August FET

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#176 Precious_Baby

Precious_Baby
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 04 September 2020 - 02:57 PM

Hugs to babyforQ. You must be heartbroken from all of this. Take a break and let your heart heals.

Did the doctor said anything about why?

#177 Daisy.Eriksen

Daisy.Eriksen
  • Global 100+
  • 446 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 04 September 2020 - 03:05 PM

Thread crashing to send hugs to BabyForQ. Im sorry its been such a heartbreaking three years. So devastating when there doesnt seem to be any reason for it not to work. Hope you are able to take care of yourself and find a way to move forward, however that might look. ❤

TTC since 2013

Unsuccessful IVFs 2014-2016

Unsuccessful known egg donor cycle 2018

Donor Egg Bank Assured Refund plan 2019

Two unsuccessful DE transfers 2019

Unsuccessful DE transfer 2020

More about my journey in my profile

#178 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:14 PM

BabyforQ - my heart breaks for you! Im so sorry for such a disappointing outcome.

Tsm37 - my one and only BFP I had no symptoms at all for the longest time (First 6+weeks) so its certainly not a bad thing!

#179 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 178 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 05 September 2020 - 01:20 PM

Thanks all for your hugs and support. I wont speak to the doctor until next week, but I know sometimes these things are about odds.

Good luck to you Precious_Baby and twm37.

Me: 39 DH: 41

Low Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained

Round #1

IUI Feb 2015 BFN

IUI with injectables Mar 2015 BFP!!! DD born Dec 2015

Round #2

Started TTC April 2017

IUI #1 Dec 2017 BFN

IVF #1 - 13 retrieved, one PGS normal embryo

FET #1 - March 2018, BFN

IVF # 2 - 11 retrieved, two PGS normal embryos

FET #2 - July 2018, BFN

FET #3 - Dec 2018, BFN
IUI #2 - March 2019, BFN

IUI #3 - June 2019, BFN

IVF#3 - 10 retrieved, one mosaic embryo

FET #4 - November 2019 BFP!!! MC 8 weeks +2

Switched Clinics

IVF #4 - 9 retrieved, two PGS normal embryos

FET #5 - June 2020, BFN

FET #6 - August 2020, BFN

Out of normal embryos and we've decided no more IVF. We will try IUI since it helped me conceive in 2015

IUI #4 November 2020

#180 tsm37

tsm37
  • 56 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 06 September 2020 - 10:23 PM

BabyforQ: a big hug for ya.

#181 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 07:11 AM

Oh BabyforQ- I am so sorry. Sending you a lot of big hugs and I wish you a lot of healing ahead on your journey. <3

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

3rd IVF cycle, 3rd FET-  BFP,  due June 1 heart.gif

#182 Precious_Baby

Precious_Baby
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 10:36 AM

Negative for beta test. I have two lower grade frozen embryos left. Hope the next one is the one.

TSM, good luck to you and your wife!

#183 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:48 PM

Sorry to hear Precious Baby. This group has had no luck!

#184 tsm37

tsm37
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:49 PM

Precious: sorry to hear that....

My wifes first beta/hcg is scheduled on Thursday. Im anxious.

#185 tsm37

tsm37
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:41 PM

My wife and I are both devastated. BFN. We finally discovered that HCG on day 7th after transfer was extremely low and HCG today, the 14th day post transfer, came out to be extremely low as well. HCG never went up over the past two weeks.  I suspect that implantation never happened even during the first few days after the transfer. My wife didn't experience much symptoms. Of those symptoms that she experienced, they were probably progesterone triggered. I really don't know what to do anymore. On the 7th day, the nurse just told my wife that progesterone and estrace level were okay but did not bother to tell her the HCG level. When I saw the day 7th report today and saw the HCG level, I was like "WTF". With that extremely low HCG level of 0.2 on day 7th, a BFN conclusion could have been drawn at that time and the whole process would have been terminated at that point. 

This is our third failure and second failure with PGS normal embryos. Lining was right. We did intralipid. Everything was at optimal level prior to transfer. We did two full week of bed rest. We already spoke with whose who succeeded and followed what they did. We still ended up losing a boy and a girl. I have lost a total of four PGS normal embryos. I've really started losing confidence in IVF and even this doctor. This seems like a lottery. Wife is crying like crazy. 

