189 replies to this topic

#51 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:43 AM

BabyforQ- how did by your ERA go?

AFM - I had my day 8 scan and bloodwork this morning. Nothing much new to report!
  • melissa87 likes this

#52 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 04 August 2020 - 07:28 AM

Just had a day 12 lining check. It was 0.76 which is low for me but As of now Im fluid free (last month a had a cancellation due to fluid). So I have to come back Friday to hope that Im still fluid free with a thicker lining. Im on patches not oral estrace, anyways Im really really hopeful for this cycle. I hope everyone else is doing well!

#53 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:26 AM

Hi ladies, glad to hear that everyone is progressing and getting closer to transfer!

Today I will start my ERA protocol as I got my period over the weekend. It all begins! For those who have had ERAs- does it hurt? I forgot to ask the Dr about that part.

Sending you all good vibes!

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#54 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 04 August 2020 - 09:45 AM

Melissa87 - great first lining check and good news theres no fluid. Do they want you to get to 8mm?

Misskikka - the ERA only hurts for a moment then there is a bit of cramping and spotting. I had mine Thursday and am now waiting for my new cycle. Its taking a little longer so far, but I guess thats because I didnt have the same level of medication.

#55 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:28 AM

BabyforQ- Thanks! Yes, at least 8 ideally more. Never had a lining under 12 before so its kinda new to me but I think its the different meds. They also want to make sure the fluid doesnt return.

Thats great about your ERA I hope your new cycle starts soon!

#56 Emico

Emico
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 04 August 2020 - 04:13 PM

Hello everyone,
It is my first time to do IVF. I just started my period 4 days ago and Im on birth control pill.

Im not sure if we do FET or fresh...lots of unknown and uncertainty. But I wanted to reach out people who are going through.

I hope everyones journey go through well.

#57 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:23 PM

Welcome Emico! Hope this cycle is a huge success for you :)

It has now been 7 days since my ERA and 7 days since the last time I took Prometrium and no AF...I am actually keen for it to come so I can get started! Usually after I stop progesterone I get AF within 4 days so I have no idea what's going on. I am going on vacation to a cottage for a week starting Saturday and would ideally like to get started regardless. I find September is just too crazy and stressful to have the added layer of a FET. I also know doing a FET right after an ERA can be beneficial. Argh...

#58 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 12:32 PM

My FET is scheduled for the 11th! Is anyone else transferring in the next week or so?
  • melissa87 likes this

#59 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:07 AM

I am waiting on a call from my doctors. I just had a lining check and it's consistent at 0.76 but they think they saw some fluid. Apparently, it's barely there. So I have progestrone and either I will go back in a few days for a lining check again or I will start progestrone and do an ultrasound two days before the transfer and pray they see nothing

#60 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 11:40 AM

So apparently I don't have fluid, but my lining still isn't triangular. They want it to be before they go ahead. So hopefully my lining grows before my next appointment on Tuesday!

#61 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:02 PM

Melissa- sending good vibes for some lining growth! Grab some raspberry leaf tea over the weekend, maybe it will help give it a boost!

Newtothis- congrats on your transfer date!

Welcome Emico!!!

BabyforQ- thanks for the ERA intel, that sounds not nearly as bad as most of the procedures on this journey haha. Have you started your period yet?

AFM, I think the letrozole is starting to give me side effects. Today I have all of a sudden became super anxious (like the physical kind of anxious, not mental) and heartburn. I have never had these side effects with letrozole before, but then again, every time I have been on letrozole before I had also been taking stims or trying to get estrogen from stims out of my body. Has anyone else had these type of side effects with letrozole?

TTC 4 years

#62 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 07:19 AM

Newtothis - so exciting to have your FET booked!! Very exciting!!

Melissa - sorry your lining has thickened, how frustrating!! I second Red Raspberry Tea, as well as Pom and beet juice (I mix them because the taste of Beet juice isnt great). Hope it thickens up!

Misskikka - I dont recall having any side effects from Letrozole. At least its only for 5 days. Hope you feel better soon!

AFM - AF finally arrived. 8 days after my ERA. Oh well - time to move forward!! This puts me having a FET right at the end of August - like the 28 or 29. Im off to the cottage for a week vacation so hopefully the relaxation vibes will help with my lining growth.

#63 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:45 PM

Thank you, for the lining advice!! I don't know anything about letrozole but I hope you adapt to the side effects soon!

quote name="Misskika007" post="2722823" timestamp="1596841335"]

Melissa- sending good vibes for some lining growth! Grab some raspberry leaf tea over the weekend, maybe it will help give it a boost!

Newtothis- congrats on your transfer date!

Welcome Emico!!!

BabyforQ- thanks for the ERA intel, that sounds not nearly as bad as most of the procedures on this journey haha. Have you started your period yet?

AFM, I think the letrozole is starting to give me side effects. Today I have all of a sudden became super anxious (like the physical kind of anxious, not mental) and heartburn. I have never had these side effects with letrozole before, but then again, every time I have been on letrozole before I had also been taking stims or trying to get estrogen from stims out of my body. Has anyone else had these type of side effects with letrozole?[/quote]

#64 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:48 PM

Thanks I've been drinking the raspberry lead tea like crazy but I've never thought about Beet Juice and POM ill given that a try! Enjoy your vacation!

Newtothis - so exciting to have your FET booked!! Very exciting!!

