• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 107 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:22 PM

Would love some advice on the progesterone shots, if anyone has any. Been on them for over a week now, and the injections are fine (husband studied up and took a friend's advice to "commit" so very little pain) and the injection site is fine; I'm doing the massages and movement throughout the day (and we do the shots in the morning).

However: the sides of my legs and butt, nowhere near the injection site, are in a lot of pain. Both sides. Very tender and just painful right along the outer/upper thigh and hips, especially. I know the progesterone can settle around nerves and muscles which I assume is what's happened. I have not hit a nerve, we've been really careful about the zone for the shots. I also don't want to use a lot of heat for pain relief as I'm in the middle of the 2ww so for now I'm in pain every time I sit down, get up, brush past anything, etc.

My clinic had nothing much to say about this — I like my clinic and the people a lot but have found that personalized advice is hard to come by; they must get so many of the same questions that they don't even hear the details of a patient's issue and go straight to the stock answer.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC to investigate issue

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Planning our first FET in fall 2020

#2 Cotton2

Cotton2
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 01 October 2020 - 09:37 AM

I had the progesterone building up and making charlie horses to the point it was getting hard to find places to inject and I was thinking about asking for a different form of progesterone but around the 6 week mark my body seemed to habituate to it. Did it for 12 weeks and have a healthy baby to show for it. 

#3 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • 26 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:43 AM

I hope you are doing well now 

#4 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 07:59 AM

I had the progesterone building up and making charlie horses to the point it was getting hard to find places to inject and I was thinking about asking for a different form of progesterone but around the 6 week mark my body seemed to habituate to it. Did it for 12 weeks and have a healthy baby to show for it. 

Did it impact your legs/butt south of the injection as well? My injection sites are fine, it's just my sides... weird!

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

#5 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 08:00 AM

I hope you are doing well now 

thank you - same issue; I'm managing fine as it's a minor issue but I've never heard of this before.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

#6 Cotton2

Cotton2
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 03 October 2020 - 09:10 PM

Did it impact your legs/butt south of the injection as well? My injection sites are fine, it's just my sides... weird!

No but look up an imagine of dermatomes, maybe it is referred pain. Your brain might be confused as to where its coming from because its the same nerve. That would be my guess  

#7 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • Global 100+
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 02:53 PM

Great, I'll look into it! Thanks!

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c