#26 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Gynesys/Procrea

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

How did it go?

Hi Melissa!

How are you feeling today? Still feeling sleepy?

My FET was this morning and I am still under shock. The 2 previous attempts were quick and pain-free, but this morning, for some reason, they couldn’t see my uterus well with the echo, they had to insert an endovaginal echographic wand with the catheter and with the Crinone gel blocking the way, this was very uncomfortable, painful even. There was some blood on the operating table after the procedure and there wasn’t any the previous times.

Even with the wand, they still couldn’t see the catheter well in the uterus (on the echo) when it was inserted with the embryo in it. The doctor pulled out and wanted to start again, but when the embryologist checked the catheter, it was empty, meaning the embryo had been put in my uterus. I was stressed and asked whether it was put at the proper location, they insisted it did, that they used to do transfers without an echo and that it was done with a measurement, that it had been put where it needed to be before the catheter was withdrawn. I asked if it was possible that it had dropped into my vagina or somewhere else, but the doctor said it wasn’t possible (there are 2 catheters, one like a straw that goes into the uterus and the one with the embryo that goes into the first one, they said the embryo could be either in the uterus or in the catheter, nowhere else). Even with all those explanations, I can’t help to feel that this went very wrong and I am scared that my good embryo was wasted in the process.

The last two times, they had given me a picture of the uterus and I could see the drop of water containing my embryo. This time there was nothing to see on my picture, just a dark cavity.

I am still hopeful, but so scared at the same time... :( To make things worse, DH is out of town, I didn’t think it would be a big deal, as the last times had been uneventful.

I am trying to stay relaxed, I am wearing my thick woollen IVF socks, wrapped in a blanket (we have central air conditioning) and watching Netflix with my two cats cuddled.
TTC since 2014, now 45 years old
Endometriosis, polyps, thyroid imbalance... took long to my body to be ready.
January 2019: good news, 8 x 4aa (5 days) embryos created.
PGS test: 4x DNA champions, 4 abnormal
First ever FET on April 18th, 2019 -> 1st [email protected]= 7, 2nd [email protected] = 2.2... shooting star :(
Second FET on June 25th, 2019 ->1st [email protected]= 36, 2nd [email protected] = 2.3... another shooting star :(
Several tests to try explain poor implantation (CD-138, Mutations, Antibodies...) all negative except for TPO
February 2020: ERA test, I am 12 hours post-receptive!
March 2020: FET cancelled due to Covid :(
Third FET on June 29th 2020> complications during transfer, BFN. Left with only one good PGS tested embryo

#27 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:53 PM

My FET is tomorrow at 8:30 and I should sleep, but I cant stop thinking, googling statistics and success rates after several IVF attempts. Apparently, researches do show an increase in success rates on the third attempt!

... fingers crossed!

I feel like I will be the same way, the night before mine!

#28 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:58 PM

How did it go?

Hi Melissa!

My FET was this morning and I am still under shock. The 2 previous attempts were quick and pain-free, but this morning, for some reason, they couldnt see my uterus well with the echo, they had to insert an endovaginal echographic wand with the catheter and with the Crinone gel blocking the way, this was very uncomfortable, painful even. There was some blood on the operating table after the procedure and there wasnt any the previous times.

Even with the wand, they still couldnt see the catheter well in the uterus (on the echo) when it was inserted with the embryo in it. The doctor pulled out and wanted to start again, but when the embryologist checked the catheter, it was empty, meaning the embryo had been put in my uterus. I was stressed and asked whether it was put at the proper location, they insisted it did, that they used to do transfers without an echo and that it was done with a measurement, that it had been put where it needed to be before the catheter was withdrawn. I asked if it was possible that it had dropped into my vagina or somewhere else, but the doctor said it wasnt possible (there are 2 catheters, one like a straw that goes into the uterus and the one with the embryo that goes into the first one, they said the embryo could be either in the uterus or in the catheter, nowhere else). Even with all those explanations, I cant help to feel that this went very wrong and I am scared that my good embryo was wasted in the process.

The last two times, they had given me a picture of the uterus and I could see the drop of water containing my embryo. This time there was nothing to see on my picture, just a dark cavity.

I am still hopeful, but so scared at the same time... :( To make things worse, DH is out of town, I didnt think it would be a big deal, as the last times had been uneventful.

I am trying to stay relaxed, I am wearing my thick woollen IVF socks, wrapped in a blanket (we have central air conditioning) and watching Netflix with my two cats cuddled.
Oh my gosh, how stressful! Im so sorry. Keep with the positive thoughts. Cozied up with Netflix & your fur babies sounds perfect. Sending baby dust your way!

