FET September

71 replies to this topic

#26 Seeds

Seeds
  • Just Hatched
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:20 AM

Ok good to know that transfer shouldn't be too bad. I asked my clinic about the advil and they gave a firm no, I think it may actually be harmful to implantation. I'm gonna do some yoga in the morning (before) and am doing accupuncture before and after, so hopefully that will calm the crampy old thing down.

Fuzzy - Lol, yes I meant 1.2 cm! It seems like the only thing my body can do through this whole process is generate lining, and go figure I have endo...

Smiley - That's great your clinic is measuring progesterone - mine isn't measuring mine at all, and I wish they would.. I just start PIO the day of transfer? Do they also measure your progesterone on day of transfer?

Misskika- Thank god you got your biopsy results back- Full steam ahead! That must be a relief.

CJ - Oh my gosh, it truly is the never-ending-story for so many of us. The culture media on backorder?! That's a thing? I will have to add "running out of media" to the list of things for me to worry about in the middle of the night. I think that's good you're moving ahead anyway, that's what I would do... Fingers crossed for you.

#27 Cookies123

Cookies123
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 05 September 2020 - 01:08 PM

#28 Seeds

Seeds
  • Just Hatched
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 10:06 AM

So embryo survived thaw and was transferred yesterday. My uterus didn't cramp, worst part was definitely full bladder :)

#29 smiley

smiley
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 02:14 PM

Great news Seeds. Congratulations! Another wait begins. Are you going to HPT? When is your beta? 

I see the signs of AF arriving I suspect tomorrow is my CD 1 and will transfer about 20 or 21 days from tomorrow putting me tentatively at 25th or 26th transfer day if all goes well. 

Good luck to you and all others! 

#30 smiley

smiley
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 02:20 PM

seeds transer 9/6 beta? 

fuzzydust transfer 9/11 

misskika transfer 9/14 

cj123 transfer mid september? 

smiley transfer 9/25 or 26 

#31 Seeds

Seeds
  • Just Hatched
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:54 AM

Smiley - My beta is September 17th. I will definitely be doing HPTs lol, though I'm not sure when I'll start. I would rather be let down gently with negative HPTs, so I can "move on" emotionally more quickly. Though I do have great respect for people who wait until beta - there is no tortured "what if it's not accurate? am I testing too soon, etc" as with the HPTs... do you plan to test early with HPTs?

#32 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 156 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 07 September 2020 - 07:14 AM

Yey! Congrats, Seeds! How are you feeling? :) Glad to hear your transfer wasn't painful!

Smiley- hope AF has graced you with her presence already!

I triggered yesterday so looks like my transfer will be either the 13th or 14th. I find out for sure this afternoon! 

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#33 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • 83 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 07 September 2020 - 01:48 PM

I am set to transfer this month, my first one. I am hesitating, though. I have an autoimmune issue and it is flaring right now; my gut also seems really out of whack. Hard to know what to do as this was already pushed once (a few months ago) due to Covid. I just wish I were feeling my best. I'm already on estrace.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC while trying to resolve issues

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Planning our first FET in spring 2020

#34 smiley

smiley
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:56 AM

Tracyflick- welcome. this journey has such ups and downs hang in there. I hope your doctor has a plan for your that will achieve the best results possible. 

misskika- AF arrived, one step at a time. Congrats on triggering and getting closer to transfer. 

seeds- the wait is tough. I agree it is better to know before the final beta and be prepared for the good or bad news. I also can't stop myself from testing- one of those serial testers. 

cj123- hoping things work out for your transfer. 

#35 cj123

cj123
  • Global 100+
  • 316 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Aurora

Posted 08 September 2020 - 09:12 PM

Seeds - I always have to do HPT.  I can't hold out for the beta.  I like to know ahead of time.  I usually start at two days post transfer.  LOL

I had my ultrasound today.  My lining is at 13 mm, and my transfer is booked for the 17th.  The clinic feels confident that they will have their media by next week so it sounds like we will be transferring!  I'm so excited!  I was worried because I had a lead follicle at 12mm, but apparently it's not an issue!  Yahoo!

Me - 31  Hubby - 31

Trying to conceive since 2012

2013- Husband diagnosed with Congenital Absence of Vas Deferens caused by being a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis

2013 - decided to adopt before pursuing fertility treatments

November 2015 - Our beautiful baby boy is born!  We got to be there for the birth!  He's ours!

May 2016 - Adoption Finalized!!!

After a cancelled IVF cycle and an IVF cycle that completely failed for unknown reasons (22 eggs, 10 fertilized, zero on day five), we have moved onto donor embryos! 

August 2017 - We received three beautiful embryos from an amazing donor family!  

FET #1- One beautiful hatching 5 day blast transferred Oct 11/17 - BFP!!! beta #1- 92 (9dp5dt) beta #2- 297 (13dp5dt)

beta #3- 700 (16dp5dt) beta #4- 3500 (20dp5dt)  

Ultrasound Nov 7 (6w4d) - One little bean, heartbeat of 125 bpm!  Due June 29, 2018

June 19, 2018 It's a Boy!! 7 lbs 2 oz of perfection!

