How did your retrieval go Melissa87?

#27 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 04 November 2020 - 01:45 PM

Thanks and it was good.  So I did a double transfer and one stuck (DD). I had a csection, which resulted in a defect that leaks fluid into my uterus. Obviously I need to fix that before they are willing to transfer.  What really is hard is waiting for surgery.  

My original issue was tubal, I had fluid in my tubes.  I had a surgery and removed both of them.  Then I did IVF and they found polyps in my uterus, so I had those out before my successful transfer.  

I have my heart set on three kids and DH does too.  How many do you want?  I know I look crazy for doing ivf again, but it was funded and I looked at it as I may regret it if I don't.  Also, I know I am blessed to have a daughter and I don't mean to sound ungrateful but I have had a lot set backs too. So while there is no guarantees I knew I would feel better having the extra embryos and I do. Also they are all untested.  

Are yours tested? How many kids do you want?  Unexplained would be hard not knowing.  I am glad you had a transfer work it helps to know it can work.  Although I know when your heart is set on multiple children its really hard regardless.  

Good luck on Monday.  I had 7 on day 3.  Which I am happy with. 

#28 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:27 PM

Wow! You have had quite the journey! I cant imagine having to deal with all those obstacles. Waiting always seems to be a factor with this whole process...always waiting for something! I really wanted kids close together (2 years max) but its obviously not turning out that way. I was put on the IVF funded wait list when my son was a few weeks old and here we are 2.5 years later still in the process. :(

I had my retrieval this past Monday and it went well! They retrieved 17 eggs, 14 were mature and 12 fertilized. I was counting on 10-15 mature so I was happy with 14. Now fingers crossed that at least a few make it. Previously, the percentage that make it to day 5/6 has been very low. My day 3 was today but I didnt get a call with an update so Ill have to call and find out tomorrow how many are still progressing. Mine are not tested as we only had 2 each time so it wasnt worth testing them.

I would be content with 2 kids but I do really want a daughter. I have a close relationship with my mom and I would love to have the same with a daughter of my own.

#29 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • 26 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 November 2020 - 11:16 PM

ove t

Anyone starting an IVF cycle this month? Ill be starting in about 2 weeks.

Great to know that, how are you liking it so far.

#30 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 01:20 PM

Wow! You have had quite the journey! I cant imagine having to deal with all those obstacles. Waiting always seems to be a factor with this whole process...always waiting for something! I really wanted kids close together (2 years max) but its obviously not turning out that way. I was put on the IVF funded wait list when my son was a few weeks old and here we are 2.5 years later still in the process. sad.png

I had my retrieval this past Monday and it went well! They retrieved 17 eggs, 14 were mature and 12 fertilized. I was counting on 10-15 mature so I was happy with 14. Now fingers crossed that at least a few make it. Previously, the percentage that make it to day 5/6 has been very low. My day 3 was today but I didnt get a call with an update so Ill have to call and find out tomorrow how many are still progressing. Mine are not tested as we only had 2 each time so it wasnt worth testing them.

I would be content with 2 kids but I do really want a daughter. I have a close relationship with my mom and I would love to have the same with a daughter of my own.

I get that, I really want a son.  Not that I don't love and appreciate having a daughter! As for the issues, yeah they have been bad.  But what I have had is good ivf cycles with decent success.  So I am grateful for that.  I feel like everyone's journey is different and hard in their own way. 

Congrats! I hope you have several make it to day 5! I am currently waiting on my day 5 call! on day 3 I had 7 (as I said before) 6 were moving strong but one was a little slow, so we will see .

I really wanted kids close in age too.  Now I am looking at a two ish old before I can even transfer.  

#31 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 10:11 PM

What was your outcome for your day 5 report? I had my days mixed up and my day 3 was actually today and not yesterday as I had thought. I still have 12 on day 3, Im very happy with that but Im also trying to keep my expectations in check since my numbers drastically drop day 3-5. Either way, its exciting to be getting somewhere!

#32 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 08:52 AM

How was your day 5? I ended up with 4 on day 5 and 1 on day 6! So not as good as before but I can only hope I have enoough to get the kids I want.  

#33 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 05:24 PM

I had 4 frozen on day 5 which Im stoked about! Ive only ever had 2 so 4 was a great outcome for me. 6 progressed to day 6 but then arrested so I have nothing from day 6.

#34 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:36 PM

Hey Congrats! Are you testing yours? I didn't which makes me nervous.  When do you transfer again? 

#35 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:35 PM

Im not testing mine. I hope to transfer in December but Im doing an unmedicated cycle which requires me to ovulate on my own so fingers crossed that I do. My doctor warned me it may not happen - I guess because my cycle is trying to resume normally after the stimulation?