How long do you wait now for bloodwork? 12 days? Will you test @ home before then, do you think?

#29 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:06 PM

Looks like my body is ready to start this next cycle! Started my period today (5 days early). I have an apt @ the clinic on Wednesday, for Day 3. Looking forward to getting this FET month underway! No more wine for me, and lots of fresh veggies & fruit (which is standard over here!). I picked up some pomegranate juice today as well, as I read that it can help with implantation. Will keep up with yoga, and lots of walks, but taking a break from plyo & weights. Any other tips?!
  • Apfel74 likes this

#30 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:44 PM

How did it go?

Hi Melissa!
My FET was this morning and I am still under shock. The 2 previous attempts were quick and pain-free, but this morning, for some reason, they couldnt see my uterus well with the echo, they had to insert an endovaginal echographic wand with the catheter and with the Crinone gel blocking the way, this was very uncomfortable, painful even. There was some blood on the operating table after the procedure and there wasnt any the previous times.
Even with the wand, they still couldnt see the catheter well in the uterus (on the echo) when it was inserted with the embryo in it. The doctor pulled out and wanted to start again, but when the embryologist checked the catheter, it was empty, meaning the embryo had been put in my uterus. I was stressed and asked whether it was put at the proper location, they insisted it did, that they used to do transfers without an echo and that it was done with a measurement, that it had been put where it needed to be before the catheter was withdrawn. I asked if it was possible that it had dropped into my vagina or somewhere else, but the doctor said it wasnt possible (there are 2 catheters, one like a straw that goes into the uterus and the one with the embryo that goes into the first one, they said the embryo could be either in the uterus or in the catheter, nowhere else). Even with all those explanations, I cant help to feel that this went very wrong and I am scared that my good embryo was wasted in the process.
I am still hopeful, but so scared at the same time... :( To make things worse, DH is out of town, I didnt think it would be a big deal, as the last times had been uneventful.
Oh my gosh, how stressful! Im so sorry. Keep with the positive thoughts. Cozied up with Netflix & your fur babies sounds perfect. Sending baby dust your way!
How long do you wait now for bloodwork? 12 days? Will you test @ home before then, do you think?

Bloodwork will be on day10, but I think I won’t be able to resist testing on day 5...
First ever FET on April 18th, 2019 -> 1st [email protected]= 7, 2nd [email protected] = 2.2... shooting star :(
Second FET on June 25th, 2019 ->1st [email protected]= 36, 2nd [email protected] = 2.3... another shooting star :(
Several tests to try explain poor implantation (CD-138, Mutations, Antibodies...) all negative except for TPO
Third FET on June 29th 2020> complications during transfer, BFN. Left with only one good PGS tested embryo

#31 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:49 PM

Looks like my body is ready to start this next cycle! Started my period today (5 days early). I have an apt @ the clinic on Wednesday, for Day 3. Looking forward to getting this FET month underway! No more wine for me, and lots of fresh veggies & fruit (which is standard over here!). I picked up some pomegranate juice today as well, as I read that it can help with implantation. Will keep up with yoga, and lots of walks, but taking a break from plyo & weights. Any other tips?!

That is exciting news! Your prep sounds good, the idea is to get good blood flow overall... if you drink tea or coffee, it is also a good idea to cut down on that.

#32 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:First Steps

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:28 PM

Im good still tried but its okay Its better I think it just took a few days to readjust to the estrace. Yeah I agree with the prep listed above. I cut tea, coffee, wine, running and weights. I eat pretty healthy so thats not new for me.
  • Apfel74 likes this

#33 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:55 PM

So my timing was off I am starting my FET cycle tomorrow(day 21) and the transfer should be on the 30th or 31st. 

I have to take Suprefact as part of the protocol which is new for me. During my previous transfers I just took estrace from cycle day 2, they did some checks after about 11 days and the transfer was following 5 days of Prometrium. 

Apparently this time I have to take Suprefact for an undetermined number of days and they add an increasing amount of estrace from cycle day 2. I was told that this protocol might be because of my age... 

Anyway I really don't want to do the nasal spray 5 times a day so I've opted for Suprefact injections once a day. lol

How do your protocols compare?

Those that are having side effects from the estrace, you should take it vaginally. I think it won't make you as nauseous because it doesn't get absorbed by the stomach and it seems to be much more effective this way regardless...

