September IVF

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MissHelen

MissHelen
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:31 PM

Hi, I am starting my IVF journey in September due to male factor infertility. I’d love to chat with anyone else going through IVF in September. Anyone with me? 

Me: 34 DH: 34

TTC since 9/2018

Dx: MFI

10/19: First RE visit

2/20: DH had surgery for bilateral varicoceles

7/20: IUI with 5 mg letrozole- BFN

9/20: IVF

#2 Elle_mich

Elle_mich
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:NewLife fertility centre

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:40 PM

Hi there!! I am in the same boat we are going to be doing IVF August/Sept and also due to male infertility. Feeling excited, anxious and hopeful 🤞🏼

#3 MissHelen

MissHelen
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:17 PM

Hi Elle, Is this your first IVF? I’m feeling all those feelings as well! I’m excited to be moving forward with IVF since this gives us our best chance at having a baby. But I’m also worried that we could go through this whole process and it may not even work. I’m trying to just take things one step/one appointment at a time.

My DH had a varicocelectomy 6 months ago, and initially it looked like his count went up but when we went ahead with IUI the numbers weren’t so good. Our RE recommended putting our money into IVF instead of trying IUI again. We are taking this month off to enjoy the rest of summer and for a bit of a mental break. I have 2 weeks off in September, so we decided that would be the best time to move ahead with IVF. My next cycle should start around Sept 7th. Are you doing a fresh or frozen cycle? We are doing frozen so we can do PGS. 

TTC since 9/2018

#4 ShadowGirl

ShadowGirl
  • 9 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:35 AM

I plan to start my IVF journey in September too. How are you? Is it your first cycle? I have already had such experience in the past but with donor eggs. Due to my PCOS I couldn't provide good oocytes so the doctor decided that the egg donating program will be the best for me. He was right as it has resulted in the wonderful tiny infant birth. Now, 6 years later, I'm starting a new journey for her sibling. I have changed the clinic and was offered to try with my own eggs. I worry about that as I thought that it is absolutely impossible. My Dr seems to be a fertility geniusyahoo.gif  I hope so, lol giggle.gif ​  

#5 MissHelen

MissHelen
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 03:24 PM

ShadowGirl, this is my first cycle. Glad to hear you had success in the past and that you can now try with your own eggs. Such exciting news! It’s so important to have a dr that you trust, my RE is excellent as well! Do you know when you will be getting started? I’ll be starting stims the week of Sept 7th. I just got my protocol and I’m so excited! Are you planning to do fresh or frozen cycle? 

TTC since 9/2018