188 replies to this topic

#51 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:01 AM

I just had a lining check today. Im at 0.9 cm so thick enough but its not trianular (sp?) and much thinner then it was with my successful transfer.

The more concerning issue was that they found traces of fluid in my uterus. Apparently this is likely because of my prior c section. We did a sono prior to the cycle and all looked well. Apparently the lining can absorb the fluid. Im really hoping this the case and we can schedule the transfer when I go back the 7th.

#52 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Gynesys/Procrea

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:55 PM

[quote name="Talise11" post="2721767" timestamp="1593709517"][quote name="Apfel74" post="2721639" timestamp="1593458745"][quote name="melissa87" post="2721635" timestamp="1593446491"]

Not to worry when I had my 1st IVF cycle they didn't use echo when doing the transfer and it came out positive got a 5 year old son now... so don't stress[/quote]

Thank you so much for your words <3 just cant shake the idea that the doctor lost control of the transfer, because it obviously didnt go the way he had planned it. But the nurse insisted she saw the drop coming out exactly where it was supposed to be and I guess I just have to trust them now and wait... Ill POAS Saturday (d5p5dt) for sure, maybe tomorrow even, if I feel I can handle it without it bringing extra stress.

Stay positive and keep us up to date! How are you feeling ?

Hi Ladies,

I wasn’t feeling too hot last night and thought it might be good news, but this morning I had my blood work done (usually done on day 5, but the clinic is closed tomorrow so I had to go in today).  They checked my TSH, oestrogen and progesterone levels.  They called back only a few hours after to tell me that my TSH was way too high: 15.  Everything was normal only a few weeks ago, which means my auto-immune disorder is playing havoc again.  It happened on my last two IVF attempts last year too. This time they added prednisone, hydroxycloroquine and prograf to my protocol, I don't know if those triggered my antibodies... 

So I had to get a new prescription at the drugstore and I “happened” to pass the aisle with the pregnancy tests.  I grabbed a FRER and did it when I came back: nothing.  Not even a squinter.  But it is still day 4½, so I know it doesn’t mean anything.  Still, I was hoping to get a sign that my little embryo is where it belongs…   

Melissa:  I hope that the fluid will be absorbed on your next visit, fingers crossed!  Is the Estrace still making you feel sleepy?

Hopeful Yogi Mama: Hope you’re feeling better, is that headache gone?

Talise: How are you feeling?

Take care ladies, thank you for being here <3

• islandecho likes this
TTC since 2014, now 45 years old
Endometriosis, polyps, thyroid imbalance... took long to my body to be ready.
January 2019: good news, 8 x 4aa (5 days) embryos created.
PGS test: 4x DNA champions, 4 abnormal
First ever FET on April 18th, 2019 -> 1st [email protected]= 7, 2nd [email protected] = 2.2... shooting star :(
Second FET on June 25th, 2019 ->1st [email protected]= 36, 2nd [email protected] = 2.3... another shooting star :(
Several tests to try explain poor implantation (CD-138, Mutations, Antibodies...) all negative except for TPO
February 2020: ERA test, I am 12 hours post-receptive!
March 2020: FET cancelled due to Covid :(
Third FET on June 29th 2020> complications during transfer, BFN. Left with only one good PGS tested embryo

#53 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 06:10 PM

[quote name="Apfel74" post="2721835" timestamp="1593816905"]

[quote name="melissa87" post="2721787" timestamp="1593722862"]
[quote name="Apfel74" post="2721779" timestamp="1593722426"]

[quote name="Talise11" post="2721767" timestamp="1593709517"][quote name="Apfel74" post="2721639" timestamp="1593458745"][quote name="melissa87" post="2721635" timestamp="1593446491"]

Not to worry when I had my 1st IVF cycle they didn't use echo when doing the transfer and it came out positive got a 5 year old son now... so don't stress[/quote]

Thank you so much for your words <3 just cant shake the idea that the doctor lost control of the transfer, because it obviously didnt go the way he had planned it. But the nurse insisted she saw the drop coming out exactly where it was supposed to be and I guess I just have to trust them now and wait... Ill POAS Saturday (d5p5dt) for sure, maybe tomorrow even, if I feel I can handle it without it bringing extra stress.[/quote]

