Any success story after failed implantation of top quality embroy s a.. - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Any success story after failed implantation of top quality embroy s a..

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Motherof3

Motherof3
  • 14 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Kingswill

Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:39 PM

I had a negative beta test today. Which means that my two top quality embryos transferred did not implant. I'm so confused on what could have caused the failed implantation with uterine lining @12 and trilumiar.

Please for those that have experienced it before what did you do differently to ensure implantation?

#2 Motherof3

Motherof3
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:30 PM

I really need answers

#3 returnable

returnable
  • 1000+
  • 3241 posts
  • Interests:travelling,gardening,cooking
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Trio, cycle monitoring at Lakeridge

Posted 27 June 2020 - 01:52 PM

Motherof3 I am so sorry about your result. Even if all the stars align, your embryo is perfect and your lining is perfect, there's still only a 55-65% chance of a transfer resulting in a pregnancy. Was this your first transfer? Have a discussion with your RE as each person's body and experiences are different.

• annatarz79 likes this

#4 Maybe

Maybe
  • 30 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 27 June 2020 - 07:44 PM

As returnable said; top quality PGS tested normal embryo has 60-65% implantation success.

Mine AA quality PGS-normal embryo with lining @13, trilaminar, Failed.. I even had ERA and receptive done due to my age 41, and very precious embryo after 3ivfs... I even had endometrial scratch (polypectomy + small fibroidectomy done a month prior to transfer)... my REI was ecstatic while transferring (which was wrong) but she says it was slam dunk.. but still didnt work

This is immensely disheartening.

Prior Hx of miscarriage or normal pregnancy definitely adds to better odds but no guarantee.

#5 Motherof3

Motherof3
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:31 AM

@maybe, so sorry to know you are also going through this. What do you intend to do differently next cycle? I really need ideas.

As returnable said; top quality PGS tested normal embryo has 60-65% implantation success.

Mine AA quality PGS-normal embryo with lining @13, trilaminar, Failed.. I even had ERA and receptive done due to my age 41, and very precious embryo after 3ivfs... I even had endometrial scratch (polypectomy + small fibroidectomy done a month prior to transfer)... my REI was ecstatic while transferring (which was wrong) but she says it was slam dunk.. but still didnt work

This is immensely disheartening.

Prior Hx of miscarriage or normal pregnancy definitely adds to better odds but no guarantee.

#6 Motherof3

Motherof3
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 07:33 AM

@returnable thanks though that's my second transfer with a very good embroys. The embroys in the first transfer wasn't good enough.

I will just go for another cycling believing for a better outcome.

Motherof3 I am so sorry about your result. Even if all the stars align, your embryo is perfect and your lining is perfect, there's still only a 55-65% chance of a transfer resulting in a pregnancy. Was this your first transfer? Have a discussion with your RE as each person's body and experiences are different.

#7 Maybe

Maybe
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:54 AM

Currently going through different stages of grief and disbelief. I wake up startled several times a night.

No plans as of yet. May be another cycle hoping for embryo, which was so difficult to find during last 3cycles... and then what? I have done everything already and hope for miracle next time has slimmed down tremendously.

Did you have prior pregnancies or first time trying?
How old are you, meaning hope for normal embryos?
Did you do ERA and receptiva before this last transfer?

#8 From0to3

From0to3
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:31 AM

I am so so sorry you are going through this Motherof3 ... any miscarriage or failed implantation after ivf is so devestating that there isnt even a word to describe the feeling. Ive had 2 'perfect' hatching blasts fail to implant as well after doing everything right : acupuncture, supplements, bed rest, will power, prayer. My RE was so confident, I was completely emotionally unprepared and even more unprepared when the next perfect blast resulted in a miscarriage even after seeing the heartbeat. Those were embryos from my first cycle at 36. My next at 37 resulted in 6 mediocrely graded embryos and my three children and 2 embryos on ice. IVF is an absolute nonsensical lottery and we have zero control over the results. I can say that after my miscarriage I was WAY less emitionally invested to protect my heart and didnt do ANY of the suggested activities from my first cycle. With my youngest, I even lugged around 30 pound toddlers and went swimming - a far cry from any bedrest. I wish there was a magic formula to suggest to guarantee success but what the clinic never tells us is how random the results are and how little control we have in influencing the end result. Big hugs.