Hope everyone is well and good luck to all! Nice to see you here again Mamasita biggrin.png

• Apfel74 likes this

Me: 37 DH: 36

TTC since 2014

IVF #1: November 2016

ER: Retrieved 5 eggs, 5 fertilized, ended up with 4 five day blasts

Fresh ET Nov 2016: BFN

FET w/ ICSI #1         Feb 2017: BFP,  M/C Apr (Lost at 7 weeks, found out at 14, had D&C)

FET  w/ ICSI #2       June 2017: BFP,  M/C Sept (Lost at 9 weeks, found out at almost 13 weeks, had D&C)

FET w/ ICSI #3        April 2018: BFN

IVF # 2: January 2020

ER: Retrieved 15 eggs, 10 fertilized, ended up with 7 five day blasts

Fresh ET Jan 2020: BFN

FET w/ICSI #1          Aug 2020: BFN

5 frosties left, likely not cycling again until next spring.

#34 Talise11

Talise11
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:39 PM

Hi everyone I'm new and I just had my FET this morning I'm so nervous..I tried last year and came out negative feta on 10July..keeping my fingers crossesd
  • Apfel74 likes this

#35 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:59 AM

Hi everyone I'm new and I just had my FET this morning I'm so nervous..I tried last year and came out negative feta on 10July..keeping my fingers crossesd

HI Talise! How are you feeling today? My Day10 Beta will be on the 9th, so we’re real close to one another. I am crossing my fingers with you!

#36 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 08:06 AM

Something else that might help: acupuncture and osteopathy. I have friends for whom it made a difference, 35+ women who got pregnant right after such treatments (no ivf, though). I meant to add it to my prep this time, but with Covid, it was stressful to imagine being in a small closed room with someone for an hour right before FET, so I didn’t do it. My fertility doctor said it couldn’t hurt and wasn’t against it.

#37 Talise11

Talise11
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:13 PM

#38 Talise11

Talise11
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 05:31 AM

HI Talise! How are you feeling today? My Day10 Beta will be on the 9th, so were real close to one another. I am crossing my fingers with you!

Hie thanks dear wish you the best ..any signs yet can you feel any difference yet and what have you been doing to keep yourself busy so far for the 2wwk waiting period

#39 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:10 AM

Something else that might help: acupuncture and osteopathy. I have friends for whom it made a difference, 35+ women who got pregnant right after such treatments (no ivf, though). I meant to add it to my prep this time, but with Covid, it was stressful to imagine being in a small closed room with someone for an hour right before FET, so I didnt do it. My fertility doctor said it couldnt hurt and wasnt against it.

Thank you! Ive done acupuncture in the past, and loved it. Trying to find somewhere that is doing it again, near me. Where I used to go isnt open yet.

#40 Talise11

Talise11
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:05 PM

How did it go?

Hi Melissa!

Not to worry when I had my 1st IVF cycle they didn't use echo when doing the transfer and it came out positive got a 5 year old son now... so don't stress
  • melissa87 and Apfel74 like this

#41 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic/VFC

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:22 PM

Hey ladies!

Talise11- when is your beta test? Will U POAS?

Hopeful Yogi Mama- I did a lot of acupuncture with my successful FET, but now with a toddler and COVID, I don't think I'll be able to this time.

Apfel74- sorry that your transfer was so stressful. There are so many ups and downs through this process.

wannabeamama- so good to see a familiar name here. Where are you cycling? Heartland or another clinic?
Melissa87- I just started estrace yesterday, but just 1 orally and 1 vaginally to start and then after a few days I increase to 2 orally and the after 3. Hopefully I don't get more sleepy than I already am now!

#42 Mamasita204

Mamasita204
  • 1000+
  • 1155 posts
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic/VFC

Posted 02 July 2020 - 02:29 PM

I hope you don't mind, but I made a list to keep track of our FET dates, as well as lining checks and betas.

