October 2020 FET

75 replies to this topic

#26 1118

• Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 11 October 2020 - 09:46 AM

Hi there,

Completed first FET recently after three failed fresh. My first hpt was at 8dp5dt and it was a faint positive... first positive I have ever seen! I tested again at 10dp5dt and it was still faint, but stronger than the other one. They are not squinters, lol! However, I am worried that they are so light it may end up in a chemical pregnancy. Any insight? Or Anyone ever had this and went on to have a healthy baby?

Thank you. Good luck to all.

#27 tsm37

tsm37
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 08:39 AM

Okay, the HCG for a day-5 blood test is 0.1 and home pregnancy strips on day 5, 6, and 7 did not show any faint line. Official blood test will be later this week, but I already know it is BFN. Another implementation failure. Unbelievable, all five PGS-tested embryos are gone.

First fresh transfer ended up with a DNC due to abnormal embryos; 

Second attempt (our first FET) ended up with tissues passing out of my wife's uterus several weeks after BFP (PGS-tested);

Third attempt (our second FET) ended up with our first implementation failure (PGS-tested); and 

Fourth attempt (our third FET) again ended up with our an implementation failure (PGS-tested).

Like I said, we will not return to this doctor no matter what good things people say about him. Appointment is scheduled with a new doctor and I expect both my wife and me will do a lot of additional testing, in additional to ERA. I guess I will not be back for several months. Good luck ladies. 

#28 CMRivf

CMRivf
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 14 October 2020 - 11:05 AM

Hey All, 

Sorry, have been MIA for the last while. Hope everybody is doing well.

1118 - my BFP with DD at 8dp5dt was very faint and she is a VERY healthy almost 2 year old now!

TSM - So sorry to read about your unsuccessful cycle. Hope you have a better experience and a successful journey with your new doctor.

AFM: I'm scheduled for my transfer this Friday, October 16. They will do a final ultrasound the morning of the transfer to ensure there is no fluid and as long as that looks good, we will proceed with the transfer!

IVF #1:

November 2017 - 23 Follicles, 18 Fertilized, 3 made it to Day 5, FREEZE ALL due to OHSS

FET #1:

January 31, 2018 - Begin Suprefact Nasal Spray(5x/day), baby Aspirin & Folic Acid

March 2, 2018 - Lining Check -> 8.6mm, transfer scheduled for March 8, 2018

March 8, 2018 - Transferred 1 embryo. Continue Prometrium, Estrace, baby Aspirin & Folic Acid

March 16-19, 2018 - HPTs th_abfp.gif 

March 20, 2018 - Beta Test - 115 (according to nurse, they like to see 250-500) Continue with Prometrium, Estrace & Folic Acid. Stop baby Aspirin.

​March 22, 2018 - Beta Test #2 - 332 th_abfp.gif Tentative due date of November 24, 2018. 7 week U/S booked for April 9. Continue Prometrium & Estrace until April 28.

November 27, 2018 - Healthy baby girl born at 10:32am, weighing in at 8lbs 4oz and 22.5" tall.

FET #2:

March 17, 2020 - Canceled due to Covid.

FET #3:

June 15, 2020 - Canceled due to unknown bleeding/cramping at cervix.

FET #4:

PROTOCOL CHANGES: Will switch to estrogen patches as well as vaginal estrogen. During lining check will test progesterone to make sure I haven't ovulated. Requested a ultrasound the morning of the transfer to make sure everything looks okay.

Sept. 12, 2020 - Begin Suprefact injections, baby aspirin and prenatal/DHA.

#29 Caroline2019

Caroline2019
  • 63 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 15 October 2020 - 10:56 PM

Good luck! Hope the transfer goes well!

#30 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:NovaVita Tallinn

Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:44 AM

Hello everyone - sorry busy bee over here hence being MIA.

Scheduled transfer on Tuesday 20th - will be thawing on Monday 2 d4 early blasto, wait until day 5 so they can develop and we implant the best (or the one left) on Tuesday. Fingers crossed - will be first FET after failed full IVF cycle in August. 

Doc recommended for assisted hatching on the next cycle in case this one does no work.

Started having a sore throat on Thursday and freaked out a bit but tested for COVID last night and negative (first test I have been wishing to see a negative results on a test in a really long time).

@tms37: really sorry to hear about your story. Hopefully a different doctor will figure out a successful plan of action for you guys.

@CMRivf: fingers crossed for you - hope the transfer went smoothly.

@RosySkies: really sorry to read you. Be strong. 

#31 1118

• Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 10:47 AM

@CMRivf... that is great.Do you happen to know what your beta came back as on your healthy pregnancy?

