• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ania

Ania
  • 47 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:02 PM

Has anyone had success with adding omnitrope to their cycle? Also, does anyone know the cost in Canada approximately? I have heard its expensive. Thanks!

#2 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 164 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 26 August 2020 - 09:15 AM

Hey Ania- I was on Saizen (another HGH) and it was $350 per vial, each vile has two doses. I needed 3 vials for my treatment and would say it did help at the end of the day. Omnitrope may be similar in terms of price!

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#3 crumples

crumples
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 26 August 2020 - 09:34 AM

my total for omnitrope was 1060.79$CA with dispensing fee. This was for 3 vials x 10mg each. I was taking 3.30mg a night. 

If you have benefits, its worth contacting them to see if they would refund it. usually you need to fill a special form to make the claim.

The manufacturer can offer some discount depending on what you use it for. 

you would need to try and contact them, I contacted the canadian HQ, but was sent on a wild goose chase and needed the meds now so just paid out of pocket.

short story is they need your doctor to fill up a form and send it to them before they decide on giving a discount or not. 

I would shop around for prices, I think Costco might have had the best price and you dont need a membership to get your prescriptions I think. 

Also make sure, if they give you cartridges, that they also order the sure pal pen that goes with your dosage as well, its free but it wasnt automatically provided with the cartridges, my pharmacy had to make another order to get it. You might have to purchase separate pen needles too. 

40s - DOR - Poor responder - 3 iuis - 1 ivf converted to iui. 

#4 Ania

Ania
  • 47 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 26 August 2020 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for your responses.  I think HGH can help with egg quality, but I would be on it for 20 days, so it would really add to my expense:-(