189 replies to this topic

#26 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:51 PM

BabyforQ- wow that is super super frustrating! I hope Dr. G has a new trick up her sleeve to help your lining grow. But yes, at least this is a mock cycle and you can start to figure things out. Wishing you lots of lining growth- has anything new been recommended? Seems like Carter has some great advice!

Melissa- awesome! Wishing you lots of good vibes for this cycle!

I wait until I get my period now! Should come around the first week of August and if ERA is normal, we should be good for a transfer last week of August/first week of September!

Thank you so much! Good luck with your wait! I know how hard it is! I am so hopeful my last cycle was canceled because of fluid and Im so optimistic this will work so I can avoid surgery/ more waiting!

#27 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:22 AM

My appointment was good! They gave me estrace in the patch form because of my previous cancelled cycle and issues with fluid. I go back on August 4th for a lining check :)

#28 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 23 July 2020 - 12:18 PM

Great news about your appointment Melissa87! Do you have a sense of when you might transfer?

I had a lining check today and it went really well! Thank you for all your advice and feedback. My lining is now 6.8 and I'll go back tomorrow for another check then will likely get triggered over the weekend with my ERA late next week. Phew :) 

#29 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:43 PM

Great news about your appointment Melissa87! Do you have a sense of when you might transfer?

I had a lining check today and it went really well! Thank you for all your advice and feedback. My lining is now 6.8 and I'll go back tomorrow for another check then will likely get triggered over the weekend with my ERA late next week. Phew :) 

Good for you Im glad you are making progress. And thanks . Well if things are good on the 4th between the 10-12th. If they find fluid again then it will obviously be longer or cancelled.

Since getting home today Ive had some nausea. I actually find the patch harder to deal with then estrace orally . Any one have experiences with it? Any advice ?

#30 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:43 PM

Good for you Im glad you are making progress. And thanks . Well if things are good on the 4th between the 10-12th. If they find fluid again then it will obviously be longer or cancelled.

Since getting home today Ive had some nausea. I actually find the patch harder to deal with then estrace orally . Any one have experiences with it? Any advice ?

#31 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:30 PM

Fingers crossed Melissa87! 

I was back at the clinic today and my lining is looking beautiful (woohoo!) so I will trigger and start prometrium tomorrow with my ERA booked for July 30 :) 

#32 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:58 PM

Thanks and congrats on the beautiful lining!!

quote name="BabyforQ" post="2722481" timestamp="1595611823"]

Fingers crossed Melissa87! 

I was back at the clinic today and my lining is looking beautiful (woohoo!) so I will trigger and start prometrium tomorrow with my ERA booked for July 30 :) [/quote]

#33 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:22 PM

My day 1 started today so Im likely to transfer the 2nd or 3rd week of August. Im doing a natural cycle since thats what worked for me when I had my son! This is my last frozen embryo so Im really hoping it works!
  • melissa87 likes this

#34 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:28 PM

Arg 24 hours after my period totally stopped Im having break-through bleeding. Now o have to wait until tomorrow morning to call the clinic and hope that somehow this is normal. Im stressed out because like all of us I just want this to work.

Just as an aside Im not on estrace orally because my last cycle was cancelled as a result of fluid instead Im trying the patch

#35 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 11:33 AM

Fingers crossed Newtothis!! Are you doing a full natural or modified (with Letrozole or something?)

Melissa - I had break through bleeding my last cycle for 4 days and everything was totally fine. My lining just had more to release. I sort of thought of it as my body really wanting to get rid of the old to welcome the new. My lining didnt really start to thicken until CD12 and it was over 8 by CD 15. So hopefully it all ok and this wont set you back at all. Hang in there!

#36 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 02:56 PM

BabyforQ - I believe it will be full natural. I wont take anything until the transfer and then Ill take progesterone suppositories. Maybe you can clarify something for me...are medications used prior to the transfer simply to ensure your lining and hormones are in the right levels? So theoretically if I dont have issue with either of those then I can confidently do it all naturally? I believe that was the thought behind going natural...this was all decided last year so I forget some of the details!