Hi Ladies,
I wasnt feeling too hot last night and thought it might be good news, but this morning I had my blood work done (usually done on day 5, but the clinic is closed tomorrow so I had to go in today).  They checked my TSH, oestrogen and progesterone levels.  They called back only a few hours after to tell me that my TSH was way too high: 15.  Everything was normal only a few weeks ago, which means my auto-immune disorder is playing havoc again.  It happened on my last two IVF attempts last year too. This time they added prednisone, hydroxycloroquine and prograf to my protocol, I don't know if those triggered my antibodies... 
So I had to get a new prescription at the drugstore and I happened to pass the aisle with the pregnancy tests.  I grabbed a FRER and did it when I came back: nothing.  Not even a squinter.  But it is still day 4½, so I know it doesnt mean anything.  Still, I was hoping to get a sign that my little embryo is where it belongs   
Melissa:  I hope that the fluid will be absorbed on your next visit, fingers crossed!  Is the Estrace still making you feel sleepy?
Hopeful Yogi Mama: Hope youre feeling better, is that headache gone?

[/quote][/quote]

Hey I really hope you get your big fat positive! Ill say this, dont lose hope because I didnt see a positive with my daughter until day 6 (I also didnt test until then) but I was encouraged to wait because of the possibility of a false negative.

Yeah Im still tired. I hope the fluid Is absorbed. its hard not to have a brain on overdrive going through a process like this for sure!

#54 Talise11

Talise11
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:38 AM

[quote name="Apfel74" post="2721835" timestamp="1593816905"]

[quote name="Apfel74" post="2721779"
timestamp="1593722426"]

Thank you so much for your words <3 just cant shake the idea that the doctor lost control of the transfer, because it obviously didnt go the way he had planned it. But the nurse insisted she saw the drop coming out exactly where it was supposed to be and I guess I just have to trust them now and wait... Ill POAS Saturday (d5p5dt) for sure, maybe tomorrow even, if I feel I can handle it without it bringing extra stress.[/quote]

Hi Ladies,
I wasnt feeling too hot last night and thought it might be good news, but this morning I had my blood work done (usually done on day 5, but the clinic is closed tomorrow so I had to go in today).  They checked my TSH, oestrogen and progesterone levels.  They called back only a few hours after to tell me that my TSH was way too high: 15.  Everything was normal only a few weeks ago, which means my auto-immune disorder is playing havoc again.  It happened on my last two IVF attempts last year too. This time they added prednisone, hydroxycloroquine and prograf to my protocol, I don't know if those triggered my antibodies... 
So I had to get a new prescription at the drugstore and I happened to pass the aisle with the pregnancy tests.  I grabbed a FRER and did it when I came back: nothing.  Not even a squinter.  But it is still day 4½, so I know it doesnt mean anything.  Still, I was hoping to get a sign that my little embryo is where it belongs   

Apfel74 I'm okay thanks but I don't even feel anything at all even cramps nothing jus feeling like I'm about to start my period ...anything ure feeling ...I'm jus keeping fingers crossed . Are you POAS if so when before your beta. Wel I'm tempted to on my 6th day

#55 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:08 AM

[quote name="Talise11" post="2721853" timestamp="1593866280"][quote name="Apfel74" post="2721835" timestamp="1593816905"]
[quote name="Apfel74" post="2721779"
timestamp="1593722426"]

Hi Ladies,

Apfel74 I'm okay thanks but I don't even feel anything at all even cramps nothing jus feeling like I'm about to start my period ...anything ure feeling ...I'm jus keeping fingers crossed . Are you POAS if so when before your beta. Wel I'm tempted to on my 6th day[/quote]

Hi Talise, I used a First Response Early Results (FRER) yesterday and there was nothing showing. It was only day 4½ though, not even first morning urine, so I know it doesn’t mean anything. Still, last year, I had a faint line at that time so I was hoping I would get a little sign that my embryo is there and working hard to implant. I’ll try again tomorrow morning (day6) with first morning urine, I hope the universe will surprise me!
Feeling like you’re going to have your period could be a good sign, or it could be the progesterone... I do hope it is your little emby getting confortable in its home, fingers crossed! ;)
First ever FET on April 18th, 2019 -> 1st [email protected]= 7, 2nd [email protected] = 2.2... shooting star :(
Second FET on June 25th, 2019 ->1st [email protected]= 36, 2nd [email protected] = 2.3... another shooting star :(
Several tests to try explain poor implantation (CD-138, Mutations, Antibodies...) all negative except for TPO
Third FET on June 29th 2020> complications during transfer, BFN. Left with only one good PGS tested embryo

#56 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 05:55 AM

BFN on FRER this morning (d6p5dt) :’(

I had some hope as some of the Crinone that came out yesterday (sorry, TMI), was tainted dark brown. Thought it might be implantation blood.