FET #2 - One day 6 Blast transferred Feb 26/2020 - BFN 

One final chance with one final embryo hopefully soon!  Go away Covid-19!

#36 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:03 AM

Tracy- welcome to the group! Have you spoke to your doctors (fertility and others) about your concerns? What do they think? I hope you can find piece of mind as you move through this cycle!

Smiley- congrats on AF, time to get the party started! I used to be a serial tester as well but this cycle I am supplementing with HsG so my tests will not be accurate. Hoping this will lead to reduced stress but who knows!

Cj- thats great news! Keep us updated on your plan!!

Seeds- how are you feeling?

My transfer date is set for Sunday the 13th! Very pumped. Beta is September 22nd. Let this be the one!

TTC 4 years

#37 tabkay

tabkay
  • 88 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:aurora

Posted 11 September 2020 - 09:57 AM

Hello,

Just got a call, lining is at 8, and I am transferring one on September 16 2020. This will be my fourth cycle, with no success yet. 

Let's see how this one goes.

My lining is always in the 8's. Never thicker, although I know they are looking for anything over 6 or 7.

#38 smiley

smiley
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:28 AM

seeds transer 9/6 beta 9/17 

fuzzydust transfer 9/11 beta ? 

misskika transfer 9/13 beta 9/22  

cj123 transfer 9/17

tracyflick transfer ? 

tabkay transfer 9/16 

smiley transfer 9/25 or 26 

#39 Seeds

Seeds
  • Just Hatched
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 10:58 AM

... its unbelievable... I have a faint positive (but definite line) on FRER this morning at 6 days after transfer. Ive never had even a hint of a line in 3 years TTC! Im trying to tell myself that even ifI have a chemical, its the furthest Ive ever gotten so should have hope for future.. fingers crossed the little 3BC hangs in there!

TracyFlick - welcome! I hear you about the frustration with the flares of your condition.. I delayed transfers for almost 5 months because of my endo flares and in the end I just told them to go ahead with this transfer despite flare, the waiting was killing me. Its so hard/ maddening to try and get everything aligned ...

Tabkay- welcome as well! Fingers crossed for this cycle.

Best of luck to all of you getting your transfersSo many coming up in the next week!

#40 tabkay

tabkay
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:25 PM

SEEDS: I am sooooo excited for you, hope it stays and your get a healthy happy baby!! Congrats!!!!

#41 FuzzyDust

FuzzyDust
  • Just Hatched
  • 19 posts
  • My Clinic:SRM

Posted 11 September 2020 - 06:13 PM

Seeds - congrats on being PUPO! And it sounds like it's more then just PUPO now - yeeeeeee! So excited and happy for you! Hold on tight, little embie, and grow!!!

Tracy - Hope your  autoimmune issue clears out and you'll get a successful transfer!

Cj - great news and awesome lining!!! good luck!

Misskika - you're almost there! good luck at the transfer!

tabkay - 8mm lining is actually pretty good! Mine was 8.9 at the check, but it does grow thicker by the time of the transfer. Hope this time will finally be a successful cycle for you!

I had my transfer this afternoon. All went super smooth! Drunk a bunch of water an hour earlier, had to wait 20 mins extra for the bladder to fill. Embryologist actually projected on the screen how he loaded my little embie into the catheter and I also got a card with picture too! Gave it to my husband as a birthday present for him :D I ate McDonalds french fries on the way home (apparently it's a thing with FET), and then a big chunk of pineapple later (also supposed to help :) ). 

Now on to 2WW. Beta is on Sept 20, but I'm definitely planning on testing early :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: 36 DH: 44
I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 - 253, Beta#2 - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  heart.gif 
Sept 2021 FET#3: (one of the XX) BFP, BETA#1 - 161

#42 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:08 PM

Welcome Tabkay. I think we have cycled together before. Wishing you a lot of success on this next step of your journey.

Seeds- what amazing news! Here is to darker and darker tests!! How are you feeling?

Fuzzy- congrats on your transfer!! Love that you got to see them load the embryo and got in those fries! Here is to a lot of positive growth.

I had my transfer today too! Went very smooth, had acupuncture before/after and the doc game me some Valium to not think about full bladder. It was kind of a nice and comfortable procedure lol. Took a photo of my little hatching blast before it was put in and have been watching Love Island all day lol (my brain is getting fried haha) good luck to everyone and sending patience to those who are in the wait!

TTC 4 years

#43 tsm37

tsm37
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 07:42 AM

Ladies, I need your help. In the other thread for August FET, I mentioned that my wife had a BFN and issue was due to implantation failure, so the embryos never implanted to her uterus during the first 7 weeks after the transfer. In other words, my wife was never pregnant in her recent last round. We learned about the BFN on day 14th post transfer(Thursday, September 10th) and she stopped all medications. My wife told me last night that her period is coming. How is this even possible? I thought her period would come sometime in October? 

Wife is suggesting to start another cycle now and to transfer our last PGS-tested frozen embryo. I'm a male and I don't know how ovation works. Do you think my wife is rushing to start another cycle? We just experienced an implementation failure and after all the research that I've done recently, I still don't even know whether there is a way to address it. Does she need some time to rest before starting another round? 