JULY FET BUDDIES (Lining check) FET - BETA

Apfel74- June 29 ✔-PUPO! BETA-July 9
Talise11- June 30 ✔- PUPO! BETA July 10
melissa87 - mid July
Hopeful Yogi Mama (July 10)- July 20
Mamasita204- (July 13) July 21-24
Wishingandhoping8888 - late July
wannabeamama - July 30/31
  • melissa87 and Apfel74 like this

#43 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:40 PM

[quote name="Talise11" post="2721767" timestamp="1593709517"][quote name="Apfel74" post="2721639" timestamp="1593458745"][quote name="melissa87" post="2721635" timestamp="1593446491"]

Not to worry when I had my 1st IVF cycle they didn't use echo when doing the transfer and it came out positive got a 5 year old son now... so don't stress[/quote]

Thank you so much for your words <3 just can‘t shake the idea that the doctor lost control of the transfer, because it obviously didn‘t go the way he had planned it. But the nurse insisted she saw the drop coming out exactly where it was supposed to be and I guess I just have to trust them now and wait... I‘ll POAS Saturday (d5p5dt) for sure, maybe tomorrow even, if I feel I can handle it without it bringing extra stress.
  • melissa87 likes this

#44 Apfel74

Apfel74
  • 48 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:41 PM

I hope you don't mind, but I made a list to keep track of our FET dates, as well as lining checks and betas.
Talise11- June 30 ✔- PUPO!
melissa87 - (July 3) mid July
Hopeful Yogi Mama - July 20

<3 <3 <3 so nice of you!

#45 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:46 PM

Yes thanks for doing this! Makes it easier to keep track of everyone!

#46 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:46 PM

#47 melissa87

melissa87
  • Global 100+
  • 248 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 03:47 PM

[quote name="Apfel74" post="2721779" timestamp="1593722426"]

[quote name="Talise11" post="2721767" timestamp="1593709517"][quote name="Apfel74" post="2721639" timestamp="1593458745"][quote name="melissa87" post="2721635" timestamp="1593446491"]

Not to worry when I had my 1st IVF cycle they didn't use echo when doing the transfer and it came out positive got a 5 year old son now... so don't stress[/quote]

Thank you so much for your words <3 just cant shake the idea that the doctor lost control of the transfer, because it obviously didnt go the way he had planned it. But the nurse insisted she saw the drop coming out exactly where it was supposed to be and I guess I just have to trust them now and wait... Ill POAS Saturday (d5p5dt) for sure, maybe tomorrow even, if I feel I can handle it without it bringing extra stress.[/quote]

Stay positive and keep us up to date! How are you feeling ?

#48 Hopeful Yogi Mama

Hopeful Yogi Mama
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 04:30 PM

Talise11- June 30 ✔- PUPO!
melissa87 - (July 3) mid July
Hopeful Yogi Mama - July 20

This is great, thank you!!
I had my Day 3 ultrasound & bloodwork yesterday, and started on estrogen yesterday as well (12mg/ day). My lining check is next Friday (July 10th) and they anticipate the transfer to be the following week (w/o July 13th).

Ive been battling a crazy headache the past 48 hours now... not sure if thats from my period and estrogen made it worse, or if its completely unrelated. Between that & nausea, Im feeling pretty crappy today. Made myself a ginger tea, and am taking it easy the rest of the night.

Hope youre all doing well today!

#49 wannabeamama

wannabeamama
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:42 PM

Hey ladies!

Hopeful Yogi Mama- I did a lot of acupuncture with my successful FET, but now with a toddler and COVID, I don't think I'll be able to this time.

Apfel74- sorry that your transfer was so stressful. There are so many ups and downs through this process.

wannabeamama- so good to see a familiar name here. Where are you cycling? Heartland or another clinic?
Melissa87- I just started estrace yesterday, but just 1 orally and 1 vaginally to start and then after a few days I increase to 2 orally and the after 3. Hopefully I don't get more sleepy than I already am now!

Thanks Mamasita! You are always so organized happy.png

I moved out east and I am with AART now! (Not necessarily by choice, but we had to move out here because of hubby's job.)

So far the treatments seem more personalized and I produced a lot more eggs than the first time with Heartland.

Hey ladies!

Me: 37 DH: 36

TTC since 2014

IVF #1: November 2016

ER: Retrieved 5 eggs, 5 fertilized, ended up with 4 five day blasts

Fresh ET Nov 2016: BFN

FET w/ ICSI #1         Feb 2017: BFP,  M/C Apr (Lost at 7 weeks, found out at 14, had D&C)

FET  w/ ICSI #2       June 2017: BFP,  M/C Sept (Lost at 9 weeks, found out at almost 13 weeks, had D&C)

FET w/ ICSI #3        April 2018: BFN

IVF # 2: January 2020

ER: Retrieved 15 eggs, 10 fertilized, ended up with 7 five day blasts

Fresh ET Jan 2020: BFN

FET w/ICSI #1          Aug 2020: BFN

5 frosties left, likely not cycling again until next spring.

#50 Talise11

Talise11
  • Just Hatched
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 07:51 PM

Hey ladies!

My beta is on the 10th