• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Summervibe

Summervibe
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 18 June 2020 - 03:44 PM

Anyone starting IVF in July? 

This will be my first IVF, looking for cycling buddies!

I will be on Gonal F, Menopur, Orgalutran .

• Casper88 likes this

#2 OakvilleMama

OakvilleMama
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Mt Sinai

Posted 19 June 2020 - 03:48 AM

Hello Summervibe! Im currently priming and will start stims in the begging of July. Im doing the microdose flare protocol. This is my third cycle but first time with this protocol.

#3 Summervibe

Summervibe
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:47 PM

Hi OakvilleMama,

Exciting! My period will come around July 2 and then i will start stims. 

We will probably be doing egg retrieval around the same time!

• Hopeful Yogi Mama likes this

#4 Abi

Abi
  • 15 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 20 June 2020 - 01:07 PM

Hi, Summervibe and OakvilleMama!

I’m about to start our 1st IVF (was not sure if I should be joining this group of the June one). I received my meds today (Gonal-f, Menopur, Ganirelix), and am waiting for my period to start within the next 3 days. They didn’t put me on BCP, so I don’t know the exact day we start. I live in the US. My insurance doesn’t cover IVF, so ordering and receiving my meds feels like a milestone in this journey.

AMH 1.03ng/ml, FSH 8-9; MF: 1-2% morphology.

IVF 1(38): Antagonist (no priming), converted to IUI, 4 follies day 7: 13.8; 9.7; 20.8; 12.4. BFN

IVF 2(38): MDLF (BCP) with HGH 

#5 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 36 posts
  • My Clinic:Pcrm

Posted 21 June 2020 - 07:39 AM

Hi all, I'm planning on going to Greece this July. Cd1 is supposed to be this Thursday. Then I call the clinic in Greece and we set up travel, which is scary at this time. My husband's work schedule is crazy so I have to go without him for the first week, week and a half, then he will join me far a bit. I am hoping to be there for the month, but with all this added travel and travel related expenses, I might be there 3 months! I am trying to be chill but wish my hubby could be with me the whole time without his company blowing up. With c19 everything is so sensitive. Hopefully I can be July buddies with you all!

#6 Abi

Abi
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 06:38 AM

Canadiancandice,

Traveling/work surely add stress but also distraction, and it sounds like you guys have some good plans. Hope everything runs smoothly for you!
  • Canadiancandice likes this

IVF 1(38): Antagonist (no priming), converted to IUI, 4 follies day 7: 13.8; 9.7; 20.8; 12.4. BFN

#7 Summervibe

Summervibe
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:51 AM

Hi, Summervibe and OakvilleMama!

I’m about to start our 1st IVF (was not sure if I should be joining this group of the June one). I received my meds today (Gonal-f, Menopur, Ganirelix), and am waiting for my period to start within the next 3 days. They didn’t put me on BCP, so I don’t know the exact day we start. I live in the US. My insurance doesn’t cover IVF, so ordering and receiving my meds feels like a milestone in this journey.

Hi Abi,

I am so excited for you! Best of luck! I will also be on Gonal F, Menopur and orgalutran instead. They didnt put me on BCP too. My friend who is doing it around same time as me will be on BCP beforehand. Apparently, it will help timing the whole IVF better. 

Keep updating! Would love to hear from you. My period will come around July 2, i guess i will receive my meds next week then! 

I am super worried about not having enough eggs from egg retrieval, but i guess this is out of my control and i have to learn to relax!!  

#8 Summervibe

Summervibe
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:54 AM

Hi all, I'm planning on going to Greece this July. Cd1 is supposed to be this Thursday. Then I call the clinic in Greece and we set up travel, which is scary at this time. My husband's work schedule is crazy so I have to go without him for the first week, week and a half, then he will join me far a bit. I am hoping to be there for the month, but with all this added travel and travel related expenses, I might be there 3 months! I am trying to be chill but wish my hubby could be with me the whole time without his company blowing up. With c19 everything is so sensitive. Hopefully I can be July buddies with you all!

wow. You can do it Candice!! This is definitely not easy and i wish you a smooth journey! Maybe go for walks, do some light exercises, watch some Netflix shows and time will go by quickly! I stayed home for 3 months now for the pandemic and i am getting so used to it. Everyday, I am just watching tv shows, doing 30 mins walk and make sure i drink enough waters and eat my vitamins hahaha. 

#9 Abi

Abi
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 02:47 PM

Summervibe,

I have a feeling that we will be very close with our days! So happy we can talk about it! I'll wait for any of your updates.

Any day this week is within the normal range for my period to start. I'll need to call them on day 1 and have my baseline ultrasound and blood tests on day 2, and if everything is ok, I'll start with Gonal and Menapur the same day.  

I understand your concerns about not having enough eggs. I just turned 38 this month, so I'm worried about the number of eggs but most importantly about their quality Sometimes it's very hard to stop overthinking. Reminding myself that I'm not in control of the number of eggs, their quality, fertilization, etc. Trying to see and live the life that doesn't stop just because I'm going through IVF, but need a lot of self reminders.

We can do it!

#10 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:33 PM

wow. You can do it Candice!! This is definitely not easy and i wish you a smooth journey! Maybe go for walks, do some light exercises, watch some Netflix shows and time will go by quickly! I stayed home for 3 months now for the pandemic and i am getting so used to it. Everyday, I am just watching tv shows, doing 30 mins walk and make sure i drink enough waters and eat my vitamins hahaha. 

THan

Thanks Abi!  Nice to hear some positive feedback.  I appreciate it.  Yep, lots of walking, water and vitamins, healthy eating.  All should be easy there:)

#11 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

Oh my gosh, one of my girlfriends did her transfer in Greece! She had a wonderful experience, and now has a beautiful baby boy smile.png Wishing you all the best!

• Canadiancandice likes this

#12 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:52 PM

Oh my gosh, one of my girlfriends did her transfer in Greece! She had a wonderful experience, and now has a beautiful baby boy smile.png Wishing you all the best!

#13 Canadiancandice

Canadiancandice
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:54 PM

Hi hopeful!
So happy to hear about your girlfriend! I just started my cycle yesterday, so I'm glad to be with all you ladies!. I'll be a month behind because I'll start IVF on the next cycle if I can get out of Canada:). Thinking of you ladies this cycle! ❤️♥️

#14 Abi

Abi
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 08:27 AM

I had my baseline ultrasound/lab work and started my meds yesterday. Gonal F (300), Menopur (150). Going back on Sunday for another ultrasound/lab work. Since it's my 1st IVF, they don't know how my body will respond, so the dosage might change.

Every time they look at my left ovary during u/s, it hurts, but they keep saying that everything looks normal. I looked at my water sono results from 2 weeks ago, and it looks like this ovary is smaller than the right one. Anyways, it seems like they have a hard time seeing it, so they move and push the wand which causes noticeable discomfort. I don't have this problem with the right ovary. I'm a little bit concerned about it.

#15 Summervibe

Summervibe
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 09:11 AM

I had my baseline ultrasound/lab work and started my meds yesterday. Gonal F (300), Menopur (150). Going back on Sunday for another ultrasound/lab work. Since it's my 1st IVF, they don't know how my body will respond, so the dosage might change.

Every time they look at my left ovary during u/s, it hurts, but they keep saying that everything looks normal. I looked at my water sono results from 2 weeks ago, and it looks like this ovary is smaller than the right one. Anyways, it seems like they have a hard time seeing it, so they move and push the wand which causes noticeable discomfort. I don't have this problem with the right ovary. I'm a little bit concerned about it.

Hi Abi,

We are probably on the same meds! Dont worry too much just yet. Maybe the ovaries are sensitive during this time, even though you just started sims. Pay attention if the left ovary still hurts again next ultrasound. It's just your first appointment, don't over panick yet!! pray that you will have some nice follicles growing.

#16 Abi

Abi
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:24 PM

Thanks, Summervibe! Can't wait for you to join me in this journey. :-) The shots yesterday were not bad at all, although I'm terrified of injections due to my really bad childhood experience with them. If you're on the same meds, I think they shouldn't bother you either. 