#186 Maybe

Maybe
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 11:51 PM

Just no words to describe how I feel reading all BFN... I recently went through devastating loss of a precious embryo, which was found after numerous IVF rounds and when, we had lost all our hopes and were trying to switch mind to other possibilities.

Yes, @tsm37.. a boy and a girl. I mourn a boy everyday. The pain, I wish on nobody. There is no solace, no remedy for this loss. Let the time heal it (which I dont believe when people tell me).

I am so sorry for all the BFNs. I hate this word and wish, we all never have to see this again! Amen.

#187 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 178 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 11 September 2020 - 07:20 AM

Precious_Baby and tsm37 - I am so sorry it didn't work out. This process is so unfair and so completely devestating. Sending you both strength as you heal and process the news.

Me: 39 DH: 41

Low Ovarian Reserve/Unexplained

Round #1

IUI Feb 2015 BFN

IUI with injectables Mar 2015 BFP!!! DD born Dec 2015

Round #2

Started TTC April 2017

IUI #1 Dec 2017 BFN

IVF #1 - 13 retrieved, one PGS normal embryo

FET #1 - March 2018, BFN

IVF # 2 - 11 retrieved, two PGS normal embryos

FET #2 - July 2018, BFN

FET #3 - Dec 2018, BFN
IUI #2 - March 2019, BFN

IUI #3 - June 2019, BFN

IVF#3 - 10 retrieved, one mosaic embryo

FET #4 - November 2019 BFP!!! MC 8 weeks +2

Switched Clinics

IVF #4 - 9 retrieved, two PGS normal embryos

FET #5 - June 2020, BFN

FET #6 - August 2020, BFN

Out of normal embryos and we've decided no more IVF. We will try IUI since it helped me conceive in 2015

IUI #4 November 2020

#188 Precious_Baby

Precious_Baby
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 01:10 PM

Tsm, I am sorry for your loss. It is heartbreaking when your embryos didnt implant. In a way, I felt I lost a baby when the FET failed. The fertilized embryo had our genes. I know it is silly to think that. I questioned what else did I do wrong. When I had the follow up with my doctor, he said maybe my body dont response well to the meds, maybe the uterus condition wasnt right, maybe the embryo quality wasnt good and couldnt go further, so many possible reason which can never be proven. I felt like it is my fault that cause the failure but I know I followed all the instructions.

Your clinic should have told you the low HCG on day 7. At least your wife could have stopped her meds. Who really needs all that meds when the HCG is almost zero. That would have saved her a week of bed rest and let her body return to normal. After I learnt about my BFN, I got back to gardening, at least to keep my mind off the result. Life is unfair. Some people are lucky, some face more challenges. After a fall, take time to get back up.

#189 tsm37

tsm37
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 01:12 PM

Thanks everyone....

The doctor confirmed that it was an implantation failure. I was told that there is nothing to improve the chance of implantation as it is a "random" process. The embryos didn't make it to the uterus.  Two PGS-tested normal embryos injected separately and not even one implanted. The doctor was apologetic and persuading my wife to try another around with our last PGS-tested day-6 hatched girl embryo. I'm somewhat skeptical about everything right now, though I know it would be a waste of not trying the last embryo. I'm an analytical guy by profession and I feel like math and probability cannot even estimate the chance of success. I'm 40 and my wife will turn 36 soon. 

I'm very upset at the people at the clinic. I'm not a medical worker and even I know a 0.2 hcg is a BFN with very high accuracy. My wife did not have to go through another week of injection, medication, etc. 

#190 Islandgirl138

Islandgirl138
  • 8 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:43 AM

I just want to say Im sorry for you and your wifes loss Tsm37..
My DH and I went through 2PGS normal egg losses too, also 2 before that but we never tested those ones.
We had 1left over PGS normal embryo and decided to do one more round of IVF and got 3 more PGS normal embryos.
Currently I am 11 weeks from 1 of the embryos.. it may take time for some ppl but theres a rainbow 🌈 at the end of the storm. I wish you nothing but gods hope and faith, thats all we had. Our doc told us its just luck and what I did differently this round was checked my vitamin D and iron levels and found they were super low. All the best Im routing for yous