Mini IVF advice....

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 N1111

N1111
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:00 PM

My doctor just recommended mini IVF for my next cycle. Im 40 and I have done two cycles of regular IVF. I only seem to get one or two embryos. I produced 10 eggs my first cycle and got 4 mature and 2 embryos. My second cycle I had 9 follicles and I thought I would get 4 mature eggs but I only got 2 eggs and only one mature. So he wants a to try something different being that I dont respond well to Hugh meds. Any advice would be great if anyone has tried this protocol ?

#2 Cotton2

Cotton2
  • 20 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:21 AM

I haven't done a ministim cycle but I have read that if your reserve is that low you're just wasting money on meds, possibly even lowering your chance of success because high meds sometimes impacts egg quality. Other advantages of mini of is they're cheaper and because there is no chance of over stimulation you can do them back to back to bank embryos.  

#3 N1111

N1111
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 06:09 PM

Thats what I have heard also. My doctor doesnt think the high doses were helping me. So he wants to try two cycles. They are a bit cheaper and should be cheaper for meds for sure

#4 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 84 posts
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:52 AM

I can't help with personal experiences, but from what you mentioned it might be a good direction.