I’ll test again in 2 days, but already thinking that I might be able to have a glass of wine next weekend... :’(

Going for a walk now, iPod with my « feel strong » playlist.

#57 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 02:19 PM

@Apfel74 - you've still got lots of time to see that second line, and you're right - the spotting is a great sign! Hang in there & try to stay as positive as you can smile.png

My headache is finally gone! Took almost 3 days. I actually think it may have been a migraine (I've never had one before). Aside from that, I've been feeling good! Day 5 of Estrogen for me. I go back tomorrow for a Sono to check on that polyp. If needed, will get it removed probably Tues or Wed. Lining check on Friday, then if all is well - transfer mid next week!

Decided to ease myself off coffee. I only have 1 cup a day, but I really enjoy it. Went with half decaf/half regular yesterday & today, and will be making my way to fully decaf in the next couple days. Then once I transfer, my naturopath wants me to try and stay away from decaf too. Has anyone else cut coffee completely out?

#58 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:48 AM

Hi Ladies!

How is everybody doing?

Talise: How are you today?  Have you done a POAS this weekend?

Hopeful Yogi Mama: Good news about your headache! : )  How was your sono?  Are sonos painful for you?  I dread them as it seems my pain threshold in my cervix area seems to be lower than for most women, might have something to do with endometriosis, but I always end up cramping for 2 days afterwards. About coffee: before IVF, I used to drink 5-6 coffees a day, and then some black tea in the afternoon!  :S  I then transitioned to 2 coffees a day (high quality dark espresso, which has less caffeine but is super tasty and satisfying!) when I am not cycling, I also replaced black tea by caffeine-free herbal tea.  When I am cycling, I “trick my mind” and reduce again: I mix 1 shot of espresso with a long filter decaf from my Keurig.   This then looks like a huge coffee and I am satisfied drinking ½ to ¾ of it, so altogether drinking less than one caffeinated coffee.  I know this is silly! :P  My doctor said one coffee was fine, but never mentioned anything about decaffeinated coffee being an issue.  What did your naturopath say about decaf?

Melissa:  Sending good vibes your way, hoping your appointment will go well tomorrow!

Take care you all, have a nice relaxing day!

#59 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:18 PM

Happy Monday!

I just got back from my Sono - all looks good, so we are continuing with our transfer this month! Currently on Day 6 of Estrogen (12mg/day), with my lining check on Friday.

Apfel74 - my naturopath mentioned that there are studies being done now to understand whether its caffeine or the actual acidity in coffee, that is harmful in pregnancy. All that said, there is no actual evidence that decaf is bad! I think she is just being extra cautious. I just made myself a decaf coffee... it was crap. So maybe I won't be doing decaf either! Haha! How are you doing today? Did you do another test this AM? 

#60 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:03 PM

Hi Ladies!

How is everybody doing?

Hopeful Yogi Mama: Good news about your headache! : )  How was your sono?  Are sonos painful for you?  I dread them as it seems my pain threshold in my cervix area seems to be lower than for most women, might have something to do with endometriosis, but I always end up cramping for 2 days afterwards. About coffee: before IVF, I used to drink 5-6 coffees a day, and then some black tea in the afternoon!  :S  I then transitioned to 2 coffees a day (high quality dark espresso, which has less caffeine but is super tasty and satisfying!) when I am not cycling, I also replaced black tea by caffeine-free herbal tea.  When I am cycling, I trick my mind and reduce again: I mix 1 shot of espresso with a long filter decaf from my Keurig.   This then looks like a huge coffee and I am satisfied drinking ½ to ¾ of it, so altogether drinking less than one caffeinated coffee.  I know this is silly! :P  My doctor said one coffee was fine, but never mentioned anything about decaffeinated coffee being an issue.  What did your naturopath say about decaf?

Melissa:  Sending good vibes your way, hoping your appointment will go well tomorrow!

So sorry about your BFN stay positive! Whens your beta again ? Im super nervous for my doctor my appointment! I hope its gone and stays away. If not Im hoping to have a clear plan established to fix it so I can have that successful transfer ASAP. Ill keep everyone up to date. Also Im really hoping things work out for you!

