October IVF

33 replies to this topic

#1 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:49 PM

Anyone starting an IVF cycle this month? Ill be starting in about 2 weeks.

#2 Havefaith8

Havefaith8
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 04 October 2020 - 06:00 PM

Hi. Me! I am on birth control pills waiting for the injections to arrive. Fingers crossed.
  • Ciara likes this

#3 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 08:58 PM

Hi Havefaith8! What medications will you be on?

#4 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 09 October 2020 - 10:32 AM

I am also starting when AF arrives! Really excited about it! I am waiting for a surgery prior to doing a transfer so I'll be freezing everything. 

#5 Ciara

Ciara
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • My Clinic:NCFMC

Posted 10 October 2020 - 09:48 AM

Hi! New to this forum and very first IVF cycle. Im also on birth control and going to start injections at the end of the month.

#6 Julecork

Julecork
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Anova fertility

Posted 18 October 2020 - 09:03 PM

Yes! I started mine last week. I was injecting cetrotide day 1-4 and now Im on gonal 225 and menopur 150. I found the cetrotide made me really tired. As in I was going to bed 30-60 mins after the injection. The gonal stinks, and the menopur burns when goes in. The one thing Im holding onto, everyone I know whos done this mixture of medications have been successful with their pregnancy. So Im excited for that! :)

#7 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 04:01 PM

Hi Julecork! My day 1 is today, so the fun begins! I’ll be starting Gonal 225 as well plus Luveris. I’m not familiar with Menopur or Cetrotide. Is this your first IVF?

#8 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 05:29 AM

Hi everyone Im on day 2 of stims gonal 275 and 150 menpour. Its making me tired
. Anyone else experience a lot of fatigue ?

#9 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 08:49 PM

I just took my first dose tonight - gonal and luveris. I dont recall being particularly tired in my other cycles, but I dont really
Recall any symptoms.

#10 Loolia

Loolia
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts
  • My Clinic:Shady Fakih

Posted 22 October 2020 - 07:48 AM

Hello ladies; anyone in the 2 weeks wait?
Im 3dp5dt and I feel I need a chat buddy; experiencing no symptoms and very frustrated. My 9th IVF cycle.

#11 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:05 AM

Hi Loolia! You might have more luck finding people in the two week wait in the FET group. This IVF group is all people that are going through the retrieval. :)
However, if its any consolation my one and only pregnancy I had zero symptoms in my two week wait and for quite a few weeks after. Any transfer that I did that I had symptoms was always negative.

#12 Loolia

Loolia
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts
  • My Clinic:Shady Fakih

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:06 AM

Ok great thank you newtothis11

#13 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 09:16 AM

I just had another appointment I have at least 16 follicles and Im in day 5 of injections. Im so bloated

#14 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 11:46 AM

Melissa87 - 16 is a great number! Today is my day 5 of injections. I felt really tired yesterday and had a headache but today I feel OK again. I have my first check up tomorrow so then Ill be able to see how Im progressing.

#15 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:02 AM

Thanks! She also said that Im only looking at 7 eggs. Discouraging because two years ago I had 24. I know its age (Im 33) but I also think Im not responding as well to the protocol. Does anyone know if age affects FETs? Obviously I want to do them as soon as possible, but Im waiting for surgery and Im really hoping that doesnt hurt my chances of another baby

#16 Mcbealz

Mcbealz
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:00 AM

Melissa87 - Age affects quality of egg however if the quality of the embryos are good, age shouldn’t affect frozen embryo transfer. 

#17 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:47 AM

Thanks that makes me feel better!

#18 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:50 PM

I agree with Mcbealz, age affects egg quality but not the transfer. Im also 33 and my response to the medication is a lot lower than it was when I was 30!

#19 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 08:57 PM

Melissa87 - do you know how your doctor can predict how many eggs? Is it because you have 7 follicles that are predicted to be mature and the rest are farther behind in size? I had that happen my 2nd round, what they refer to as a double cohort.

#20 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 06:14 AM

Melissa87 - do you know how your doctor can predict how many eggs? Is it because you have 7 follicles that are predicted to be mature and the rest are farther behind in size? I had that happen my 2nd round, what they refer to as a double cohort.

Yeah so its based on size.  She did say it could increase. They are growing obviously and more could grow to be big enough.  Its also different meds, my gonal f dosage was actually higher when I did my first cycle.  How many have you done? I also have a lot of gas by one of my ovaries.  Its super strange I eat really healthy, and I am super bloated this time, so much so that I am on a diet of basically bread and pasta because they are concerned that if I keep eating fruits and vegtables it will make the egg retrrevial hard. 

#21 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 10:57 PM

Melissa- This is my third IVF. I was at a different clinic and on completely different meds my 2nd round, but my 1st round and this round are very similar with the exception that Im on a higher dose. My stimulation seems to be going well. They figure Ill have my retrieval either Sunday or Monday. You must be getting close to your retrieval as well?

#22 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 01:37 PM

Yes! Mines Saturday and my trigger shot is tonight. My follicles did a lot of growing and I should have 10 ish mature which is better then we thought. Newtothis11 Im glad to hear its going well! Are you excited for your retrieval? I am or at least I feel way better then I did the first time. Are you transferring ?

#23 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 09:28 PM

Melisssa - my clinic is only doing freeze alls right now. So Ill freeze whatever I get and then transfer in December hopefully. How many times have you done IVF? What have the outcomes been for any other cycles youve done?

#24 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 03:46 PM

Same with mine what clinic are you with ? Im with first steps . This is my second ivf. My first one was just after I turned 31 and they got 24 eggs and 6 made day 5 and 2 made day 6. I had one pregnancy. I still have some left but Im waiting for surgery so I wont be transferring for a while which is why I did another one. How were your prior cycle?

#25 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 07:53 PM

Wow! You had great success with your first IVF having so many frozen! How many kids do you want? Are you having surgery related to fertility or for something else?

My first cycle I did at ONE Fertility and I had over 20 mature follicles at the time of retrieval but they only got 12 eggs and only 2 made it to freeze. One resulted in my son.

My second cycle was in London, ON and I was on completely different medication. I had 8 eggs and 2 made it to freeze. I transferred both at separate times and neither resulted in a pregnancy.

So now Im on my 3rd round and went back to ONE since thats where I had success so far. Ill be having my retrieval on Monday. Im anticipating 10-15 eggs. Egg quality seems to be an issue though since I have such a low percentage that makes it to blast. Fingers crossed that this time I have a good outcome!

Do you know what your fertility issue is? I was diagnosed as unexplained but there is a thought it might be endometriosis. I havent had a laparoscopy to confirm though.