8 replies to this topic

#1 Robin2020

Robin2020
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Newlife

Posted 08 October 2020 - 10:36 PM

Hello everyone, I am new here. I am happy that I found this forum. 

I am 41, had 2 failed IUIs and 1 failed IVF transfer (2 non-PGS test embryo transferred), 1 cancelled Mini-IVF. My Dr. cannot explain the infertility, lab think it is because of my age that embryo quality not good, so Dr. suggest donor egg which I rejected. He then suggest another round of IVF try different protocol. I feel he is not very confident on this, and another IVF is just another round of trial. 

I have adenomyosis and scar tissues found in uterus, Dr. said no need to treat but not explain why. He doesn't talk much. Even you ask questions, his answer is short or vague. Any recommend Clinic and Dr. who is good at treat age infertility  (40+)  ?  

Thanks a lot

Age 41, 2 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF, 1 cancelled mini IVF

#2 Robin2020

Robin2020
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 10:41 PM

BTW, near my place, there are Markham fertility, York fertility, Nahal Fertility and Procrea Fertility, but I don't know much about them.

Any input is appreciated !

#3 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 101 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 09 October 2020 - 08:19 AM

Have you considered Anova? They're in North York and have a good reputation.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC to investigate issue

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Planning our first FET in fall 2020

#4 Cotton2

Cotton2
  • 29 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 10 October 2020 - 08:40 PM

We saw Dr. Tiao-Virirak Kattygnarath at Procrea. He seemed knowledgeable but not the warmest guy. No BS. I had a whole list of questions and he answered them all thoroughly. I also spoke to their lab manager about their fertilization rates with testicular sperm and she flat out told me "We can't control the quality of the gametes". I appreciated that she didn't try to upsell me. We didn't end up going with them because their funded wait list is very long. 

#5 Robin2020

Robin2020
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 04:18 PM

Thank you TracyFlick, did you do your IVF #1 and #2 at Anova ?  I saw your IVF#2 retrieve many eggs (21) compared to IVF#1, did they change the protocol for you ? I also only retrieve 7 eggs in my first IVF. 

@Cotton2, thank you , how long is their funded list now? It is good that you talk to the lab manager, I heard lab is a key factor for the success of IVF, but we all don't know fertilization rate for each fertility center. 

#6 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 07:23 PM

Thank you TracyFlick, did you do your IVF #1 and #2 at Anova ?  I saw your IVF#2 retrieve many eggs (21) compared to IVF#1, did they change the protocol for you ? I also only retrieve 7 eggs in my first IVF.

I have PCOS so I was on a much lower protocol for my first round. The drugs were upped for my second, more successful round, but of course OHSS becomes a big concern. (I did get it, but a mild case.) I would recommend speaking to all the doctors you're considering about what protocol they would put you on and why.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC to investigate issue

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Planning our first FET in fall 2020

#7 Robin2020

Robin2020
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 06:42 AM

Thank you TracyFlick !

#8 elation

elation
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 16 October 2020 - 01:38 PM

Hi Robin2020 welcome!
I am not 40+ but my husband is. We went to Mt Sinai Fertility in downtown Toronto (Im from Markham) and I had an overwhelmingly positive experience there. My doctor was Dr Crystal Chan who is there perfect combination of knowledgeable, warm, logical, and compassionate. She takes the time to explain answers to your questions and takes into consideration all your concerns. I am unexplained, but have other complications like single ovary, dermoid cysts, and fibroids.

I hope that helps and good luck in your journey!

Me: 32; DH: 41  |  TTC: 2017  |  Mt Sinai Fertility

Dx: Single partial ovary, dermoid cyst and x-large fibroids

2013 Apr - Left ovary and tube removal from massive dermoid cyst torsion; partial right ovary damage

2017 July - Switch to Mt Sinai from RCC

2018 Jun - IUI #1 BFN

2018 Oct - Medicated Cycle BFN

2018 Nov - Medicated Cycle BFN

2019 May - IUI #2 BFN

2019 June - Medicated Cycle BFN

2019 Aug - IUI #3 BFN 

2019 Nov - IVF #1: 14 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 6 blasts, 4 frozen + 1 3BB transferred BFP!

#9 Robin2020

Robin2020
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:31 PM

Thank you elation,  congratulation on your BFP !

Does Dr Crystal Chan in Downtown or North York ?  I saw she is in North York location as well. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new, second opinion