Advice - PGS tested embryo did not implant - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Advice - PGS tested embryo did not implant

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hope20

Hope20
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 17 October 2020 - 06:37 PM

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and seeking advice on next steps. I had a frozen embryo transfer (natural cycle) with a PGS tested embryo and it failed to implant. I also did ERA testing and I received a receptive result. I have one more PGS embryo left. What can I do to improve my chances on a future cycle? Thanking you all in advance for any input/success stories.

#2 Cotton2

Cotton2
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 18 October 2020 - 10:27 AM

Maybe try a medicated cycle?

My RE told me a PGS tested embryo only has 60% chance, so it easily could have been bad luck. 

Good luck. 

• hopefuldadsomeday likes this

#3 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 221 posts
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 25 October 2020 - 09:11 AM

I am sorry to know yr IVF did not work out for you. I chose my clinic cos of their excellent lab, embryologists and experience in PGS NGS. Do you know more facts about yr clinic? Are they experienced in PGS NGS? Not all clinics that perform IVF get great results. The same might apply to PGS NGS, and labs/clinics that perform screening. The second point is that there are too many reasons why implantation might fail. Have you checked vit D level? I can't share 1st hand experiences, but a few friends of mine had acupuncture to boost their chances, and got pregnant. Good luck.

#4 Hope20

Hope20
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 10:03 AM

Cotton2 - Thank you. I will inquiry about a medicated cycle.

happyfrog - Thanks for thr input. PGS is done by CooperGenomics. Most transfers in my clinic are PGS tested embryos. That's pretty much all I know. I checked my vitamin D and did acupuncture a month before the FET. I hope to have a better outcome with the second FET.

#5 tsm37

tsm37
  • 57 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:42 PM

Hope20. Sorry to hear that. Similar experience with my wife. PGS embies and two implementation failures, but we didn't do ERA. However, we switched to a new clinic recently and we will do ERA + endo biopsy this time. We told our new doctor about this and he said that the transfer technique by the dr sometimes does affect the outcome and he went into details about his techniques and I learned a lot. 

What you can try is to check your immune system and see if you have a high level of natural killer (NK) cells. Your fertility doctor will definitely know what I'm talking about, but doctors have various opinions about it. If you do have a high level of NK cells, then some doctors will recommend you to do what is called Intralipid infusion. 

Agree with Cotton2 about trying a medicated cycle. 

Previously, our PGS was also done at Cooper and I'm from New York City. I never questioned whether things went wrong with Cooper. At the end of the day, Cooper does not have your embryos. They were only given some cells for biopsy.  Dr said that Cooper has been doing PGS for a long time. You may want to check whether your PGS was done using v2.0 or v3.0 testing technique, but definitely not v1.0. You can find a lot of information on Google about this, and I'm no expert to say which version is the best, but I guess the latest? Personally, I don't think the issue came from PGS.