#61 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:49 PM

Hi Ladies!

How is everybody doing?

Hopeful Yogi Mama: Good news about your headache! : )  How was your sono?  Are sonos painful for you?  I dread them as it seems my pain threshold in my cervix area seems to be lower than for most women, might have something to do with endometriosis, but I always end up cramping for 2 days afterwards. About coffee: before IVF, I used to drink 5-6 coffees a day, and then some black tea in the afternoon!  :S  I then transitioned to 2 coffees a day (high quality dark espresso, which has less caffeine but is super tasty and satisfying!) when I am not cycling, I also replaced black tea by caffeine-free herbal tea.  When I am cycling, I trick my mind and reduce again: I mix 1 shot of espresso with a long filter decaf from my Keurig.   This then looks like a huge coffee and I am satisfied drinking ½ to ¾ of it, so altogether drinking less than one caffeinated coffee.  I know this is silly! :P  My doctor said one coffee was fine, but never mentioned anything about decaffeinated coffee being an issue.  What did your naturopath say about decaf?

So sorry about your BFN stay positive! Whens your beta again ? Im super nervous for my doctor my appointment! I hope its gone and stays away. If not Im hoping to have a clear plan established to fix it so I can have that successful transfer ASAP. Ill keep everyone up to date. Also Im really hoping things work out for you!

#62 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic/VFC

Posted 06 July 2020 - 11:28 PM

Hey everyone! Hope you had a great weekend.

Hopeful Yogi Mama- I had a headache that lasted 3 days too! I don't know if it was from stopping the birth control, getting my period or starting the estrace...
I used to drink 1 coffee a day, and now I still drink one cup- but switched to decaf. I'll drink a regular coffee once a week or when I've had a difficult night and didn't get much sleep.

Apfel74- crossing my fingers that you'll get the BFP u want!

Melissa87- good luck with your appt tomorrow!

#63 Talise11

Talise11
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:01 AM

Hi Ladies!

How is everybody doing?

Apfel74 :- sorry for your BFN we will wait for your Beta don't worry I also done a POAS 5day post transfer and it's BFN we hope for the best on BETA 3 more days to go

#64 Talise11

Talise11
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:01 AM

Hi Ladies!

How is everybody doing?

Apfel74 :- sorry for your BFN we will wait for your Beta don't worry I also done a POAS 5day post transfer and it's BFN we hope for the best on BETA 3 more days to go

#65 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:55 AM

Hi Ladies!

How is everybody doing?

Hopeful Yogi Mama: Good news about your headache! : )  How was your sono?  Are sonos painful for you?  I dread them as it seems my pain threshold in my cervix area seems to be lower than for most women, might have something to do with endometriosis, but I always end up cramping for 2 days afterwards. About coffee: before IVF, I used to drink 5-6 coffees a day, and then some black tea in the afternoon!  :S  I then transitioned to 2 coffees a day (high quality dark espresso, which has less caffeine but is super tasty and satisfying!) when I am not cycling, I also replaced black tea by caffeine-free herbal tea.  When I am cycling, I trick my mind and reduce again: I mix 1 shot of espresso with a long filter decaf from my Keurig.   This then looks like a huge coffee and I am satisfied drinking ½ to ¾ of it, so altogether drinking less than one caffeinated coffee.  I know this is silly! tongue.png  My doctor said one coffee was fine, but never mentioned anything about decaffeinated coffee being an issue.  What did your naturopath say about decaf?

So it is 8dp5dt and another BFN this morning with FMU.  :'(   Still following the meds protocol, but I've put a bottle of rosé wine in the fridge and I have a feeling I'll be having a drink Thursday night when the clinic calls me after my Beta results come in. 

#66 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:41 AM

Apfel74 and Talise11 Im so sorry about the bfn! My appointment was okay today theres still fluid but less. My lining is really good so Im coming back on Friday to see if its gone and Im possibly looking at the following Wednesday for the transfer!

#67 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:51 AM

Apfel74 & Talise11 - I'm so sorry sad.png Sending you both big hugs!

#68 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 66 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 07 July 2020 - 05:51 PM

Hi - I had my first ultrasound lining check and my lining is only 6mm after having been 8mg of estrogen tablets for 14 days. The docs have decided to increase by dosage my inserting one estrogen tablet (2mg) twice a day. Has anyone had experience with this? Any successes? Im 3 years older compared to the last successful fet and I never had any inning issues then so am worried that now my lining is unresponsive!!

