Slow response to stims

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 N1111

N1111
  • 88 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 June 2020 - 10:44 PM

I went For my First ultrasound IVF. My AFC count was only five with three on one side two on the other. Today I went in for my second ultrasound and they counted five on one side with one being very small and then on the right side they were only two. The left side was responding really well and growing and the right side was not growing. Im really worried. Has anyone had this happen to them where one side response better than the other. I know its still early and I go back on Sunday for more monitoring.

#2 brea

brea
  • 60 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 12 June 2020 - 08:53 AM

N1111: This hasn't happened to me specifically but I don't think it's unusual for one ovary to respond better than the other. Mine had different numbers. And sometimes even when counting they may miss one or two of them. I think the accuracy improves as the follicles grow larger. Also, keep in mind quality may trump quantity. Hang in there till your next U/S and see how things are progressing.

#3 N1111

N1111
  • 88 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:00 PM

I know I think I panicked last time as well and they told me it was too early to let them grow. Im really hoping theyre going to catch up. He had change the protocol and so I was hoping I would get a better response. I guess Ill have to wait till Sunday to see what those extra days it for growth and development