Anyone with Olive in Vancouver recently? - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone with Olive in Vancouver recently?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alicia11

Alicia11
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:15 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and start a journey like others. It's lonely, frastrated, and unknownly scary. Looking for buddies in Vancouver so we can exchange information and support each other. My first appointment with Olive was good, that's why I chose this clinic. But the second and third appointment makes me feel like that they are doing this as a factory, the doctor treated me like a job that needs to be done, not a real human. Wondering other woman's choice in Vancouver? Is pcrm better?

#2 MeiAmor

MeiAmor
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:20 PM

I just had my first phone appointment with Dr.Tallon! They are efficient and caring. The clinic was recommended by my family doctor and my OB as well. I believe they will do a good job my dear:) glad to see someone who is on the journey with my!! Thank you

#3 Futuremama1980

Futuremama1980
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 03 September 2020 - 12:08 AM

Had my first baby after 1 round of ivf, one failed ICSI/euploid FET, an ERA test and the finally a successful FET (euploid embryo) at Olive.

2 years later, Im in 2ww after another round of ivf and single euploid embryo FET at age 40 at Olive. 3 euploid embryos retrieved.

Great experience but Im a pretty low maintenance patient. You rarely see the same doctor but everyone I have seen has been great.
Age 36. DH: 38 Dx: one blocked tube (I think ovary on that side is dominant). TTC: 1.5 years
IVF#1: antagonist protocol -Menopur, Puregon, Orgalutron, 12 days of Stim, Trigger = decapeptyl, high estradiol but no OHSS
15 follicles > 12 mature eggs > 9 fertilized > 7 3-day > 7 5 day > 5 6 day sent for CCS, and frozen
CCS: 2 euploid, 1 aneuploid, 2 partial or segmental mosaics (one has an extra fragment of X, the other 14)
FET or another round of IVF??
Prognosis for segmental mosaics embryos??? Study shoes the have the same rate of live birth as euploid or normal embryos!!!

#4 Jerbitts

Jerbitts
  • Global 100+
  • 100 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 21 September 2020 - 09:57 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and start a journey like others. It's lonely, frastrated, and unknownly scary. Looking for buddies in Vancouver so we can exchange information and support each other. My first appointment with Olive was good, that's why I chose this clinic. But the second and third appointment makes me feel like that they are doing this as a factory, the doctor treated me like a job that needs to be done, not a real human. Wondering other woman's choice in Vancouver? Is pcrm better?

Disheartening, I hope you get the right physician who values the job well. 

#5 hopefuldadsomeday

hopefuldadsomeday
  • Global 100+
  • 732 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive Fertility

Posted 18 October 2020 - 04:24 AM

Olive is a busy clinic, so I can understand how you feel the way you do.  However, our main doctor (Dr. Nakhuda) was there for us when we needed him.  Whenever we sent him questions by e-mail, he would answer promptly (some of his e-mails were written at 10pm!).  And after our first failed FET, my wife was able to schedule a phone consult with him to discuss our next steps in more detail.  We were fortunate that our second FET succeeded, but even if it hadn't, I would still recommend Olive.  We dealt with most of the doctors there and only had issues with one doctor, who is no longer at the clinic.  My wife also really liked Dr. Taylor and Dr. Yuzpe. 

March 2016 - Miscarriage #1 (chemical pregnancy)

August 2016 -  Miscarriage #2 (Trisomy-16)

December 2016 - Miscarriage #3 (unknown - suspected chromosomal abnormality)

IVF #1 - Aug 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol) - 9 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 blastocysts, only 1 PGS normal embryo 5BB mitoscore 25.1 (frozen)

IVF #2 - Nov 2017 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol - with testosterone priming and growth hormone) - 7 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 5BB mitoscore 33.12 (frozen)

IVF #3 - Jan 2018 (estrogen priming antagonist protocol with growth hormone) -  4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 1 blastocyst PGS-normal 6BB mitoscore 29.82 (frozen)

FET #1 - March 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining (6.25mm)

FET #1.2 - April 2018 - cancelled due to thin lining again! (4.85mm)

FET #1.3 - June 4, 2018 (lining 7.5mm!) - th_abfn.gif

ERA Aug 2018 - Pre-receptive by 1 day

FET #2 - Sep 18, 2018 (lining 6.9mm) th_abfp.gif  Beta #1: Sep 30, 2018 - 682  Beta #2: Oct 6,2018 - 6656 U/S: Oct 15 - measuring 6w4d (CRL 6.87mm), HR 127bpm! U/S: Oct 25 - measuring 8w1d (CRL 16.69mm), HR 168bpm!  Discharged to midwives!  June 7, 2019: It's a girl!  DD born 7lb 2oz babygirl.gif

FET #3 - Aug 2021?

#6 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3349 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 19 October 2020 - 01:29 PM

I don't have experience with Olive but one thing to consider is that each person has different needs when it comes to care. For me, we have an RE with not the greatest personality, but I completely trust him from a technical perspective. For me, I don't need a salesman and someone that really "cares" about me personally, I want to know that he/she is doing the best for the best outcome. I totally understand if this is not sufficient care for someone else.

• mouse and hopefuldadsomeday like this

#7 Adia888

Adia888
  • 10 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 01 February 2021 - 07:21 PM

Hi Alicia, are you still with Olive? We are currently with them and have found lately the communication really bad. I had a canceled cycle last week and nobody has followed up with us even after I requested a call with Dr. Hitkari to discuss what happened and plan for next steps. Very disappointing.

#8 NE1983

NE1983
  • 4 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM Burnaby

Posted 10 February 2021 - 03:56 PM

Hi Alicia, are you still with Olive? We are currently with them and have found lately the communication really bad. I had a canceled cycle last week and nobody has followed up with us even after I requested a call with Dr. Hitkari to discuss what happened and plan for next steps. Very disappointing.

That really sucks to hear. I have read that a lot about this clinic so decided to go to PCRM, but then lately was told some really great reviews for Olive so I have a second opinion apt set up to see what they have to say incase I have to do another IVF cycle. I really like PCRM though, they are so kind and caring and always get back to my emails, messages in portal and phone calls right away. I just thought I should get another opinion incase all of my transfers fail since I have diminished ovarian reserve and am 37.