Melissa - sorry your lining has thickened, how frustrating!! I second Red Raspberry Tea, as well as Pom and beet juice (I mix them because the taste of Beet juice isnt great). Hope it thickens up!

Misskikka - I dont recall having any side effects from Letrozole. At least its only for 5 days. Hope you feel better soon!

AFM - AF finally arrived. 8 days after my ERA. Oh well - time to move forward!! This puts me having a FET right at the end of August - like the 28 or 29. Im off to the cottage for a week vacation so hopefully the relaxation vibes will help with my lining growth.

#65 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:37 PM

I had my transfer on Friday. It seemed to go well and my blood test will be on Aug 21. 

Good luck to everyone!

• melissa87 likes this

Me: 37 DH: 36

TTC since 2014

IVF #1: November 2016

ER: Retrieved 5 eggs, 5 fertilized, ended up with 4 five day blasts

Fresh ET Nov 2016: BFN

FET w/ ICSI #1         Feb 2017: BFP,  M/C Apr (Lost at 7 weeks, found out at 14, had D&C)

FET  w/ ICSI #2       June 2017: BFP,  M/C Sept (Lost at 9 weeks, found out at almost 13 weeks, had D&C)

FET w/ ICSI #3        April 2018: BFN

IVF # 2: January 2020

ER: Retrieved 15 eggs, 10 fertilized, ended up with 7 five day blasts

Fresh ET Jan 2020: BFN

FET w/ICSI #1          Aug 2020: BFN

5 frosties left, likely not cycling again until next spring.

#66 Aug_baby

Aug_baby
  • Just Hatched
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Mount Sinai

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:57 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. I had my IVF freeze all cycle in March. Then covid happened.

Undergoing my first FET this month, and had a CD15 scan today. Lining is 11mm and triple, so I'm scheduled for transfer on 17th.
Starting Progesterone on Wed.. any tips to prep for the ET?
  • melissa87 likes this

#67 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:27 AM

Had a CD 21 scan today and given the issues I had last month I'm happy to say there's still no fluid! But my lining won't grow infact a different ultrasound tech said it shrunk but my RE says it's possibly because it was another ultrasound and a different person measuring. Anyways that's super frustrating but I'm back in for another lining check on Friday!

#68 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 12:41 PM

Wannabemama- congrats on the transfer!!! When is you beta? Sending lots of patience over!

Aug_baby- welcome! Congrats on some great lining! I think for transfer the best thing is just to be as relaxed as possible :) Some people do acupuncture before/after treatment as there is some research that it can increase implantation rates and there is an old wives tale that McDonald's french fries should be had on the way home from the clinic! ;) 

Melissa- that's great that you have no fluid!!! One big barrier crossed. Hope that your lining continues to grow and you can transfer soon enough!

I am just waiting for ovulation right now and will trigger within the next couple days with Ovidrel. Lining looks great and ERA will be 6 days after that! Was having a chat with the ultrasound tech today and she was making me a bit nervous about the ERA biopsy. Hope it goes smoothly and I don't freak out from the pain ha ha.

• melissa87 likes this

TTC 4 years

#69 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:47 PM

I had my transfer today. A 3BB. Beta is scheduled for the 24th!

#70 Aug_baby

Aug_baby
  • Just Hatched
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:34 PM

Thanks Misskika.. trying to be as relaxed as possible and I also do Yoga, so that helps. Any excuse to have fries is good🍟😃

All the best Newtithis!

Melissa - hope your lining thickens this week. Are you taking vaginal Estrace as well?

#71 Precious_Baby

Precious_Baby
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 10:21 AM

Hi ladies, I am waiting to do FET for baby #2. My doctor started me on Estrace and did the first lining ultrasound. Now we are waiting to hear back from the clinic for a transfer date (he does the procedure at another clinic). I hope I get to do this by end of August! The clinic is quite backed up on patients. So my doctor said it might be 2 months wait. If thats the case, I will be on Estrace until then. I am already anxious, the hormonal drugs will really blow my emotions up. Thats life with IVF/FET. Lots of waiting couples with drugs that drive us crazy.

#72 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 09:02 AM

Welcome Precious_Baby! I’ve never been on estrace, what does it do for you?

#73 Precious_Baby

Precious_Baby
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 09:40 AM

The purpose of Estrace is to prevent ovulation and thicken the uterus lining. It is a form of estrogen. I am feeling the side effects already: bloating, nausea, wants to vomit. Hope these feelings will subsides as my body get used to high dose of estrogen.

Newtothis11, How are you feeling after the transfer?

#74 Aug_baby

Aug_baby
  • Just Hatched
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 10:25 AM

I have been on Estrace 8mg for priming the lining this cycle, having similar side effects as Precious_baby.. but it has made my lining good.

It becomes better after starting Progesterone though.

#75 Emico

Emico
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 13 August 2020 - 11:09 AM

Welcome Emico! Hope this cycle is a huge success for you :)

It has now been 7 days since my ERA and 7 days since the last time I took Prometrium and no AF...I am actually keen for it to come so I can get started! Usually after I stop progesterone I get AF within 4 days so I have no idea what's going on. I am going on vacation to a cottage for a week starting Saturday and would ideally like to get started regardless. I find September is just too crazy and stressful to have the added layer of a FET. I also know doing a FET right after an ERA can be beneficial. Argh...