IVF#1:17 Eggs, 4-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfn.gif

FET#1: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif m/[email protected] th_agrr.gif 

IVF#2: 5 Eggs, 5-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif Boy/Girl Twins born DEC 2013 babygirl.gif babyboy.gif 

FET#2:Transferred 1: th_abfp.gif Baby Girl born July 2016 babygirl.gif  

2 Frosties Remaining.

#9 Motherof3

Motherof3
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 10:51 AM

@maybe grief all you can and get yourself up and going. We will fight through till we achieve result. Nothing can console me but to have my babies. As for your questions, I'm 35, never been pregnant before. Haven't done ERA yet will suggest that to my RE During my next cycle. I told my RE that I'm ready for another cycle. He suggested that I wait for my menstrual cycle to Start so we get the drugs out of my body.

I also heard that back to back cycling has greater chance of producing numerous follicles.

Keep me updated on your plans.

Currently going through different stages of grief and disbelief. I wake up startled several times a night.

No plans as of yet. May be another cycle hoping for embryo, which was so difficult to find during last 3cycles... and then what? I have done everything already and hope for miracle next time has slimmed down tremendously.

Did you have prior pregnancies or first time trying?
How old are you, meaning hope for normal embryos?
Did you do ERA and receptiva before this last transfer?

#10 Maybe

Maybe
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:21 AM

Yes. Age is on your side and number of normal embryos is easier to achieve.

Next time, get ERA done, as well receptiva (inflammation score) if your RE finds it appropriate. Although, none of this ensures success but ERA definitely helps somewhat.

Wish you best of luck and hope for the same for myself and everybody on this boat !

#11 amazing grace

amazing grace
  • Global 100+
  • 738 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:43 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your failed cycle. As stated above, nothing is guaranteed with ivf. Like many above, I have done one donor egg Ivf cycle which yielded 15 embryos. 8 of the embryos were top. Nothing led to a live birth. Out of that, I had a termination at 17 weeks due to a birth defect incompatible with life, five failed fet cycles, a miscarriage and an ecotopic. I have done every test under the sun, ERA, Endo scratch, endo biopsy, the works and nothing helped. Sometimes as in my case there are just no answers as to why it works for some and not for others. 

• returnable likes this

#12 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 80 posts
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:58 AM

I am sorry to read your story. Unfortunately, there are too many reasons why implantation fails. A friend of my sis had genetic issues, and only IVF PGS NGS worked out for her. 

#13 tsm37

tsm37
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 11:00 PM

In my wifes second IVF attempt (it was a FET), we failed with two PGS tested normal embies. Just so you know that the grade of the embies and the normality of the embies are two different things. You can have high quality embies but they can still be abnormal. Abnormal embies will almost always lead to implantation failure. After a failed implementation, the tissues either from DNC or automatic passing could be sent to lab to check for abnormality. Our first IVF (it was a fresh) failed because of abnormal embies. Since then, we did PGS/PGD on like 13 embies, only five came back normal. Again, normal embies still failed.

Hatching blastocyst. You will likely hear that hatching blastocyst has better chance for implementation. When you do PGS/PGD, the embryologist will need to drill a hole and take some cells for testing so PGS/PGD usually will lead to hatching blastocyst. If you dont do PGS/PGD, you can still poke a hole in the embryo (I Think ) and thats called assisted hatching. Anyhow, you will also hear mixed opinions about drilling a hole in the embryo.

We also learned that one potential issues for implantation failure could be the bodys natural killer cells. Because in FET, embies injected to the uterus are sort of considered foreign objects and the woman bodys natural killer cells could fight the embies, causing the embies not to implant. If you were going to do FET, you cAn ask your doctor to check the body NK level and there is something called intralipid that can help lowering the NK level. Some ladies in New York (because Im from NYC) had successful FET with and without intralipid. You will hear mixed opinions about intralipid.

Blood circulation is important.

Embies will need to stick to the lining. My wife used estrogen patches in the failed FET, and those patches caused allergy, so even today, we never figured out whether her body was able to absorb the estrogen from the patches. From this experience, no more patches going forward ever. She is taking estrace orally now.

Wife did a stimulated/natural FET last Thursday and transferred two normal embies. we did everything that we could to potentially address a number of issues learned from previous attempts. We hope this time will work. Everyone is different. Things that work on one might not work on another person.