My pain is definitely not caused by the meds. I've had it every time during my pre-ivf u/s (no meds). It just dawned on me that it's always on the left side, and that they always have to push and move the wand hard to get a good image of the left ovary. I'll make sure to bring it up during my app on Sunday.

#17 D-Nice

D-Nice
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:HART Fertility

Posted 25 June 2020 - 01:10 PM

Hi everyone. I will also be starting my first IVF this coming July. For those that have purchased medications already can I ask roughly how much was spent?

#18 Abi

Abi
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 04:22 PM

Hi D-Nice! 

Not sure if it’s relevant since I’m in the U.S., but I paid ~US$7,000. This includes my stimulation meds (Gonal f, Menopur, Ganirelix) + trigger (Ovidrel and Leuprolide, I was advised to have both as it’s not clear at this point which one I’ll need) + meds in case we decide to go with a fresh transfer (estradiol patches and Crinone). Your price depends on your dosage. My insurance doesn’t cover any fertility medication.

#19 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:36 AM

Wow @Abi that's a lot.

I am also in the US and my insurance doesn't cover IVF either but my costs came to a total of about $700 or slightly less. My RE is part of a practice that is affiliated to a teaching hospital and we use the hospital pharmacy and somehow we get a discount on these drugs. 

Omnitrope the growth hormone was the most expensive= $269 for two vials. I ended up needing a third vial but they sold me two not just one. I don't know why so ended up spending $538 on omnitrope in total. I have one untouched vial remaining. 

The others were leuprolide, menopur, progesterone (PIO) and the trigger (hcg) all totaling about $140.  I was also going to add that Leuprolide is an ovulation suppressant not trigger. 

Good luck to all the July IVF ladies! 

• Abi likes this

#20 Abi

Abi
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:48 AM

Hi bibz!

I was following your story and was so happy to find out about your good results. Congratulations! Sending baby dust your way.

Wow, you got very lucky with your meds!! I paid $1,846 just for Menopur (24 vials). I ordered through Freedom Fertility, as it would have been even more if I did it through CVS (my regular pharmacy). Mandell's pricing (another online pharmacy) was even higher that Freedom Fertility... Oh well, I know for sure that it's my only chance with IVF. We won't be able to do it again. It literally took me years to save for it. 

According to my doc, for my trigger I needed to order Ovidrel and Lupron, and we'll decide which one to use based on my response to medication. icon_question.gif

#21 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 01:43 PM

@Abi thanks for the kind words. I guess this a critical period during development so hoping and praying for the best. 

Yes, I remember I also had a bunch of menopur vials :) I heard the same that if I went to my regular pharmacy CVS or Walgreens etc. I would have to pay a bunch. You do what works for you. I understand how difficult this journey can be. Glad you at least have this opportunity to try. As for the drugs, your doctor know best I am sure!  

Wishing you the best with stimming. I will be lurking on here and posting when needed seeking comfort/support and giving it too when needed. 

#22 Casper88

Casper88
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:00 PM

Anyone starting IVF in July? 

This will be my first IVF, looking for cycling buddies!

I will be on Gonal F, Menopur, Orgalutran .

#23 Casper88

Casper88
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 26 June 2020 - 04:00 PM

We are staring our transfer on June 30th. It's my first time too.

#24 Abi

Abi
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 09:37 AM

Good luck @Casper88.

I had my ultrasound/bloodwork today. Out of all the things that I was worried about, I haven't thought about this one - apparently, they saw some fluid, and in very rare cases it can indicate that ovulation has already occurred... What?! I'm only on day 5 of my cycle... They said that not often but it can happen due to meds.  sad.png  They checked my progesterone and should call me later today to let me know the results and/or if we need to cancel the cycle, or if my Estradiol and progesterone levels are fine, and it's just some fluid from my last cycle... So far, I haven't had any side effects from the meds, and I actually feel really good and healthy, which seems to be weird. sad.png

#25 Paris2020

Paris2020
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:45 PM

Hi Everyone, could you refer me to an ivf doctor or clinic that you had a good experience with, my AMH is low and my current doctor cancelled my ivf procedure due to lack of eggs in the ultra sound cycle monitoring :(