Greece ivf

27 replies to this topic

#1 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Pcrm

Posted 23 June 2020 - 08:24 AM

Anyone else going to Greece, or has anyone else gone to Greece for IVF? Would love to have a friend there going through the same thing.

#2 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 80 posts
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 08 July 2020 - 11:29 AM

I can't be your friend on your journey, sorry. Myself I know a few persons with 1st time success in Poland, Czech Rep, and Spain, including me. However, I came across positive reivews of clinics in Greece, so you are in good and experienced hands. Good luck

• Canadiancandice likes this

#3 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 05:11 PM

Thank you, if all goes as planned, I leave on Wednesday!

#4 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:54 PM

So Interested to see how this is going? What clinic you went to etc. Its so unbelievably cruel how expensive it is here compared to there!!!

#5 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:56 PM

I'm off to embrylabs, my first visit is July 20th if all goes well. Still have to brave the plane this week and pass my covid test. Feeling anxious but excited.

#6 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:31 PM

Keep me posted please, dh and I are considering this option!!!

#7 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 12:34 AM

How are things going?? Did you make it safely to Greece

#8 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:49 AM

We are here! It's beautiful. We go to the clinic tomorrow. Unfortunately my husband has to go back to work ASAP. We own our company and found one of the employees stealing from us. We have been great employers. Took out staff to Mexico, pay above average. Last year we were down financially and so we had to cut things this year and I dived into the financials and saw the discrepancies. So we have a bit of stress here as my dh only got a week and we are now freezing his sperm. I will do this alone now: (. I will let you know how Monday goes. My husband is here with me a few more days.

#9 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:50 AM

This is my doctor

https://lifesubjects...alis-kiriakidis

#10 Patty1

Patty1
  • 32 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:n/a

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:16 AM

Good luck in Greece. I was wondering don't you have to quarantine for 14 days when you get back?

#11 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 07:02 AM

Yes, when I go back to Canada I have to quarantine for 14 days.

Went today. Everyone at the clinic are incredibly nice. No rushing use. Lots of information. They took their time explaining EVERYTHING to us. I start injections tonight and go back on Friday to see how things are going.

#12 Patty1

Patty1
  • 32 posts
  • My Clinic:n/a

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:24 PM

Yes, when I go back to Canada I have to quarantine for 14 days.

Went today. Everyone at the clinic are incredibly nice. No rushing use. Lots of information. They took their time explaining EVERYTHING to us. I start injections tonight and go back on Friday to see how things are going.

If you don't mind me asking how long will you stay in Greece?  I was planning on going but I can not go past 5 days and the quarantine part is difficult too. 

#13 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 10:08 PM

Omg first off thats horrible about your staff!!!
Im so glad youre safe and enjoying so far. Please keep us posted and wishing you a successful cycle and a really nice little getaway!! Youll do great!

#14 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:46 AM

Looks like I will be in Greece at a minimum a month and a half. I don't think it would be possible to only have 5 days. On approximately cd1 you do your ultrasound and start injections, scan 4 days later to check progress. Then add in more drugs. Then the extraction, I think a few days later, then about 5 days after that, when the egg and sperm have had time to really start and grow, you do insertion. The thing is, gonal-f and progen, often make your uterine lining thinner. I was not told this before and thought there was a problem with me! So if my urine lining is thin we might freeze the blastocyst and let my body have 1 or 2 natural cycles and then insert into a natural uterine lining. That means I'm here for months as the expense to go back and forth and the quarantine at home and the covid numbers at home are much higher. I am all set up to work from here, just the time change is a challenge. And my husband has to leave: (.

#15 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 06:48 AM

thanks for sharing, keep my fingers crossed x

#16 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:55 AM

Hi everyone. We did the egg extraction, I had 7 mature eggs. 6 of them are fertilized and doing well!!!! Go for embryo transfer on Monday or Tuesday:). My uterine lining is still a bit thin but building with the medications, so my doctor seems positive about my situation. He came in after the extraction and said he had good news, very good news. Then he wrote me an email later about the growing embryos saying he is excited for me and he is wishing me the best and he would see me next week. I am loving this clinic so far. Trying not to get my hopes too high as we have been going through this for years with all the highs and lows, but eeeek, come on baby:)

#17 Abi

Abi
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:35 PM

Best of luck and baby dust! Great that you love your experience with the clinic!

Let us know how your transfer goes.

AMH 1.03ng/ml, FSH 8-9; MF: 1-2% morphology.

IVF 1(38): Antagonist (no priming), converted to IUI, 4 follies day 7: 13.8; 9.7; 20.8; 12.4. BFN

IVF 2(38): MDLF (BCP) with HGH 

#18 islandecho

islandecho
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:11 PM

Ya congratulations!!!

#19 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:21 PM

Keep fingers crossed

#20 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 12:10 AM

So I got the negative test results yesterday. I will say that being here and getting that news is way better then being in Canada. I wasn't allowed in the water while taking the vagina pills, so, I went for a swim after I quit crying. I meet with the doctor to plan the next round on Wednesday. How is everyone else holding up?

#21 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:53 AM

I am sorry to read your story, and keep everything crossed. x

#22 MeiAmor

MeiAmor
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:18 PM

Finger crossed for you!

#23 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 12:13 AM

Thanks ladies. It's really hard and I'm alone and it's the second round. My lining was still thin on Monday, they doubled my meds and I go in on Friday to check again. I'm eating a ton of fruit and all Greek salad. Very little else, just so much fruit and vedge, I'm exercising and meditating and trying to not stress. And even with all that I know it's all out of my control. Ugh. I really wish my husband was here. He is almost done work and should return to me soon. It's really hard for him too, not being here, having to work.

#24 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:09 PM

My uterus is not getting enough blood. They do not know why. I go for a hysteo....something on Thursday to try and figure out why. It does not look like I will be able to carry my own baby. I will however be able to use a surrogate with my own embryos. Life can be real hard at times. How are you ladies?

#25 Maybe

Maybe
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:18 PM

Hi canadiancandace .. i am so sorry for all the trouble you are going thru.. iVF journey is beyond painful for some of us. ... wish and pray you find your happy desires destination soon 🤞🏻...

I am thinking of traveling to Greece too. Is it possible that we connect to share more info ?! I would appreciate your help 🙏🏻