Does anyone know the protocol for swimming (in a lake) after the transfer? My transfer will occur during my cottage vacation and Ive read mixed things on whether swimming is advised or not.

#37 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 03:18 PM

Fingers crossed Newtothis!! Are you doing a full natural or modified (with Letrozole or something?)

Melissa - I had break through bleeding my last cycle for 4 days and everything was totally fine. My lining just had more to release. I sort of thought of it as my body really wanting to get rid of the old to welcome the new. My lining didnt really start to thicken until CD12 and it was over 8 by CD 15. So hopefully it all ok and this wont set you back at all. Hang in there!

Thanks for sharing that! Makes me feel better!

#38 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:20 PM

Newtothis - I think there are two schools of thought - full natural or modified natural where they give you a low dose stim (Letrozole in my case - for 5 days) which helps thicken the lining. Oddly enough my lining did it thicken at all during the 5 days on the stim meds but really picked up after. I guess if your body can do it all on your own - thats way better! I feel way better during this ERA cycle without the estrace. Never realized how off it made me feel!

#39 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:19 PM

BabyforQ - May I ask where you are on your fertility journey? Are you trying for a first baby or a sibling? What does ERA stand for?

#40 Misskika007

Misskika007
  • Global 100+
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 09:27 PM

BabyforQ- great that your lining started to cooperate! Hope that your ERA goes well! :) 

Melissa- Hang in there! Sending good vibes!

Newtothis- Re: swimming, after my previously two transfers I was told to avoid baths, swimming, hot tubs or jacuzzis (anything submerged) for two weeks after transfer (so pretty much until beta). Your clinic may have different advice but I was told that this was to avoid any unnecessary infections following transfer!

Me: 36, Hub: 36

TTC 4 years

Beginning 3rd IVF cycle- hopefully 3rd time's a charm! heart.gif

#41 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 10:10 PM

Misskika007- thanks for that info. Not what I wanted to hear, but Id rather be safe than sorry!

#42 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 05:17 AM

BabyforQ- great that your lining started to cooperate! Hope that your ERA goes well! :) 

Melissa- Hang in there! Sending good vibes!

Newtothis- Re: swimming, after my previously two transfers I was told to avoid baths, swimming, hot tubs or jacuzzis (anything submerged) for two weeks after transfer (so pretty much until beta). Your clinic may have different advice but I was told that this was to avoid any unnecessary infections following transfer!

BabyforQ glad your lining is starting to corporate!

My bleeding stopped relatively fast and I was only cycle day 5 so basically the clinic told me not to worry about it.

#43 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 09:23 AM

Melissa - I'm so glad it stopped! I'm sure it is your body's way of getting ready and emptying out smile.png

Newtothis - I am currently trying for my second. I had my DD in Dec 2015. We have been trying for 3+ years for #2. I have done 3 IUIs, 4 retrievals and had 5 FETs, one of which resulted in a MC at 8 weeks. Its been a long journey...We have one more PGS normal embryo - so fingers crossed! This will be my first natural FET and it has been positive so far this cycle. ERA stands for Endometrial Receptivity Array - which means they do a mock cycle and on the day they would have done the FET they take a biopsy of the endometrium to see if the day they planned to transfer is your most receptive. It could mean you need an extra day of progesterone or maybe less - it helps them time it to the hour so you can maximize you body's readiness to accept the embryo.

• melissa87 likes this

#44 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:57 PM

BabyforQ - what a long journey...! To conceive your first did you also have a similar process? The ERA sounds interesting, I wonder why they dont do that process with everyone right away to avoid all the guesswork. So are you doing an ERA this cycle or a transfer?

#45 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:41 PM

Newtothis - I was pretty lucky the first time. I conceived after my second IUI - but ultimately still needed help. I have my ERA on Thursday - which would put me on track for a transfer the week of August 24. From what I understand it would also act as an endometrial scratch which can help a bit too...but I guess time will tell!

