First Round of Progesterone Shots - Am I Pregnant? Or is Progesterone Delaying my Period - General Infertility - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

First Round of Progesterone Shots - Am I Pregnant? Or is Progesterone Delaying my Period

Progesterone Infertility PCOS Clomid

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lex2493

lex2493
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:12 PM

Hi all, I'm new here! I'm driving myself crazy with my current situation, and thought maybe I could get some answers from people who may have experienced a similar situation. 

This cycle I was on Clomid and so was my husband. I was low on progesterone, so this was the first month I started progesterone injections, which I was supposed to stop with either a positive pregnancy test, or on the first day of my period. (We are not yet doing IVF, we're still trying through intercourse with meds as needed for a few more moths). 

I'm currently five days late, and I just had a confirmed negative blood test this morning. I'm sure I sound insane -- but for whatever reason I don't totally believe the blood test. I was pregnant once before which ended in an early miscarriage, and I feel very much the same as I did then. 

In my first pregnancy, I took 4 at home tests all of which had very faint lines. Is it possible I'm just not producing high levels of HCG? Could I still possibly be pregnant? Or is it possible that the progesterone is just delaying my period? 

I'd love to learn if anyone else has had delayed periods from progesterone injections, or if they've experienced something similar. 

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any feedback anyone can give me! :)

#2 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 750 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:33 PM

I have done progesterone suppositories as well as injections with my ivf cycles. Normally, I go in for blood tests 10 days after transfer. If negative, I stop all medication and get my period within a week. Blood tests are pretty accurate when determining pregnancy hormones. 

• lex2493 likes this

#3 Cotton2

Cotton2
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 14 July 2020 - 02:50 PM

If you have enough HCG to shut down your period it should show up on a blood test. 

• lex2493 likes this

#4 lex2493

lex2493
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:37 AM

I have done progesterone suppositories as well as injections with my ivf cycles. Normally, I go in for blood tests 10 days after transfer. If negative, I stop all medication and get my period within a week. Blood tests are pretty accurate when determining pregnancy hormones. 

Thanks for sharing your experience!! I guess I just feel so strange, and like I'm not going to get my period. Today will be the first day without a progesterone injection so hopefully I'll get it soon so we can start the next cycle. 

#5 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 750 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:34 PM

lex2493, I fully understand how you feel and it's only  natural to hold on to hope when trying. Now that you have stopped your progesterone, your period should start within a few days. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Progesterone, Infertility, PCOS, Clomid