At 2 weeks past transfer, my beta was 29, just wondering if there is any hope.

#32 stella5

stella5
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa fertility center

Posted 18 October 2020 - 06:36 PM

I'm 34 years old and my DH is 37. TTC for almost 3 years now. Unexplained infertility for both of us. Three failed IUIs then did IVF in June 2020. They were worried about ohss with me given my high ovarian reserve so my protocol was very conservative. 13 follicles, retrieved 12 eggs, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to blast and froze. Decided not to do PGS testing as it was very pricey and my RE didn't recommend it for us. I had to do a frozen transfer in august rather than June because I developed a little bit of OHSS. My august transfer was so emotional. I did acupuncture before and after the transfer and ate pineapple core (even though I know the evidence doesn't support it but hey, with TTC you will try anything). 4 days past 5 day transfer, I got a faint second line (I was soooooo happy), the line kept getting slightly darker for a few days after but it still wasn't as dark as I would like. Then few days before my beta test, the line was faint and eventually disappeared. It was a chemical pregnancy and my clinic confirmed it. my hcg was at 0.8. I was devastated. I was able to schedule another transfer the following cycle. It's in two days!! Oct 20th. I really hope this one works. I don't want to keep going on this emotional rollar coaster. :( Anyone else have a similar journey?? 

• Caroline2019 likes this

#33 Caroline2019

Caroline2019
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 08:02 AM

Sorry to hear about your journey so far. Thats great you were able to try again the following cycle, wishing you the best of luck. In regards to your IVF cycle, I had similar... I got 5 embryos out of the cycle. Bc of ohss, all were frozen. 1st was a chemical, 2nd I heard a heartbeat but miscarried the week after, around 7-8 weeks. 3rd was negative and I lost one embryo with the thaw. That was in March. Due to Covid I waited so I just had my final transfer Oct. 9th. I go for a test on Wednesday. Im nervous. Not sure if I have it in me to do another IVF cycle if this doesnt work. I am blessed with 2 kids. But Ive been dealing with infertility before my first was born. So its been a long journey.

#34 CMRivf

CMRivf
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 10:21 AM

Liblikas - Good luck tomorrow!!

1118 - My beta was 115, so it was lower than they like to see but it did double at my next blood draw so they were happy. Did you have your blood drawn a second time to check doubling?

Stella - So sorry to read about your previous cycle. I hope Tuesday goes smoothing and that little embryo is very sticky!

Caroline - Wishing you the best at your beta on Wednesday! Have you done a home test or do you wait until beta?

AFM: Transfer went very smoothly and I was able to get some good rest in. Back at work today but will still be taking it easy for awhile. Just trying to decide when I want to take a home test!

IVF #1:

November 2017 - 23 Follicles, 18 Fertilized, 3 made it to Day 5, FREEZE ALL due to OHSS

FET #1:

January 31, 2018 - Begin Suprefact Nasal Spray(5x/day), baby Aspirin & Folic Acid

March 8, 2018 - Transferred 1 embryo. Continue Prometrium, Estrace, baby Aspirin & Folic Acid

March 20, 2018 - Beta Test - 115 (according to nurse, they like to see 250-500) Continue with Prometrium, Estrace & Folic Acid. Stop baby Aspirin.

​March 22, 2018 - Beta Test #2 - 332 th_abfp.gif Tentative due date of November 24, 2018. 7 week U/S booked for April 9. Continue Prometrium & Estrace until April 28.

November 27, 2018 - Healthy baby girl born at 10:32am, weighing in at 8lbs 4oz and 22.5" tall.

FET #2:

FET #3:

FET #4:

PROTOCOL CHANGES: Will switch to estrogen patches as well as vaginal estrogen. During lining check will test progesterone to make sure I haven't ovulated. Requested a ultrasound the morning of the transfer to make sure everything looks okay.

#35 Caroline2019

Caroline2019
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 October 2020 - 07:11 PM

CMR- I havent done a test at home. Im not sure why I dont. Its very tempting!! Glad to hear your transfer went well.

I had a bit of cramping Friday which would have been 1 week after the transfer. Also I noticed a bit of brown (sorry for tmi) and I looked it up and Im really hoping its due to implantation! Bc I havent had anything since Friday.
  • BabyforQ likes this

#36 Caroline2019

Caroline2019
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:45 AM

Ok Im supposed to get my beta taken tomorrow but caved and took a hpt and I see two lines! But this could be a false positive right? Bc Im so close to my fet? (Fet was October 9th)

#37 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 446 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:52 AM

Just jumping in to answer your question Caroline. Did you have any HCG meds around transfer? A HCG trigger shot? HCG wash? HCG shots as support post-transfer?  If not, then those two lines are unlikely to be a false positive. :) Fingers crossed for a good number tomorrow!

