8 replies to this topic

#1 zuchron

zuchron
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:38 PM

Hi there,

Does anyone have experience with Nahal Fertility Clinic located in Richmond Hill Ontario? The Doctor is D. Mazidi. 

Any inputs are really appreciated!  

#2 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 735 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:33 PM

I actually asked for a consult with Nahal and am waiting to hear back from them. My girlfriend recommended them after she had a successful pregnancy with the clinic. Prior to this, she had three early losses at her former clinic (Repromed). She isn't with the doctor you mentioned though, she saw Dr.  Rahbar. She

did say that they are a much smaller clinic and more personable and really liked the protocol they were using. Also, the doctor knows a lot about embryology and apparently acts as both the IVF doctor and embryologist. 

#3 zuchron

zuchron
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:12 AM

I actually asked for a consult with Nahal and am waiting to hear back from them. My girlfriend recommended them after she had a successful pregnancy with the clinic. Prior to this, she had three early losses at her former clinic (Repromed). She isn't with the doctor you mentioned though, she saw Dr.  Rahbar. She

did say that they are a much smaller clinic and more personable and really liked the protocol they were using. Also, the doctor knows a lot about embryology and apparently acts as both the IVF doctor and embryologist. 

Thank you very much, Grace for your reply!  It is very small clinic compared to other popular ones.  Do you mind to share what treatment (i.e. IUI or IVF or else) your girlfriend had at this clinic to have the successful pregnancy?  

It's glad to know you will probably be with this clinic as well :)  We can share the progress along the way!  

#4 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 735 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:46 AM

Hi Zuchron, 

you are very welcome. Yes of course, she did IVF with her own eggs. Her protocol was much different from that of Repromed but she had success. She did BCP, waited for her cycle to start. Once it started began the estrace protocol. She did Vaginal estrace 2mg, 3x/day and progesterone suppositories, four times a day, start two days after egg retrieval. She did not use anything else. At Repromed, they had her on baby aspirin and an anti-coagulant drug. The clinic did ICSI with assisted hatching. She thinks taking less medication was the trick for her. Sometimes, too much may have the opposite effect I guess. I am waiting to hear back from them so hopefully I can have my consult. I have a donor though since my ovaries don't work well. Have you had your consult with them?

#5 zuchron

zuchron
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

Hi Grace,

Thank you for all the details!  Your girlfriend was so lucky.  Hope we are too! (fingers crossed)   Yes, I had my consult with the Dr. and he suggested IVF.   I just started my journey and haven't tried anything else yet, and am learning all kinds of "terms"  :P

I am not too sure whether i should proceed with IVF directly..... But on the other hand, IUI has lower chance of success and probably would waste time.  I am old enough though (40+) lol  

Even though I am with a different Dr, probably the protocol would/should be the same, since it's the same clinic?  I'm still deciding/hesitating.... 

#6 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 735 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:25 AM

Hi, 

Yes I am sure that they all share the same protocol that is best suited for the patient. I know that IUI procedures do have a lower success rate but sometimes they can be successful. I guess they want you to go straight into IVF to increase your chances but be sure that is what you want to do. Did they give you reasons beside the lower success rate of IUI for you not to attempt it at least once? My friend was very lucky but I feel this whole process is a numbers game. Some win and some lose unfortunately. For me, I have not been successful and the whole journey has been gut-wrenching. If you need any help along the way, please do not hesitate to ask.

#7 zuchron

zuchron
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 08:30 AM

Hi Grace,  

The another reason besides the higher chances, is my age.  Dr. said the sooner the better. I kindly agree as I don't want to waste my time although I just started the journey.  I also have fibroids but not sure whether this is concerned for IUI. 

I hope I can see the Dr in person and have a tour at this clinic, before my decision.  Due to the pandemic, I just had phone conversation with the Dr.  It's a big decision for me and I feel uncomfortable say yes, without seeing them at all.  I still have some questions to be clarified and I'll see how it goes.  I'll let you know. 

Hope you will hear back from them soon. 

#8 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 735 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:52 AM

Yes, please let me know. I still have not heard back from them. Maybe it's because they are so overwhelmed with the backlog. I understand age is a factor and I wouldn't want to waste time either. Please keep me posted and I will do the same.

#9 zuchron

zuchron
  • Just Hatched
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:11 PM

Hi Grace,

I spoke to the clinic but they refused my request of in-person visit or even a video call.  I feel a bit of disappointment and will have a just phone call with the Dr in 2 weeks. 

The nurse seems rush when answering my questions... 

Please keep me posted once you hear back from them.   Good luck!