Neupogen for FET?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 85-25-19

85-25-19
  • 9 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 09 July 2020 - 02:46 PM

Hi, just wondering if others have undergone Neupogen during their FET cycle after a failed PGS normal FET?

My RE has suggested some tests that my DH and I have to undergo (chromosomal and clotting) but then also mentioned that I would more than likely need to take Neupogen for my next FET.

I have DOR. 1 poor retrieval resulting in no good eggs, and 1 retrieval with only 2 good eggs - both PGS normal and great quality. First FET failed at just over 5 weeks with a positive beta that was doubling and now the last frosty is awaiting transfer in August/September. RE wants to complete tests to determine why the first failed before transferring another.

Would appreciate anyone's experience with Neupogen for their protocol. Thanks.

#2 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 748 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:18 PM

I have used Neupogen twice for my cycles this was after three failed Fet's. Unfortunately it did not work for me for both fet's. The drug is very expensive and one vial does not last long at all. The amount to inject is based on your weight. I had to purchase it every four days. The vial was $250.00. Thank goodness my benefits covered most of it. Regarding side effects, I didn't have a problem with it at all but I wasn't happy putting more drugs into my system. I guess when you are so desperate, you would try anything. The last Fet I did in 2019 was without Neupogen and that ended in an ectopic pregnancy. Now I have to start a whole new donor egg cycle but to be honest, I am stalling. I think I am at the point where I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. I hope you have success with it though. You never know, it can make the difference for some and not for all. 

#3 85-25-19

85-25-19
  • 9 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 14 July 2020 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a huge fan of added drugs either. But, I feel like I have to try. I'm doing a pre transfer investigation right now so fingers crossed they can figure it out.