DHEA success?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 N1111

N1111
  • 84 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:06 PM

Has anyone had success taking DHEA? I have done two cycles of IVF so far and my last cycle wasnt great. I took DHEA for both. I was on 25 mg , 3 times per day as per my doctor recommendation. I never had low levels and he isnt concerned about it being harmful. He recommends for quality and stims. Anyone had success stores for me ? I keep wondering if I should go off of it or reduce it?

#2 Maybe

Maybe
  • 32 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:28 PM

25mg tid is a lot. It can increase testosterone which can do more harm than good. 25mg is reasonable

#3 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3282 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:53 AM

Has anyone had success taking DHEA? I have done two cycles of IVF so far and my last cycle wasnt great. I took DHEA for both. I was on 25 mg , 3 times per day as per my doctor recommendation. I never had low levels and he isnt concerned about it being harmful. He recommends for quality and stims. Anyone had success stores for me ? I keep wondering if I should go off of it or reduce it?

This is the same dose that I was on as directed by my RE. Different REs will have different perspectives. To your point, I'm not sure that the DHEA did anything for me and I did have lots of side effects after a while.

#4 N1111

N1111
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

This is the same dose that I was on as directed by my RE. Different REs will have different perspectives. To your point, I'm not sure that the DHEA did anything for me and I did have lots of side effects after a while.

#5 N1111

N1111
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

#6 N1111

N1111
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

I am not really having Side effects so Im pretty lucky. What type of side effects did you experience

#7 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3282 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 10 July 2020 - 12:08 PM

Acne like I've never had before, insomnia, darkening of the skin of the upper lip and perhaps even some darker hair which I never have, hair loss, oily skin...those are the ones I remember.