• Caroline2019 likes this

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#38 Caroline2019

Caroline2019
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:04 PM

Hi Daisy, thanks for your help. I did a non-ovulatory cycle. So Im taking Estrace and endometrin. Yes, fingers crossed for a good number tomorrow!! 🙏🏻
  • Daisy.Eriksen likes this

#39 1118

• Just Hatched
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 05:20 PM

Good luck to all.

@CMRivf - I retested at16dp5t and it was 54 (considered to have doubled), then again at 19dp5dt and it went to 98...not testing again until next week. If they continue to rise they will book me in for the ultrasound then.  Hope you are relaxing and doing well! 

#40 CMRivf

CMRivf
  • Global 100+
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:47 PM

Caroline - Congrats!!! Sounds like you are officially pregnant! Sending you good vibes for a doubling beta!!

1118 - I hope your numbers continue to grow!

AFM: I started testing today 5dp5dt even though I knew it would be a mistake and, low and behold, I am now stressing because it was a negative. With my DD I didn't test until 8dp5dt and it was a faint positive even then....

IVF #1:

FET #1:

FET #2:

FET #3:

FET #4:

#41 Caroline2019

Caroline2019
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 12:47 PM

@1118 hoping that you will continue to see a rise!

Got my 1st beta results in, Im at 908. Easy for me to get excited but then I have to be cautious bc Im too familiar of what can happen even with the nice number. Im happy though, I still have a chance!
  • Daisy.Eriksen and CMRivf like this

#42 FingersCrossed#2

FingersCrossed#2
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:20 AM

Hi guys,
Jumping in to this. Had my transfer this morning and it went well.. the wait is hard! Hope this is the cycle for everyone!

@caroline2019- congrats!! That is a good first beta!!

@1118- praying that the numbers rise nicely!

@CMRivf- dont lose hope yet!

#43 Loolia

Loolia
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts
  • My Clinic:Shady Fakih

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:48 AM

Hello ladies; anyone in the 2 weeks wait?
Im 3dp5dt and I feel I need a chat buddy; experiencing no symptoms and very frustrated. My 9th IVF cycle.

#44 Caroline2019

Caroline2019
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 01:17 PM

Hang in there! The wait is very hard! 2ww takes so long. I was saying to my husband, for most people seeing a positive on a hpt would be it for them, they can move on a bit. But not for us.. so much waiting and uncertainty!! Waiting for 2nd beta to see the right increase, then waiting for the first ultrasound and so on.
  • Loolia likes this

#45 Loolia

Loolia
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:21 AM

Yes Caroline; very difficult for us especially during COVID and job losses and uncertainties. It is overwhelming

#46 Caroline2019

Caroline2019
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 12:48 PM

@loolia For sure... it is very overwhelming.

Just got the 2nd beta results, they doubled - are at 1800. She wants me to come back in for a third test Sunday just to make sure. This is based on what happened last November- I miscarried around week 7-8.

#47 FingersCrossed#2

FingersCrossed#2
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 01:38 PM

@caroline2019- congrats!!! Hope everything continues to go up for you!! It must be hard and Im glad your clinic is checking another beta ! Wishing you positive vibes!

@loolia- I hear you.. infertility is not easy! And not many people understand what we go through. I hope this is your cycle too!

#48 Liblikas

Liblikas
  • 17 posts
  • My Clinic:NovaVita Tallinn

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:18 AM

@Loolia - I hear you. Those 2ww are excruciatingly long and I personally do not test before as not to not get my hopes down and/or up on test day.

I am on the 2ww as well right now - testing due on Friday. I sense some very light cramping but wonder if it is just not my mind making those up to make me believe something is still in there. 

@Caroline2019 - congrats! Fingers crossed this one will stick around!!! 

#49 Loolia

Loolia
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:23 PM

@liblikas symptoms spotting all day long; I focus on my stomach to check whether Im cramping and over analyze everything. How sad really.

@fingerscrossed ; how is your two weeks wait so far?

@caroline2019 I pray this one sticks and you get to deliver a healthy baby
  • FingersCrossed#2 likes this

#50 FingersCrossed#2

FingersCrossed#2
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 08:16 PM

@loolia; no symptoms, sometimes I try to focus on my stomach too and I go crazy thinking was that a twinge but really, I dont have anything.. :( Im starting to feel like this cycle wasnt the one again! Its so hard to remain positive .. I really do try. How are you doing @loolia? When is your beta? Will you be testing on hpt?