual consult this week. Its so different with covid..

@Misskika007- your baby at your NT scan sounds amazing!! It must have been so beautiful and funny to watch baby be so active! :) I hope the iron supplements start to help with the light headedness! And its important to go with the provider that youre most comfortable with- Im glad you followed your gut. :) hope you like your OB/GYN- when do you get to meet them?

@Daisy- so happy for you!!! I think a lot of us have followed your story and I must say it was so nice to read about your positive betas!!! I pray that everything goes smoothly for you! Hope your clinic contacts you soon for an u/s date and hoping you get to avoid the nausea for your pregnancy!

@ TracyFlick- I hope your nausea is getting better this week!! Did you get to meet your OB yet? Thanks for the tip about the pants haha the bloat is annoying for sure! :) did you find out more whether a doula can be there at the birth in addition to your partner?

@Edamonia84- congrats on your 2 good betas!! how are you feeling this week?

@MrsT- how did your ultrasound go? Hope everything went smoothly!!

#21 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:53 PM

Thank you, Misskika! Im so happy!
Im glad to hear your NT scan went well! So cute about your baby in the scan. Im sorry to hear about your dizzy spell, but taking iron sounds like a good plan, hopefully that helps. I hope youre not feeling too nauseous these days. I think Ill also go the OB route, I have two in mind already. (Way to get ahead of myself though!)

Thank you, Fingerscrossed! Thats so nice to hear. Im sorry youre feeling quite sick these days and still spotting. I hope your scan went well today and that your virtual midwife consult was good. (Covid does make things strange!)

Tracy, hope youre feeling better!

MrsT, hope all is going well.

Eudamonia, nice to see you here too! Do you have your scan booked?

I feel very aware of my body these days and I love it! What a privilege to carry this little one, even if only for a time!
My first ultrasound will be on Dec. 10, when Im 6+6. Less than 2 weeks to go, I can do this! Take it one day at a time. I am nervous about how it will go it would be crushing to have a bad result right before the (locked down) holidays. But I read a really nice quote on Instagram (@missconceptioncoach) this week and I am making it my mantra. Sharing in case it resonates with any of you:

I wont live in future emotions and scenarios that havent happened. I deserve joy in this moment. These feelings cant hurt me. In this moment I am safe. missconceptioncoach.com

Hope youre doing well and have a good weekend!
  • returnable likes this

TTC since 2013

#22 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 09:38 PM

So great to see you here Daisy! That's a great quote. I'm getting a lot of comfort out of "Today, I am pregnant."

FC: I have; I actually met my OB after my mmc. She's very kind and comes recommended from every fertility person I've seen, which was a coincidence, so feeling good about that :) I haven't researched doulas yet — maybe around 20 weeks if I get there. I'm doing the same with carbs, by the way... Some days I realize I haven't eaten a fresh vegetable.

Misskikka: I can't have gluten anymore but McChickens are my favourite fast food of all time (maybe tied with a chicken soft taco...). Great news about your scan. I've also heard Old Navy is good (and is definitely cheap) - if I need anything else I'll look there. For now I'm working in more of my husband's clothes. I'm doing my NT scan this week, and did Panorama last week (and used a PGS-tested embryo but wanted all the info I could get).

I'm now 12w2d, and feeling much better; still nauseated but not to the same extent, sore boobs, definitely expanding. I'm crying a lot, almost out-of-control but short-lived tears about basically anything: something sad, uplifting, overwhelming. I cried the other day over a food craving as we didn't have the thing. My naturopath told me this is very common throughout the second trimester, too...

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

#23 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:40 PM

Well hello! To quote Tracy above, it feels wildly presumptive to join so early but whatever, I'm so excited! I've been following along with a lot of you for a long time and I'm happy to be able to join! I just snuck in under the wire of June/July due dates, I think my EDD will be July 30. 

Seven years, seven transfers, hopefully first child! I had my second beta today (14dp5dt) and it had nearly tripled to 1533 from 590 two days earlier. I still need to arrange my first scan but it should be in 2-3 weeks. Another TWW! I had a mmc two years ago (natural surprise ending somewhere around 6 or 7 weeks), so I am still quite cautious until that first scan.

I'm still on estrace, crinone, PIO, fragmin and prednisone, and so far feeling fine.

Looking forward to tracking along with all of you - I hope we all have a smooth journey! :) 

Just popping on here to congratulate you Daisy🙂so happy to hear!! Wishing you a peaceful, happy pregnancy💗

Tang71  

#24 BCMom

BCMom
  • Global 100+
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Nature, reading, gardening, hiking, pets
  • My Clinic:Victoria fertility clinic

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:44 PM

My bad!:-) Congratulations to all of you! its nice that this thread took off....i tried to start one for feb/mar but it didnt take off!! Wishing happy pregnancies to all of you!!

Tang71  

#25 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 506 posts

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:43 PM

Thank you, BCMom! How are you doing? Must be starting to near the final stretch? 

Tracy - I'm also gluten-free somewhat recently, do you have any favourite brands of GF food, or other substitutions to eat? Especially with queasiness and cravings? Glad you're feeling better, and I can relate to the weepiness, guess it's nice to know that will carry on.

Misskika and FC, hope you're doing well.

As for me, ultrasound went well today! :) Measuring a bit ahead at 7w2d (should be 6w6d), heart rate of 154. I got to see the heart beat! Ahhh. That is a pretty surreal experience. I will have another scan in roughly two weeks, hopefully before Christmas.

I've been feeling ... okay... Very tired, very hungry, maybe a bit queasy at times especially when I'm hungry. I feel very preoccupied by food - what can I eat, what should I eat, what do I want to eat, what do I have the energy to make - and I eat like every hour. lol.

It's been very reassuring to feel like I have some symptoms. 

Still a long way to go but I feel very happy and fortunate to have made it this far! :)

• returnable likes this

TTC since 2013