#1 Clover83

Clover83
  • 11 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:36 PM

Hi all
Just looking for advice on our next step -
Summary:
Im 36.5, reason for infertility unknown though I may have mild polycystic ovaries.
Dear son is 2.5 years old, from first IVF cycle, fresh transfer. Since then: 3 failed FETs, 2 recent collections not very successful (first had 1 to transfer fresh, second had 1 compacted embryo to transfer fresh, 2 poor quality 6 day embryos now frozen. Lab decided not able to do PGS on them.)
Should we transfer those?? When do we move on to donor eggs? Donor embryos? Starting to lose hope...thanks so much for any advice.
  • ShadowGirl likes this

#2 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 86 posts
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:44 AM

Hi, I am sorry you are going through this. Have you considered combining your treatment with PGS NGS or mesotherapy of ovaries? Good luck x

#3 Clover83

Clover83
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:38 AM

Thanks so much happyfrog
Weve never had embryos make it to day 5 freeze other than two poor quality ones so my clinic said they werent able to do PGS. I dont know what NGS or mesotherapy are but Ill look them up!

#4 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 86 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:19 PM

mesotherapy treatment to ovaries or ovarian is a treatment that can benefit women with low egg reserves who are experiencing infertility. Alhough in case of mild polycystic ovaries, egg quality might not be the issue.

#5 ShadowGirl

ShadowGirl
  • 9 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 14 August 2020 - 05:14 AM

Hi all
Just looking for advice on our next step -
Summary:
Im 36.5, reason for infertility unknown though I may have mild polycystic ovaries.
Dear son is 2.5 years old, from first IVF cycle, fresh transfer. Since then: 3 failed FETs, 2 recent collections not very successful (first had 1 to transfer fresh, second had 1 compacted embryo to transfer fresh, 2 poor quality 6 day embryos now frozen. Lab decided not able to do PGS on them.)
Should we transfer those?? When do we move on to donor eggs? Donor embryos? Starting to lose hope...thanks so much for any advice.

I am not a dr to give you any advice but only can tell my own story. I am 40, have a great daughter from egg donation from my first husband.  I married for the second time and want to have more children but afraid to go through all of this again. My DH supports me a lot and we decided to check some clinics for the treatment. I have PCOS and was considering an egg donation program but have found a doctor who gave me the hope to have our own baby. In case my AMH is at least 2-3, I'll have a chance. We will have a chance! I have done all my tests and AMH turned out to be 2.6 so my hope is rising as well as chances. Now I'm going to book a flight to Ukraine to start my treatment. Miracles happen so don't lose your heart and continue fighting. Maybe change the clinic or the doctor. It also may help you. Sometimes we just need to change the circumstances or surroundings to effect the desired result. Baby dust, dear xx

#6 Clover83

Clover83
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 04:32 PM

Thank you so much happyfrog and ShadowGirl - Im so grateful for the responses and wish you the best of luck.
  • ShadowGirl likes this

#7 Cotton2

Cotton2
  • 29 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:13 PM

I would transfer the two in the freezer. They were good enough to freeze so its worth a shot. You should discuss the pros and cons of planning on transferring both since they're low quality. 

#8 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 36 posts
  • My Clinic:Pcrm

Posted 06 October 2020 - 09:51 AM

What clinic in the Ukraine did you choose?  I am trying to muddle through all these clinics and make a choice.  Thank you:)

#9 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 11:38 AM

ShadowGirl - you are really brave, from what I know Ukraine has a great issue with COVID, stay safe and good luck!