#46 Dory

Dory
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:30 PM

Hey everyone!! Looks like Ill be joining you all with a transfer the end of August! This will be my 4th or 5th transfer, I cant even remember lol Hoping this will be my last trip from nl-Calgary! I see some familiar names here, I hope this is everyones lucky cycle!!
Im currently on day 8 of suprefact and have a few more days of birth control left then I wait to start my period. Transfer is scheduled for the week of August 24!
  • melissa87 likes this

IUI- tried 4 times with no luck

IVF #1-Dec 2015. Transferred one day 5-BFP. Baby boy arrived Aug, 2016

FET #1-Aug 2018 transferred one day 6-BFN

FET #2-Nov 2018 transferred two blasts- BFN 

IVF #2-April 2019 retrieved 37.....15 embryos are now frozen.

FET #3-July 2019 transferred 1 4aa BFN

FET #4-Nov 2019 transferred two day 5- Miscarriage at 6 weeks

FET #5 April 2020 transferring 2 day 5 embryos- 4bb 3bb

#47 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:36 PM

Melissa - I'm so glad it stopped! I'm sure it is your body's way of getting ready and emptying out smile.png

Newtothis - I am currently trying for my second. I had my DD in Dec 2015. We have been trying for 3+ years for #2. I have done 3 IUIs, 4 retrievals and had 5 FETs, one of which resulted in a MC at 8 weeks. Its been a long journey...We have one more PGS normal embryo - so fingers crossed! This will be my first natural FET and it has been positive so far this cycle. ERA stands for Endometrial Receptivity Array - which means they do a mock cycle and on the day they would have done the FET they take a biopsy of the endometrium to see if the day they planned to transfer is your most receptive. It could mean you need an extra day of progesterone or maybe less - it helps them time it to the hour so you can maximize you body's readiness to accept the embryo.

BabyforQ- WoW what a process youve gone through. Im trying for my second too. My first FET was successful (well one of two stuck). Although I did have to have some prior surgeries to remove polyps and both my tubes. Anyways after a cancelled cycle on our first attempt for a sibling and possibility of another surgery because of fluid issues, Im sometimes surprised at how discouraged I get. I love my daughter and am grateful for her but all I want to do is give her siblings. I know its different then trying for my first, but for some reason I thought it would be easier/less stressful..: anyways all of that is to say, I cant fathom what youve gone through to have a second child and I really hope this works for you !

#48 Newtothis11

Newtothis11
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 11:32 AM

BabyforQ - I got lucky with my first as well, just 1 round of IVF. So this is my second (and last) embryo from my second round of IVF. I had an endo scratch last month in preparation for this month. It worked with my last pregnancy so hopefully it will work this time too! Ill be transferring sometime around the 15th
  • melissa87 likes this

#49 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:29 PM

I had my scan today and found out my transfer will be on August 7! smile.png

This medicated protocol seem to be working really well for me so far.

Me: 37 DH: 36

TTC since 2014

IVF #1: November 2016

ER: Retrieved 5 eggs, 5 fertilized, ended up with 4 five day blasts

Fresh ET Nov 2016: BFN

FET w/ ICSI #1         Feb 2017: BFP,  M/C Apr (Lost at 7 weeks, found out at 14, had D&C)

FET  w/ ICSI #2       June 2017: BFP,  M/C Sept (Lost at 9 weeks, found out at almost 13 weeks, had D&C)

FET w/ ICSI #3        April 2018: BFN

IVF # 2: January 2020

ER: Retrieved 15 eggs, 10 fertilized, ended up with 7 five day blasts

Fresh ET Jan 2020: BFN

FET w/ICSI #1          Aug 2020: BFN

5 frosties left, likely not cycling again until next spring.

#50 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for the support Melissa87!

Welcome Dory! I think we have cycled together before :) Looks like we will be transferring around the same time!

Wannabeamama - so exciting you have a transfer date! Woohoo! Nice its on a Friday too as that will give you the weekend to relax. 

Newtothis - Hopefully this will be our cycle for success! Can't believe its already the end of July!

AFM - ERA biopsy today! It will at least give us some answers.

• melissa87 likes this