What is your experience may I ask? 

#44 smiley

smiley
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:15 AM

tsm37- If she was on progesterone and stopped it naturally her period would start because progesterone helps to support the uterine lining and when levels decline that's when ones period starts. It's perfectly normal and ovulation should occur in about 14 days or thereabouts depending on her cycle. As for cycling again, my personal opinion is not to wait any longer because there was no implantation to start with there is no "scar" that needs healing. And because I'm older and any additional wait always seems like time lost. Having said that, I'd defer to your doctor's advice. Good luck to you both. 

seeds- congratulations on the positive test. 

misskika & fuzzydust- congratulations on your transfer. 

#45 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 08:43 AM

tsm- i agree with everything smiley stated. i also think your wife probably knows what is best for her to move on mentally. i, like her, have always wanted to jump straight into another cycle to keep the ball rolling. there is no harm in doing this as long as your doctor says it is appropriate for her situation. good luck. 

TTC 4 years

#46 tabkay

tabkay
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:06 AM

TSM: I have also been in the same shoes, and personally for me, it sucks to wait and so I as well want to get started on next cycle right away, specially coz there was no implantation, so there is nothing that needs heeling, in the body I guess.

#47 TracyFlick

TracyFlick
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 10:20 AM

I'm going in for a lining check tomorrow; transfer likely 20th/21st if that's good. I'm feeling much better so I'm going ahead and frankly and worried about resurgence of Covid cases in Ontario (I'm in Toronto) so I feel encouraged to be going forward now instead of waiting. Thanks for the sharing and support.

January 2017 TTC

March 2017 BFP

April 2017 m/c

July 2017 BFP

August 2017 m/c

Stopped TTC while trying to resolve issues

January 2018 Cycle monitoring; two misdiagnoses regarding fertility issues

August 2018 Septate found / uterine septum removal

November 2018 IVF #1: seven eggs, six mature, six fertilized with ICSI, four embryos, two PGS-tested normal

July 2019 IVF #2: 21 eggs; 17 mature, 13 fertilized with ICSI, seven embryos, five PGS-tested normal

Planning our first FET in spring 2020

#48 FuzzyDust

FuzzyDust
  • Just Hatched
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 11:00 AM

Misskika - congrats on joining us in the PUPO-land :) All the sticky wishes to you!

tsm - As Smiley mentioned, the period usually comes within a week of stopping medications that support the lining. If this is your last embryo - I can see why she wants to roll right into the next transfer, so that the outcome is resolved sooner, and you can move on to either being pregnant, or compiling a next step plan. I'd personally chose the same.

Has your wife ever had a transfer that worked (at least in the beginning)? Has she ever done ETA testing? If you're willing to wait one extra cycle, and your clinic does ETA, that might be beneficial. It's pretty much the same as the transfer cycle, but instead of the transfer, they take a sample of uterus lining and check if it's favorable. It helps to identify if a particular person maybe needs a day more or day less of progesterone support before the transfer, for the timing to be ideal for implantation.

Tracy - good luck with the lining check tomorrow!

I'm 3dpt today. 2ww is so emotionally tolling... It's super early, but I'm imagining all the symptoms (and yes, I know that progesterone I'm on can cause a lot of pregnancy symptoms). I'm thinking of starting to test either tomorrow, or the day after B)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  heart.gif 

#49 tsm37

tsm37
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 12:31 PM

smiley/misskika007/tabkay/FuzzyDust: thank you so much for all of your inputs and wish you all luck. I feel more comfortable now. I'm supportive with my wife's decision to go ahead with the last frozen embryo that we have left. It is up to her if she wants to do it. She does not like retrieval and I understand it because of the pain. If the last embryo doesn't work, then we will decide what to do next. Since she still has like 2.5 months left from her work leave, this is another reason she wants to keep the ball rolling. She can request to return to work now, but she doesn't want to keep requesting a work leave and return all the time. 

FuzzyDust: My wife did get pregnant two times: one fresh transfer; ended up with an abnormal embryo; and had to do D&C. Second was a FET but the cells of the embryos passed out of her uterus several weeks after the transfer and she experienced allergy from the patches. The third try was a natural/stimulated FET to let her body to produce progesterone naturally like a few weeks before transfer and supplementing progesterone as needed. The third attempt is our first implementation failure. 

Our doctor never talked to us about ERA. I actually learned about ERA recently and my wife and I will speak with our doctor. 

#50 FuzzyDust

FuzzyDust
  • Just Hatched
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 10:11 AM

I have zero penitence for anything right now lol.png I'm living in my own head and trying to stay sane during the 2ww.

I also peed on a stick today. 4 days post transfer (a hatching blast). I swear, if I turn the test to the light, I can see "a hint of where the line should be". DH can't see it (but I have better eyes, and I don't think he understands what "a line is a line" means lol.png ). I can't really call it a line yet, but this makes me hopeful for tomorrow!

How is everyone else doing so far?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FET, September