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019

#69 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:42 PM

Hi - I had my first ultrasound lining check and my lining is only 6mm after having been 8mg of estrogen tablets for 14 days. The docs have decided to increase by dosage my inserting one estrogen tablet (2mg) twice a day. Has anyone had experience with this? Any successes? Im 3 years older compared to the last successful fet and I never had any inning issues then so am worried that now my lining is unresponsive!!

Hey I just realized we are cycling at the same clinic - VFC/PCRM now

I've never had to do 2 tabs vaginally, but I'm sure that will help the lining thickness.

I'm also worried that my lining won't be thick and that will delay my transfer. My protocol is a bit different with estrace (started at 4mg, now at 6mg, and will be 8mg in 2 days) Last 2 times I think I started with 8mg from start. Do you have to do another lining check? Are you getting it done at VFC? I'm worried because I already booked my flight for Victoria.
  • Wishingandhoping8888 likes this

#70 Wishingandhoping8888

Wishingandhoping8888
  • 66 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:46 PM

Im actually based out of calgary and will be doing another lining check next tHursday!

Yeah Im worried they are going to cancel the cycle if my lining doesnt thicken up in time. Im really hoping it does.

IVF #1 - Estrogen priming antagonist protocol. Poor responder. 6 eggs retrieved, 2 mature. 2 fertilized with ICSI. Transferred on Day 2 (one 4 cell and another 2 cell) - BFN

31 Years Old, deemed a poor responder with DOR due to severe endo (chocolate cyst on right ovary).

Am currently trying to figure out what worked for others in similar situations as me ?  th_agrr.gif

IVF #2,3, and 4 - Completed Embryo Banking with VFC (Dr Hudson). Amazing Experience. Retrieved in total 9 embryos of high quality and day 5+. yahoo.gif

FET #1 (with VFC) - June 2017. Successful, BFP, and DD born in March 2018 babygirl.gif

FET #2 (with VFC) - tentatively scheduled for December 2019

#71 brea

brea
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:30 AM

Hi July ladies: following your stories and wishing you the best. I was wondering if there is a particular reason you chose to do a medicated FET vs. a natural one? Are there advantages of doing one over the other? I ask because I am planning on an August FET and my RE said to do a natural but I didn't probe any further about the advantages vs. disadvantages. 

#72 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:47 AM

Im actually based out of calgary and will be doing another lining check next tHursday!

Yeah Im worried they are going to cancel the cycle if my lining doesnt thicken up in time. Im really hoping it does.

I'm from Winnipeg, so I have to do my lining check at the hospital and then the send it to my GP and my GP sends it to VFC. It gets a little complicated when cycling out of province, doesn't it?

Where do u get your lining checked? Are you driving to BC then for your FET?

#73 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 09:50 AM

Hi July ladies: following your stories and wishing you the best. I was wondering if there is a particular reason you chose to do a medicated FET vs. a natural one? Are there advantages of doing one over the other? I ask because I am planning on an August FET and my RE said to do a natural but I didn't probe any further about the advantages vs. disadvantages. 

I've always done a medicated FET. I've never been given the option of natural. My menstrual cycle is long (32-35 days), so medicated cycle is easier for timing things appropriately. It's also beneficial in that it makes sure you don't ovulate on your own.

#74 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 12:27 PM

Im not sure I can directly answer your question but Im two years older then my last fet and my lining is way thicker. The only change I have is Im taking my eatrace oraly and not vaginally. I take 4mg three times a day. Can they increase your dose more if it doesnt thicken?

On another note, does anyone know if theres a certain thickness your lining should be under? My pre transfer period is going on a few days longer then planned (could be longer ) because they are trying to make sure that fluid is out of uterus, and so far its starting to work. I cant find any studies that talk about lining being too thick being a problem but Im wondering if anyone has heard otherwise?

#75 BabyforQ

BabyforQ
  • Global 100+
  • 170 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:30 PM

Hi Bibz, I'm hoping on here after my failed FET in June - hoping to transfer in August. I chatted with my RE today and she recommended a natural FET for me with Letrozole. She said some people can have a great response and this is a natural decision after several failed medicated attempts. I also apparently absorb the medications really well - so my estrogen was 14,000 (should be between 1,000 - 5,000) and my Progesterone was 150. She thinks letting the body take the lead can be beneficial. She also said that I should feel a lot better too.

• brea likes this