4 replies to this topic

#1 SMPK

SMPK
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 22 April 2020 - 01:19 AM

Hi everyone,

Just curious if anyone has ever experienced a dramatic drop in ovarian reserve from one year to next during ivf? If so, any success?
Thx:)

#2 Cotton

Cotton
  • Global 100+
  • 361 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 24 April 2020 - 10:26 AM

I haven't had repeat AMHs but the months around my IVF cycle by AFC has been 10, 15 and 20. The month we actually retrieved eggs I had the AFC of 15, 13 eggs retrieved, 10 mature. My AMH was low at 9 but my fertility acted like it was higher. The month before I cycled I had a weird short period (which is a sign of perimenopause). The RE said AMH is stable, but I don't know. My family doctor said AMH is not a very good measure of ovarian reserve. In my case my AFC was the better predictor. Alot also depends on the age. You can have great AMH and AFC, make lots of eggs, and most of your embryos be abnormal if you're in your late 30s/early40s.

#3 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 221 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Invicta

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:19 AM

Hi, it depends on your age. From what I have read it might happen after 35+. If you want to improve ovarian reserve, you might consider doing PRP. Myself I know a lady who did mesotherapy before IVF, and had 1st time success with own eggs. x

#4 SMPK

SMPK
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 18 May 2020 - 01:00 AM

Thank you. Ill look into it.

#5 happyfrog

happyfrog
  • Global 100+
  • 221 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained